Acharya Nagarjuna University is an affiliating University. It is one of several major universities in the country, covering many colleges and institutes of districts in the region. It is located in Nagarjuna Nagar, Namburu, in the northern part of Guntur City, a major centre of learning for the state of Andhra Pradesh. Acharya Nagarjuna University has completed three decades of its existence. It was inaugurated on 11th September, 1976 by the former President of India, Sri Fakruddin Ali Ahmed. There have been many problems, difficulties and teething problems in its onward march. In the course of the last 30 years, the University has successfully overcome most of the initial problems and is moving forward with determination, enthusiasm and hope. The University has been continuously achieving progress during these 30 years, in terms of introducing new subjects in the University College. For instance, two new P.G. courses, in Hindi, and Tourism & Travel management were introduced last year. New courses were started from the academic year: B.P. Ed. and M.P. Ed in the department of Physical Education, while M.B.A. in Health Administration, M. Ed in the department of Education and M.Sc. in Medical Technology are jointly awarded by A.N.U. and N.T.R. University of Health Sciences. Five year Integrated M.B.A., Programme in International Finance is started. This University has also pioneered the introduction of self-financed courses in the country, which is in conformity with the thinking of the national education policy makers such as the University Grants Commission. The University is making concerted efforts towards resource mobilization on different fronts.
(1) Library : In accordance with the objectives of the Acharya Nagarjuna University the library aims to develop a comprehensive collection of documents useful for the students, faculty and research community of the University. The rich and valuable collection built over a period of about three decades has some rare reference materials and several important journals.
(2) Health Center
(3) Central Lab
(5) Auditorium and Conference Hall
(6) Computer Centre
OFFICIAL SITE OF UNIVERSITY :-
The Official Site of Acharya Nagarjuna University is nagarjunauniversity.ac.in . Students can get all the details of the University by visiting this site. Students can also get complete details of syllabus of courses from this site. Admit Cards of Entrance Test can also be downloaded from this site.
- College of Arts, Commerce & Law
- College of Sciences
- College of Physical Education and Sports Sciences
- College of Engineering & Technology
- College of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- College of Architecture and Planning
COURSES OFFERED BY ACHARYA NAGARJUNA UNIVERSITY :-
College of Arts, Commerce & Law (2 years)
- M.A. Economics
- M.A Rural Development
- M.A Political Science
- M.A Public Administration
- M.A Sociology
- M.S.W (Master of Social Work)
- M.A History
- M.A Ancient History & Archaeology
- M.A Mahayana Buddhist Studies
- M.A Telugu
- M.A Sanskrit
- M.A English
- M.A Hindi
- M.T.T.M(Master of Tourism and Travel Management)
- M.A Journalism & Mass Communication
- P.G. Diploma in Ambedkar Studies
College of Sciences ( 2 years)
- M.Sc. Aquaculture
- M.Sc Bio-chemistry
- M.Sc. Biotechnology
- M.Tech Biotechnology
- M.Sc. Botany
- M.Sc. Chemistry
- M.Sc. Electronics & Instrumentation Technology
- M.Sc. Environmental Sciences
- M.Sc. Foods & Nutritional Science
- M.Sc. Geology
- M.Sc. Mathematics
- M.Sc. Microbiology
- M.Sc. Nano-Biotechnology
- M.Sc. Nano-Technology (5 years)
- M.Sc. Physics
- M.Sc. Statistics
- M.Sc. Statistics (QR & OR)
- M.Sc. Zoology
College of Physical Education and Sports Sciences
- B.P.Ed (1 year)
- M.P.Ed (2 years)
- P.G. Diploma in Yoga for Human Excellence (Regular) – 1 year
- P.G. Diploma in Yoga for Human Excellence (Part Time) – 2 years
College of Engineering & Technology
- B.Tech (ECE) – 4 years
- B.Tech (EEE) – 4 years
- B.Tech (Civil) – 4 year
- B.Tech (ME) – 4 years
- B.Tech (CSE) – 4 years
- M.Tech (CSE) – 2 years
- M.Tech (ECE) – 2 years
College of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- B. Pharmacy – 4 years
- M. Pharmacy (Pharmaceutical Chemistry) – 2 years
- M. Pharmacy (Pharmaceutical Analysis) – 2 years
- M. Pharmacy (Pharmaceutics) – 2 years
College of Architecture and Planning
- B.Arch – 5 years
COURSES FEE :-
The University every year Revises its Fees Structure. The fees of the Available Courses will be mentioned in the Prospectus. The fees payable includes one-time fees and the fees payable for the first year. The University provides two modes of payment of fees by the student.
OPTIONS FOR MAKING THE PAYMENT :-
- OFFLINE – DEMAND DRAFT : The student is required to make a SBI : Demand Draft to be purchased in favour of “ANU ONLINE MODE” payable at (i) SBI Nagarjuna University Campus Branch, Branch Code 4793 (ii) Other Banks : Demand Draft to be purchased in favour of “ANU ONLINE MODE” payable at “GUNTUR“
Please check the respective course page for the amount of fees for your course.
- ONLINE PAYMENT : ANU Online Programs has also facilitated the medium of Online payments for its students. Using this option, the students can pay their fees through credit card/debit card/net banking from the comfort of their homes. After filling up the online admission form, the student shall be guided to the online fee payment page of the University.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE :-
- In order to stream line the admission of students and Research scholars into various P.G. and Research programs of Acharya Nagarjuna University, the Directorate of Admissions‘ was established in the Academic Year 2003-04. It envisages the admissions through centralized Single Window facilitating students and different Departments / Colleges of the University. It also makes easy to follow particular time schedule for University admissions in each academic year and complete the process on time allowing smooth conduct of curriculum as per Academic Calendar.
- Admission of students into all PG courses is made on the basis of the rank obtained by them in the entrance test conducted by the Directorate.
- The schedule of the counseling for admissions is usually informed after declaring the rank of the candidate. The admission process based on the rank is carried out by a computerized system programmed for ‘option exercise’ by candidate and ‘sliding’ in the event of subsequent vacancy. The admission process is totally transparent and vivid with filled-in seats and vacant slots information in the counseling centre. The admission letters are issued to the selected candidates after collecting prescribed fee and directed to report to the principals of concerned colleges.
- The rule of reservation for SC, ST and BC is adhered strictly as per State Government order. The reservation in respect of NCC, Sports, Differently abled persons and Children of Armed forces Personnel is also followed. Fee reimbursement facility is made available to the eligible admitted students as per the norms of the State Government.
- The process of admission usually begins in the 2nd week of March and completes by the 3rd week of June to enable the students to attend the classes from June last week onwards every year.
ENTRANCE TEST :-
Entrance test is conducted for 100 Marks and test paper contains 100 multiple choice questions set from prescribed syllabus divided into three sections. The candidates have to mark their answers in OMR sheet provided to theme along with test booklet.
UG Entrance Eligibility :
Indian Citizen, 18 completed years of age as on 1st July 2014, without PLUS 2 Qualification.
MBA / MCA Entrance Eligibility :
Pass with 50% (45% for Reserved Categories) aggregate in Any Bachelor Degree other than Bachelor in Fine Arts and Bachelor in Oriental Languages and should have studied Mathematics at SSC / Inter / Degree level.
Exemption from Entrance for MBA / MCA
Exemption from Entrance Test is given to the applicants of following categories
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree other than BFA and BOL with 50% marks (45% for Reserved Categories) on aggregate and having a work experience of 10 years
- Candidates possessing Qualifications such as M.Com / M.H.R.M / M.FT / MFM /MMM /CA / ICWA /ACS / MBBS / BL / BTech/ B Pharm / BSc Ag with 2 years of Work Experience after obtaining the respective PG or Professional Qualification.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree other than BFA and BOL with 50% marks (45% for Reserved Categories) on aggregate, qualified in GMAT, CAT, ICET during the last 3 years period.
ADMIT CARD :-
After the scrutiny of received applications, the Admit Cards will be sent to the applicants with the details of date, time and centre of entrance test. candidates can also download their Admit cards from the official site also.
After the Entrance Test the Result will be uploaded in the Official site. Candidates can Check their result by logging on to the Acharya Nagarjuna University’s Official Website. Applicants have to furnish all the details i.e hall ticket number to check the result.
HOW TO APPLY FOR AACHARYA NAGARJUNA UNIVERSITY :-
- Login to www.anuonline.ac.in and click on Apply now button on the home page. Fill the admission form with all the required details, scan the documents and upload them. Please note down the system generated Reference Number after submitting application for all further references and communication.
- Make Payment of fee either through Online Payment or with a DD as specified above, fill in the details and submit. Please do not forget to Save/Print Fee Receipt. For the details of the DD, please refer to the Payment schedule section of this website.
- Please send the following documents in hard copy to the below mentioned address:
- Take two prints of the application form and sign them
- Send 1 hardcopy (2 hardcopies for international applicants) of each of the documents, attested by a Gazetted officer/ Notary
- 3 Passport size photographs
- Demand Draft (in case of DD Payment) / Printed copy of the receipt in case of Online payment
CHECKLIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR APPLYING ONLINE
- Proof of Qualification : Attested Xerox copies of Original Degree / Provisional Pass Certificate and Marks Statement of Qualifying Examination passed
- 3 passport size photographs
- Proof of Identity (Aadhaar Card OR Voter ID OR Passport First page)
- Attested Xerox copy of the marriage certificate (if applicable) indicating change in name.
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Original Degree or Provisional Degree for PG Courses
- Plus 2 Certificate and Marks Memorandum for UG Courses
- Marks Lists of all the Years of Degree or Consolidated Marks Lists for PG Courses
- Work Experience Certificate (if any)
You will need to get photocopies of the above mentioned documents attested by notary / gazetted officer of the Government.
Address For Dispatch
Centre for Distance Education – ICT Division,
International Students Cell
Acharya Nagarjuna University ,
Nagarjuna Nagar – 522510,
Andhra Pradesh, India
Call us on: 8688 338 338
sms: ANUOP to 56767
Please send the envelope containing the documents mentioned above by Registered Post Acknowledgement Due Only.
Please write Reference Number of your Application on the backside of Photograph and also super scribe envelope with the same.
For more queries drop your comments in the comment box. Our team of experts will try their best to sought out your queries. Keep tuned to our site for more updates.