Azim Premji University was established as a not-for-profit, private autonomous university under the Azim Premji University Act 2010 of the Karnataka Legislature in India. The University has been Recognized by The University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 22F. The campus is on Hosur Road on the outskirts of Bangalore in Karnataka, India, which is a leased premise. The private campus is under construction between Attibele and Sarjapura. The mission of Azim Premji University is to create outstanding and effective programmes of learning, research and advocacy in education, development and allied fields like health, nutrition, and livelihood. The university aims at facilitating systemic change in education and allied development areas by conducting extensive research, developing new talent, and creating domain knowledge. The Azim Premji Foundation is the sponsor of the university. Azim Premji is the Chancellor of the University and Anurag Behar is the Vice Chancellor. The University is organized into 5 schools and a University wide Research centre. These schools have ownership for their respective programmes. They will engage with key initiatives in their respective domains, through research, conferences, workshops, publications and several other mechanisms. While each faculty member will have a primary affiliation to a School, in spirit they are “University faculty” and will teach across schools, engage in institution building and contribute significantly to the overall academic development of the University. The University operations team handles all pan University functions and processes like Admissions, Academic and General administration, finance etc.
OFFICIAL SITE :-
The Official Site of Ajim Premji University is www.azimpremjiuniversity.edu.in . Students can get all the details of the University by visiting this site. Students can also get complete details of syllabus of courses from this site. Admit Cards of Entrance Test can also be downloaded from this site.
PLACEMENT PROCESS :-
The University has a Placement cell where students play the lead role. The cell is guided by faculty and members of the Foundation across the country and has a dedicated support team for efficient administration. The Placement cell works with potential employers from different sectors to understand their recruitment needs, analyze them and create opportunities for students, both through campus and off-campus placements. Placement support is provided to all students for career opportunities in government, industry, NGOs, multi-lateral agencies and other organizations that work in Education and Development sector.
- School of Education
- School of Development
- School of Policy And Governance
- School of Liberal Studies
- School of Continuing Education And University Resource Centre
UNDER GRADUATE PROGRAMS
Three-year, full-time, residential Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) and Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degrees are offered in the following specializations:
- Physics or Biology
- Combined Humanities (History, Language & Literature and Philosophy)
Students also have the choice of selecting from several minors including Physics, Biology, Economics, Development Studies, Education Studies and Data Sciences. For example, a student may choose to take up Physics as a major and Data Science as a minor or Economics as a major and Biology as a minor. Students can also opt for an Honours degree through advanced research projects.
POST GRADUATE PROGRAMS
The Azim Premji University’s postgraduate degree programmes aim to develop competent and committed professionals for the education, development and related sectors in India. Postgraduate Programme currently covers three distinct themes – Education, Development, and Public Policy & Governance – for which Masters degrees are being offered. The sub-themes listed under each theme are indicative and not restrictive. Specializations offered under each degree programme are also listed below :
- Education – teachers, teacher educators, pedagogy, assessment, educational technology, educational leadership and management, inclusive education, curriculum studies, science and technology education
- Development – political economy; welfare economics; sociology, history and politics of India; population studies and labour studies; livelihood; legal studies and governance; health systems, rural and urban studies, habitats, ecosystems and communities; traditional communities and the pressures of industrialisation; ameliorative and other approaches to crises
- Public Policy and Governance – The Master of Arts in Public Policy and Governance (MPG) will prepare students to critically analyse public policy problems, programs and policies; identify and frame governance problems; provide purposive programmatic solutions, and undertake critical and impactful governance research.
- LL.M. in Law and Development – The LL.M. in Law and Development will be a research and field intensive post-graduate programme in law. The programme includes mandatory courses on Law and Development, Law and Justice, Comparative Public Law and Legal Research Methods.
Currently the University offers the Specializations in the following programmes:
|Master of Arts in Education||Curriculum and Pedagogy
Early Childhood Education
School Organization, Leadership and Management
|Master of Arts in Development||Health and Nutrition
Law and Governance
Under Graduate Programs : Class 12/Pre University certificate from any Recogniaed board or any valid Certificate equivalent to the class 12. Applicants who are appearing for their final examinations by Jne 2016 are eligible to apply.
Post Graduate Programs : Bachelor of degree from a recognised University in India or abroad.
Law Programs : Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognised University in India or abroad. Candidates with relevant work experience, of any age, are strongly encouraged to apply.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE :-
- UG programme : Admissions are open to 12th standard/pre-university certificate students from all disciplines. Students appearing for their final examinations who expect to write their examinations by June 2015 are eligible to apply. The admission process includes a written test and an interview. The program is residential so every student need to stay in hostel.
- PG programme : Admissions are open to graduates from all disciplines. Students from rural areas are given preference. Students have to clear a three-layered admission process including a written test, group discussion and interview.
FEES STRUCTURE :-
Fee structure for 2016-19 is as follows :
|CATEGORY OF FEE (IN RUPEES)||PER YEAR (2 SEMESTERS)|
|Accommodation charges||Rs. 86,000|
|Food charges||Estimated at Rs. 50,000*|
NOTE : Charges for food may undergo a revision on quarterly basis.
- This fee is applicable for the Undergraduate Programme at the University.
- There is no other fee or deposit charged for library, laboratory, IT facilities, examinations, books, etc.
- Accommodation charges include charges for transport between the University and the accommodation, internet connectivity, other facilities provided at the accommodation.
- Accommodation and food facilities are provided only during the semester and will not be available during the breaks and vacations.
- Students are covered under the student insurance scheme at no additional cost.
- Fee excludes out-of-pocket personal expenses students may incur.
Fee structure for 2016-18 is as follows:
|Category of fee (In rupees)||Per semester||Per year
|Accommodation and dining*||46,000||92, 000||1,84,000|
Fee structure for the LL.M. Programme for 2016-2017 is as follows:
|Category of fee (In rupees)||Per year|
|Accommodation and dining*||92, 000 approximately|
NOTE : Applicable only for students opting to stay at the student accommodation provided by the University.
FEE PAYMENT SCHEDULE
Semester I Fee: The tuition fee, accommodation fee and the food charges for the first semester have to be paid in line with the dates mentioned in the admissions offer letter.
Other Semesters: The Tuition fees, accommodation and food charges are to be paid within 15 days of the beginning of the Semester in July and January. Actual dates will be communicated by the beginning of the semester
Student Insurance : The University offers group insurance facility covering life, hospitalization and accident insurance. There is no additional charge for this.
Some of the additional expenses students are likely to incur are as follows:
|Fieldwork||Type of expense||University support|
|In all semesters||Weekly one day practicum: This will involve bus travel, lunch during visits to institutions within Bangalore||Students are expected to bear the expenses for the field work.
Only in very deserving cases of scholarship students, the University will consider funding for this.
|Semester I||Two-week field project which involves travel out of Bangalore, related stay and food expenses|
|Semester II and III||This will involve travel to locations outside Bangalore for a period ranging from 4 – 8 weeks and expenses relate to travel, food and accommodation|
|Others||Students may incur expenses on stationery and photocopy of reading material. In addition, students will have personal expenses and other out-of-pocket expenses.|
TIME TABLE :-
Time table for the Entrance Exam will be uploaded in the official website of University.
ADMIT CARD :-
Application for Early Admission is closed. Admit Card for Regular Admissions will be available 10 days prior to the Test.
INTERVIEW CALL LETTER :-
Interview call letter for Regular Admissions will be available 10 days prior to the Interview.
After the Written Examination the Result will be uploaded in the Official site. Candidates can Check their result by logging on to the Ajim Premji University Official Website. Applicants have to furnish all the details i.e Student Admit Card Number and Password correctly for checking the result.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION IN AZIM PREMJI UNIVERSITY :-
Applicant has to login through the link on the website and register online with e-mail ID, mobile number and date of birth. On successful registration, an email will be sent to the registered e-mail ID with login credentials to access the form and complete it online.
Applicants can download the application form and fee payment challan from the University website. The details on the form can be hand written and sent to Admissions Cell along with the fee paid challan and photographs. The completed application form should be mailed to:
Admissions Cell, Azim Premji University, PES Campus, Pixel Park, B Block, Electronics City, Hosur Road,
Bengaluru – 560100
An application fee of Rs. 200/- for Under Graduate Programs and Rs.250/- for Post Graduate Programs has to be remitted in favour of Azim Premji University Fees a/c. Applicant applying online can make payment via SBI Collect and applicant applying offline need to make payment by downloading the challan from University website. Account details are updated on the application form and the challan.
For more queries drop your comments in the comment box. Our team of experts will try their best to sought out your queries. Keep tuned to our site for more updates.