Allahabad Bank was founded on April 24, 1865 by a group of Europeans at Allahabad. It is the oldest joint stock bank in India with its headquarters in Kolkata. On 24 April 2014, the bank entered into its 150th year of establishment. As of 31 March 2012, Allahabad Bank had over 2,500 branches across India.The bank did a total business of INR 3.1 trillion during the FY 2012-13. The bank has a branch in Hong Kong and a representative office in Shenzen. The bank’s market capitalisation in May 2016 was US$543 million and it ranked #1834 on the Forbes Global 2000 list. Allahabad Bank’s equity shares are listed on Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India. The mission of the bank is to ensure anywhere and any time banking for the customer with latest state-of-the-art technology and by developing effective customer centric relationship and to emerge as a world-class service provider through efficient utilization of Human Resources and product innovation.
OFFICIAL SITE :-
The official site of Allahabad Bank is www.allahabadbank.in. All the details of the Bank and the services offered by it can be gained by visiting this site. Candidates can check all the latest recruitment in the official website. They can apply online and can download there admit cards from the official website.
LATEST UPDATE FROM ANDHRA BANK :-
Allahabad Bank is going to release various Job Openings for the year 2017 in the upcoming few months. The vacancies will be released for various positions like Probationary Officer (PO), Specialist Officer (SO), Manager and Clerk, Officer in Junior Management (Scale I) Cadre and Office Assistant (Multi-purpose) vacancies post etc. This is the best career opportunity for the Job Seekers to be grabbed because Allahabad Bank provides the right opportunities for the young, ambitious and talented to flourish. The bank also provides various perks alongwith the attractive salary package. The people working in this prestigious organization will gain immense job satisfaction, and their dream of an ambitious career will be achieved.
Many candidates will going to apply for these job openings. So, in this post we are furnishing all the details of eligibility criteria, selection procedure, exam tips, books names etc. so that the candidates can be well prepared for the upcoming Andhra Bank Recruitment 2017-18.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :-
Probationary Officer –
- Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University/ Institution; and working knowledge in Computer Operation with Certificate/Diploma/
Degree in Computer operations/Language; or
- Studied Computer/Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/Colleges/Institutes
Essential requirement – Minimum total weighted standard score (as mentioned in the IBPS score card) obtained in the common written examination for POs/MTs.
Age limit – Minimum 20 years, maximum 30 years
Chief Customer Service Officer – Applicants should have super annuated or have taken voluntary retirement at the level of General Manager/ Deputy General Manager of a scheduled commercial bank other than Allahabad Bank. Applicants should have necessary skills in banking, including General Banking, Credit, Forex Operations, Treasury, Government Business, Merchant Banking, Credit Card operations etc.
Age – The qualifying age of applicants should be not exceeding 65 years.
Chartered Accountant/ Financial Analyst –
- Passed final examination for Chartered Accountants. OR
- Graduates and CFA/ICWA/Full time MBA (Finance) / Full time PGDBM (Finance).
- 2 years in the area of credit appraisal of big/medium industrial projects in any Scheduled Commercial Bank. (Not applicable for candidates having CA qualification)
Security Officer –
- Graduate in any discipline from any recognized University.
- Minimum 5 years as Junior Commissioned Officer and equivalent in the Indian Army/Navy/Air Force OR 5 years as a Police Officer in the rank of Inspector OR An Officer of identical rank in Paramilitary Forces with minimum 5 years service.
Civil Engineer – 4 years B.E/B.Tech Degree in Civil Engineering from any recognized University.
Electrical Engineer – 4 years B.E/B.Tech Degree in Electrical Engineering from any recognized University.
Age limit – Between 20 to 35 years.
SALARY/PAY SCALE (Estimated) :-
Probationary Officer : Rs 23700/- to Rs 37500/-
Chartered Accountant : Rs 31705/-to Rs 45950/-
Security Officer and Engineer Posts : Rs 23700/- to 42020/-
Chief Customer Service Officer : Rs 60000/-
Note : DA, HRA, CCA etc. will be paid as per Bank’s rules in force from time to time depending upon place of posting. Medical, LTC, Defined Contributory Retirement Benefit, Gratuity etc will be admissible as per prevailing Bank’s rules.
SELECTION PROCEDURE :-
Probationary Officer : Two-tier process
- Common written examination (CWE) conducted by IBPS: Candidates should have appeared at common written examination conducted by IBPS in September, 2011 or subsequently and should have obtained the minimum category-wise cut-off in the total weighted standard score (TWS score) as stipulated by the Bank to become eligible and are in possession of valid score card
- Group Discussion and Interview/or Interview: Depending upon the number of category-wise vacancies, only a certain number of eligible applicants in the descending order of total weighted standard score (TWS score) in the common written examination (CWE) conducted by IBPS, Mumbai in respective category will be called for group discussion and interview or only interview at the discretion of the Bank
- The group discussion, if conducted, will be qualifying one i.e. the marks in group discussion will not be recognised for merit ranking
- Only those candidates who secure the qualifying marks in the group discussion will be considered for interview
- The interview of 35 marks shall be conducted to assess the attributes of the candidates like intelligence, motivation, communication skills etc
- The minimum qualifying marks for interview would be 40% i.e. 14 for General category and 35% i.e. 12 for reserved category candidates
- Candidates not qualifying in the interview will not be considered for final selection
- Looking to the requirement and exigencies, Bank may waive/adopt any of the procedures for selection of candidates; relax/increase the cut-offs (TWS score obtained in CWE) and/or fix the ratio of the candidates to be called for interview
- Final selection: Only those candidates who have secured the stipulated minimum TWS score in the CWE and also the minimum qualifying marks in the interview will be considered for final selection.
- Final merit list will be prepared in respect of eligible candidates comprising all categories by adding the total weighted standard score (TWS Score) obtained by them in the common written examination (CWE) and Interview and the same will be strictly in descending order of merit.
- In case two or more candidates secure same aggregate marks, they will be ranked on the basis of their seniority in age.
Specialist Officers :
- Written Test (Online)
- Personal Interview
Security Officer Test Pattern –
|S.No||Subject||No of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|3.||Test of General Awareness with special reference
to Banking Industry
Chartered Accountant/Financial Analyst and Civil Engineer, Electrical Engineer Test Pattern
|S.No||Subject||NO of Questions||Marks||Duration|
Chief Customer Service Officer :
The eligible candidates will be called for personal interaction and decision of the Bank in this regard shall be final.
HOW TO APPLY :-
Probationary Officer and Specialist Officer –
- Interested and eligible candidates may apply online through Allahabad Bank official website (www.allahabadbank.in) before the due date i.e whichever is mentioned in the Recruitment Notification.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill in the online application themselves and upload their photographs and signature as per the instructions given. No change is permitted after clicking on FINAL SUBMIT Button.
Chief Customer Service Officer –
Application forms should be submitted in prescribed formats along with required documents of eligibility attached to –“The General Manager (HR), Allahabad Bank, Head Office 2, N.S. Road, Kolkata -700 001” in an envelope super scribed as “Application for the post of Chief Customer Service Officer (CCSO) on or before last date mentioned in the Advertisement.
IMPORTANT BOOKS FOR BANK EXAMS
Here we are providing a list of some books which will be helpful for the candidates who are preparing to apply for Bank Jobs.
- Comprehensive Guide to IBPS-CWE Bank PO/MT Prelim + Main Exam by Disha Publications
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination Paperback by Abhijit Guha
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by RS Aggrawal
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Aggarwal
- Logical Reasoning by Nishit Sinha
- Objective English for Competitive Examination by Hari Mohan Prasad & Uma Rani Sinha
- MCQs ON Computer by Alik Kumar
- Banking Awareness by Arihant
- Book for full length tests : IBPS Bank PO/MT CWE Common Written Examination Practice Work Book : Kiran Prakashan
Keep regularly connected with our site. We will update all the latest recruitment notification and updates as soon as the Allahabad bank will release it officially. Share your comments with us.