Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is one of the oldest premier Central Universities of India with a unique and rich culture of its own. It owes its existence to the selfless and untiring efforts of the great visionary SIR SYED AHMAD KHAN. Deeply moved by the socio-economic and educational plight of his community after the First War of Independence of 1857, he was quick to realize that the panacea for these ills lay in inculcating the spirit of free enquiry and modernism in the community. His exposure to the British Universities, particularly those at Oxford and Cambridge, and their public schools, inspired him with a new vision of a harmonious pattern of culture, combining the best elements in the cultures of the East with the arts and sciences of the West. In 1875 he founded a High School at Aligarh, which, within three years, was raised to a College known as Mohammadan Anglo Oriental College which metamorphosed into Aligarh Muslim University in 1920 through an Act of Parliament.
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) draws students from all corners of the country as well as foreign countries, especially Africa, West Asia and Southeast Asia. In some courses, seats are reserved for students from SAARC and Commonwealth Countries. The University has thirteen Faculties viz.
- Agricultural Sciences
- Engineering & Technology
- International Studies
- Life Sciences
- Management Studies & Research
- Social Sciences
- Unani Medicine,
each comprising of several Departments of Studies. The University also maintains number of Colleges, Institutes, Centres and Schools. Notably among them are –
- Women’s College
- Centre of Professional Courses
- Interdisciplinary Biotechnology Unit
- Zakir Hussain College of Engineering & Technology
- Ajmal Khan Tibbiya College
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College
- Dr. Ziauddin Ahmad Dental College
- Institute of Ophthalmology
- Centre for Advanced Studies in History
- Centre for Women Studies
- Centre for Nehru Studies
- University Polytechnic
- University Women’s Polytechnic
- K.A. Nizami Centre for Quranic Studies
- Community College
- Centre for Promotion of Educational and Cultural Advancement of Muslims of India (CPECAMI)
- Schools including one for the visually challenged.
The Official Site of Aligarh Muslim University is www.amu.ac.in. You can gain all the information about the University, the courses offered by the University, Fees Structure and many more details through this site.
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION UNDER OUTSTANDING SPORTSPERSON CATEGORY
The Closing Date for admissions under this category is 14.08.2017. No vacancy after this date shall be filled up. Below we are providing the details regarding who can apply for this category.
1. Those who secure first three positions in CBSE/KVS, School Nationals and Sports Boards tournaments under SGFI or have represented the All India Combined Schools Teams.
2. Those who represent the state in the National Championship, of various age groups, organized by the recognized Federations of India.
3. Those who represent India, in any age group.
4. Represented District in Regional (Mandal) tournaments / Affiliated to Registered Associations / Federations and School Games Federation of India.
1. In addition to the above category of Sportspersons, those who have participated in the Zonal or All India Intervarsity (Inter Zonal) tournament organized under the auspices of the AIU.
2. Representing the University at least once is mandatory except in sports where there is no university team participation.
IMPORTANT RULES FOR OUTSTANDING SPORTSPERSON CATEGORY
1. Only candidates who fulfil the Academic and Sports eligibility as given in Guide to Admission will be considered for admission irrespective of invitation to appear for sports trial.
2. Candidates must tick the corresponding columns and CHECK LIST on the main Application Form and also attach necessary certificates of achievements in games along with Outstanding Sportsperson Proforma, if he/she desires to be considered for Sports category, failing which he/she will forfeit his/her claim for consideration under this category. If Outstanding Sportsperson Proforma is submitted incomplete or without the signature and photograph of the applicant at the relevant place, the same will be REJECTED and no further correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
3. Filling up of Outstanding Sportsperson Proforma does not guarantee that the candidate will be called for trial by the University.
4. Application Form for admission under Outstanding Sportsperson category shall be considered for only those courses where seats have been earmarked for the same as given below.
5. No Application Form for admission under outstanding sportsperson category shall be considered unless accompanied by attested photocopies of the sports certificate for achievements organized by Sports Authority / Sports bodies for the last three years. Sports certificates will not be accepted after submission of Application Form.
6. Any certificate provided by the applicant may be sent to the respective association/federation for verification. If at any stage the certificate is not found to be genuine, the admission will be cancelled summarily.
7. Candidates found suitable for consideration may be called by the University for Physical Fitness and Skill Tests / Trials for Sports. Candidates called for trials will come to Aligarh at their own expenses.
8. Candidates are advised to contact the Secretary, University Games Committee regarding date and time for Sports Trial.
9. Participation in Sports trials does not guarantee the offer of admission. The trial is only to check the claim made by the candidate that he/she is Sportsperson.
10. Late reporting by a candidate called for trial will forfeit his/her claim for Sports Category.
11. Candidates are required to produce original Certificates of achievements and mark-sheet of the qualifying examination at the time of trial / admission.
12. Relaxation in the eligibility (aggregate percentage) up to 5% (if required) will be given for admission under Outstanding Sportsperson category.
13. Appearance in the admission test will be the mandatory requirement for trial. No candidate securing less than the minimum marks prescribed for General Category shall be admitted in any of the courses where admission is based on Admission / Departmental Test.
14. The University takes no responsibility for any injury incurred to the candidate during the Sports Trial.
15. All the eligibility criteria / requirements of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) has to be met by the candidate (as listed on the website (www.aiuweb.org) to be nominated under the Sports Category.
16. No intimation letter will be sent by post. The list of the candidates called for trial will be uploaded on the website www.amu.ac.in 10-15 days before the trial.
17. Candidates are also advised to check / visit the University website regularly for updates.
18. Decision of the University for selecting candidates will be final.
SEATS EARMARKED FOR ADMISSION UNDER OUTSTANDING SPORTSPERSON CATEGORY
Name of Course Seats (Males) Seats (Females)
- B.A. (Hons.) F/o Arts 10 04
- B. Com. (Hons) 07 04
- B.Sc. (Hons.) F/o Life Sciences 03 03
- B.Sc.(Hons.) F/o Science 04 03
- B.A. (Hons.) F/o Social Sciences 14 07
- M. Com. 03
- M.A.(Mass Communication) 02
- P.G. Courses (other departmental test courses) 25
NOTE : The seats mentioned in the above Table is a maximum limit and it is not mandatory to fill all the seats.
Fore more details please read the complete admission procedure given in the below provided link :-
Candidates are advised read the complete instructions before applying. Keep visiting our site for regular updates. Share your comments with us.