“Andhra Bank” was founded by the eminent freedom fighter and a multifaceted genius, Dr. Bhogaraju Pattabhi Sitaramayya. The Bank was registered on 20th November 1923 and commenced business on 28th November 1923 with a paid up capital of Rs 1.00 lakh and an authorised capital of Rs 10.00 lakhs. Andhra Bank with a brand value of $ 134 million, has been listed as one the Top 500 Global Financial Services Brands by UK based Brand Finance co. Andhra Bank is ranked 461 in the Brand Finance @ Global Banking 500, an annual international ranking, the bank is one of the Top 20 Indian Banks in the global league for this year. Apart from regular banking services and solutions, Andhra Bank has introduced some attractive services such as AB Premium Current Account and AB Privilege Corporate Salary Savings Bank Account with extra benefits to the customers. Also, the bank has launched AB Saral Housing Loan scheme featuring housing loans upto Rs. 20 Lacs. Andhra Bank has also partnered with various financial institutions like Kotak Mahindra, Reliance, Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund and Fidelity Mutual Fund, assisting them in sales of their Mutual Fund products. The bank has also signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Maruti Suzuki Ltd. for financing 4 wheeler vehicles.
PIONEERING EFFORTS :
Andhra Bank is the first bank in India to have launched mobile biometric ATMs. These ATMs stop at predestinated sites, and instead of entering the personal identification number (PIN), the customers have to match their finger prints with their recorded finger prints in the bank database. This has enabled even the illiterate or uneducated customers of the bank to enjoy the ATM facility being offered by the bank.
SOCIAL ACTIVITIES :
As an initiative to empower the society, the bank has established 10 Rural Training Institutes, which have provided training to 76,300 candidates for getting successfully self employed. The institutes offer free training, lodging, boarding facilities coupled with to and fro travel expenditure to the candidates undergoing the training programmes.
OFFICIAL SITE :
The official site of Andhra Bank is www.andhrabank.in. All the details of the Bank and the services offered by it can be gained by visiting this site. Candidates can check all the latest recruitment in the official website. They can apply online and can download there admit cards from the official website.
LATEST UPDATE FROM ANDHRA BANK :
Andhra Bank is going to release various Job Openings for the year 2017 in the upcoming few months. The vacancies will be released for various positions like Probationary Officer (PO), Specialist Officer (SO), Manager and Clerk, Officer in Junior Management (Scale I) Cadre and Office Assistant (Multi-purpose) vacancies post etc. This is the best career opportunity for the Job Seekers to be grabbed because Andhra Bank provides the right opportunities for the young, ambitious and talented to flourish. The bank also provides various perks alongwith the attractive salary package. The people working in this prestigious organization will gain immense job satisfaction, and their dream of an ambitious career will be achieved.
Many candidates will going to apply for these job openings. So, in this post we are furnishing all the details of eligibility criteria, selection procedure, exam tips, books names etc. so that the candidates can be well prepared for the upcoming Andhra Bank Recruitment 2017-18.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
Probationary Officer – Candidates applying for this Post should acquire Graduation degree in any discipline with minimum 50% marks from any recognized University or Institute.
Age Limit – The age of the candidates applying for Andhra Bank Probationary Officer should be between 20 to 28 years. Relaxation in age is as per government rules.
Clerk – Candidates applying for this Post should acquire Graduation degree in any discipline from any recognized University or Institute.
Age – Between 20 to 28 years.
Probationary Asst Manager : Post Graduation degree in Commerce/ Business Administration/ Mathematics with First Class from a recognized University in regular college course with knowledge in Computer Operations.
Age : Between 20 to 28 years.
Relationship Manager : Graduation / Post Graduate/ MBA Degree in relevant streams from well reputed University/ Institute according to post with good academic records.
Age : Between 23 to 28 years.
Database Administrator (Assistant Manager) :
(1) First Class degree in B.E. / B.Tech. in Computer Science / IT / Electronics / Electrical from a reputed University. (Open University and correspondence degree are not eligible).
(2) CCNP certification with minimum 2 years Networking experience or 3/6 years experience in CISCO Routers, Firewalls and Switches is preferred. Candidates having experience in Banking & Financial Institutions / Appropriate Certification are preferred.
Age : 35 years
Specialist Officer : Graduate And Post Graduate Degree Or Post Graduate Diploma In Relevant Discipline.
Age : Between 20 to 35 years.
Customer Care Manager : Graduation / Post Graduate/ MBA Degree in relevant streams from well reputed University/ Institute according to post with good academic records.
Age : 35 years
Bank Mitra Facilitator :
1. Officers who retired either on VRS or on Superannuation and who are not below Scale II or above Scale IV cadres.
2. The selected candidate should have exposure to Financial Inclusion and must have experience of 2 years in BC agent activities, FI activities i.e., either worked in FI department at controlling offices, Corporate Offices, LDM Offices, RSETTIs or actively participated in FI & FLC activities as Rural Branch Manager.
Part Time Sweeper : Candidates should have pass in 8th class or its equivalent (Should have studied local language as one of the subjects in 8th standard) and not have passed 12th class or its equivalent.
Age : Candidates age limit should be between 18 – 25 years as on date of notification. Age relaxation is applicable to 05 years for SC/ ST candidates, 03 years for OBC candidates & 10 years for PWD Candidates.
SALARY IN ANDHRA BANK :
Salary for the above vacancies depends on experience and qualification. It is completely negotiable. It can vary from Rs. 2 lakh to Rs.1 lakh for various Clerical and officer vacancies. It all depends on professional qualification and exposures to banking atmosphere.
Perks and Allowances :
The gross package includes various allowances, such as Dearness Allowance, HRA, educational allowance, petrol allowance , vehicle maintenance allowance, and other necessary perks in addition to the bank salary.
SELECTION PROCESS :
Probationary Officer and Clerk – Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in written exam and interview.
|S. No.||Name of the Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
HOW TO PREPARE FOR BANK EXAM :
The candidates who are going to apply for the Andhra Bank vacancies have to follow the below mentioned tips to crack the exam –
1) English language – Out here, you have to focus specifically on four aspects: Vocabulary, grammar, English usage and reading. Reading comprehension and vocabulary are generally interlinked as synonyms and antonyms asked in the exam are from the passage itself.
2) Numerical ability/ quant aptitude – Within quant, the most important aspects are arithmetic and data interpretation. The questions based on simplification and numerical series also have significant weightage. Besides that, mensuration too accounts for a couple of questions.
3) Reasoning ability – Puzzle test, mathematical inequalities, syllogisms, seating arrangement, blood relations, coding-decoding and input-output are the key topics in this area.
However, logical reasoning questions such as: Statement-assumption, statement-argument, statement-course of action and statement-conclusion must not be neglected as well.
4) Computer knowledge – To comprehensively cover all the questions from this area you should study (a) keyboard shortcuts (b) software packages and usage (c) cyber security and security tools (d) abbreviations and acronyms (e) networking fundamentals (f) history of computers and programming languages (g) internet knowledge and protocols (h) basic computer terminology (i) computer hardware.
5) General and banking/ financial awareness – The syllabus of this area generally seems vague to most candidates. However, preparing yourself to handle questions based on the following topics will be of maximum benefit.
(a) New appointments and who is who (b) prizes and awards (c) international summits /conferences (d) government welfare schemes and initiatives (e) sports tournaments (f) science and technology projects (g) books and authors (h) international organisations
Banking/ financial awareness
(a) Fiscal and monetary policy announcements (b) macroeconomic indicators (c) Indian banking system (d) regulatory framework (e) banking and financial terms (f) financial market developments (g) banking operations
IMPORTANT BOOKS FOR BANK EXAMS
Here we are providing a list of some books which will be helpful for the candidates who are preparing to apply for Bank Jobs.
- Comprehensive Guide to IBPS-CWE Bank PO/MT Prelim + Main Exam by Disha Publications
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination Paperback by Abhijit Guha
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by RS Aggrawal
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Aggarwal
- Logical Reasoning by Nishit Sinha
- Objective English for Competitive Examination by Hari Mohan Prasad & Uma Rani Sinha
- MCQs ON Computer by Alik Kumar
- Banking Awareness by Arihant
- Book for full length tests : IBPS Bank PO/MT CWE Common Written Examination Practice Work Book : Kiran Prakashan
HOW TO APPLY :-
- Interested and eligible candidates may apply online through Andhra Bank official website (www.andhrabank.in) before the due date i.e whichever is mentioned in the Recruitment Notification.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill in the online application themselves and upload their photographs and signature as per the instructions given. No change is permitted after clicking on FINAL SUBMIT Button.
Keep regularly connected with our site. We will update all the latest recruitment notification and updates as soon as the Andhra bank will release it officially. Share your comments with us.