The All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) are a group of autonomous public medical colleges of higher education. These institutes have been declared by Act of Parliament as institutions of national importance in 1956. The degrees awarded by the Institute under the All India Institute of Medical Sciences Act are recognized medical qualifications for the purpose of the Indian Medical Council Act and notwithstanding anything contained therein, are deemed to be included in the first schedule of that Act, entitling the holders to the same privileges as those attached to the equivalent awards from the recognized Universities of India. In the field of postgraduate education, the most important function of the Institute is to provide opportunities for training teachers for medical colleges in the country in an atmosphere of research and enquiry. Postgraduate students are exposed to newer methods of teaching and given opportunities to actively participate in teaching exercises. The other important objectives of the Institute are to bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all the important branches of health activity and to attain self-sufficiency in postgraduate medical education. The educational principles and practices being adopted are those which are best suited to the needs of the nation.
OFFICIAL SITE OF AIIMS :-
The official site of AIIMS is www.aiimsexams.org . Candidates can get all the details of AIIMS by visiting this site. All the information about the medical entrance exam and other courses can be gained from this site.
LATEST NEWS FROM AIIMS :-
- Applicants must completed 10 + 2 examination or its equivalent exam from a recognized university with English and PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) as subjects to apply for the examination.
- Applicants must have scored at least 60% aggregate in case of general and OBC category applicants in PCB subjects taken together (50% in case of SC/ ST category applicants)
- Applicants overseas citizen of India are eligible to write AIIMS MBBS 2016 only if they produce the document of Registration under section 7A of citizenship act 1955. Applicant age and education requirement for these remains the same as above.
Age Limit :
Applicants applying for MBBS Exam must complete 17 years on or before 31st December, 2016 at the time of admission.
IMPOTANT DATES :-
- Application form Available from : February, 2016
- Last date to fill the application form : March, 2016
- Entrance Examination : 29th May, 2016
- Result (to be declared) : 14th June, 2016
- 1st Counselling : 04th, 05th, 06th & 07th July, 2016 (Monday-Thursday)
- 2nd Counselling : 04th August, 2016 (August)
- 3rd Counselling : 06th Sepetember, 2016 (Tuesday)
- Open Counselling (If required) : 27th September,2016 (Tuesday)
EXAM PATTERN :-
- The question paper of AIIMS will be either in Hindi or English as per the choice made by the candidate in the application form.
- The format of the paper is computer based and consist of 200 multiple choice questions.
- The exam will be about 3 hours 30 minutes and it will be held in the morning (9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) and afternoon (3:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
- Applicant 1/3 mark will be reduces for each wrong answer and 1 mark will be added for each correct answer.
- The distribution of the subject and question is as follows:
|Subject||No of Questions|
APPLICATION FEES :-
The AIIMS 2016 application fees will be different for different category candidates, the fees details for the AIIMS 2016 is mentioned below:
- General/OBC Category : Rs. 1000/-
- SC/ST candidates : Rs. 800/-
- OPH Candidates : No fees will be charged
AIIMS EXAM CENTRES :-
ADMIT CARD :-
The AIIMS admit card 2016 will be available to the in the first week of may through the official website of AIIMS. The candidate can download their admit card and bring it to the examination hall on the exam date.
The candidates who have appeared in the AIIMS 2016 exam can check their result from the official website of AIIMS, the result will be available in the 2nd to 3rd week of June, 2016. Candidates are informed that the all the information about the AIIMS result 2016 will be updated in our web page.
The counselling for the allotment of seats to the MBBS course in the seven All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) that is located at New Delhi, Bhubaneswar, Patna, Rishikesh, Raipur, Bhopal and Jodhpur is likely to commence in the month of July 2016. The list of successful candidates who have been called for the AIIMS MBBS 2016 Counselling in various categories, along with their ranks in the entrance exam will be displayed on the official website of AIIMS i.e aiimsexams.org for the information of candidates. Selected candidates can download their counselling letter from the official website of the Institute and should report for the counselling in person.
Details of Counselling Procedure :
- In the AIIMS MBBS Counselling process, allotment to the seats that are to be filled up in the Open (UR) category will be done first. In the Open (UR) category, seats will be allocated on the basis of merit alone, irrespective of the category that the candidate belongs to.
- After the counselling for the Open (UR) category has been done, counselling for reserved category candidates will be conducted.
- Reserved category candidates who have qualified in the Open (General) Merit List will have to, however, attend the counselling for open category seats. In case, such a candidate is not present for the open category counselling or refuses to accept a seat in the open category, he/she will not be allowed to participate in the counselling for reserved categories later.
- Candidates are required to bring original copies of all the necessary certificates at the time of counselling. Failure to bring all or one of the required certificates will make the candidate ineligible for the allotment of a seat.
Documents Required at the time of AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2016 :
(i) AIIMS MBBS 2016 Admit Card
(ii) AIIMS MBBS 2016 Call Letter
(iii) Certificate for proof of date of birth.
(iv) Certificate/Mark Sheet of the High School/Higher Secondary Examination
(v) Migration Certificate issued by the University/Board last attended by the candidate
(vi) Category Certificate issued by the competent authority if applicable
(vii) Six copies of current passport size photograph of the candidate.
(viii) One set of attested copies of all the certificates mentioned above.
HOW TO APPLY FOR AIIMS MEDICAL ENTRANCE EXAM 2016 :-
- Applicants need to visit website www.aiimsexams.org to register for the examination.
- Applicants need to provide their necessary details like Name, Mobile number and Email ID and register it.
- Login at site and fill their personal, qualification, internship details as mentioned in the form.
- After filling up the necessary details applicant is required to upload their recent passport size photograph and signature in JPEG format and as per the requirement in the form and submit it.
- Applicants have to pay the application fees to complete the process online or offline.
- Keep a copy of receipt for further reference.
Note : Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria. For more queries drop comments below. Stay connected to our site for more update.