Baba Farid University of Health Sciences was established in July 1998 . It is named after Baba Farid, a 12th-century Punjabi sufi, and headquartered in Faridkot. The aim of the University is to create an intellectual, academic and physical environment, conducive to free flow of ideas and exchange of information between various faculties of the University and between this University and other Universities of Health Sciences in the country and abroad.They want to open a window to the world for the health professionals, health planners, health managers, biomedical and social scientists and educators in health sciences of the country. The vice-chancellor of the university is Mr.Prof.(Dr.) Raj Bahadur. The University is committed for providing Community based education & Training programmes for Health professionals for those kids who could not offered to study in expensive colleges. University has about 920 MBBS and 1,070 BDS seats across Punjab.
COURSES OFFERED BY THE UNIVERSITY
Department of Physiology:
- Bachelor of Science in Physiology
Department of Nursing:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing
Department of Medicine:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- MS in Ophthalmology
- MD in
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Internal medicine
- Master of Science in Anatomy
- Bachelor of Science in Anatomy
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Department of Homeopathy:
- Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery
Department of Biochemistry:
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
- Master of Science in Biochemistry
Department of Ayurveda & Alternate Medical Education & Research:
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medical Science (Ayurved Acharya)
Other courses offered through affiliated colleges:
- Diploma in Medicine Courses in:
- PG Diploma in
Gynecology & Obstetrics
- MBBS in the following streams:
- Community Medicine
- STD & Dermatology
- Gynecology & Obstetrics
- M. Ch. Course in plastic surgery
- Master of Dental Surgery
FACULTY OF THE UNIVERSITY
FOR MEDICAL SCIENCE:
- Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
- Dayanand Medical College, Ludhiana
- Gian Sagar Medical College, Banur
- Government Medical College, Patiala
- Government Medical College, Amritsar
- Guru Gobind Singh Medical College, Faridkot
- Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Health Sciences and Research, Amritsar
- Adesh medical college, Bhatinda
- Punjab Institute of Medical Sciences, Jalandhar
- Chintpurni Medical College and Hospital, Pathankot
FOR DENTAL SCIENCE:
- Baba Jaswant Singh Dental College, Ludhiana
- Desh Bhagat Dental College, Muktsar
- Christian Dental College, Ludhiana
- Dasmesh Institute of Dental Sciences, Faridkot
- Genesis Institute of Dental Sciences, Ferozepur
- Government Dental College, Patiala
- Government Dental College, Amritsar
- Adesh institute of Dental science & Research Institute, Bathinda
- Guru Ram Das Institute of Dental Sciences and Research, Amritsar
- Luxmi Bai Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital, Patiala
- National Dental College, Patiala
- Gain sagar Dental college, Banur
- Saheed Kartar Singh Sarabha Dental College,VPO.Sarabha, Ludhiana
FOR NURSING SCIENCE:
- S.G.L. Nursing College, Semi, Jalandhar
- College of Nursing,Christian Medical College,Brown Road,Ludhiana.
- Guru Nanak College of Nursing,VPO : Dhahan Kaleran,Distt : Nawanshahr.
- College of Nursing,Adesh Institute of Medical Sciences,Kotkapura Road,Muktsar.
- College of Nursing,Adesh Institute of Medical Sciences,Barnala Road,Bathinda.
- SV Memorial College of Nursing, 1-A, Basant Nagar, Mata Kaulan Marg,Amritsar.
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Nursing Education, Gulab Devi Hospital,Jalandhar.
- College of Nursing, Dayanand Medical College, Civil Lines, Ludhiana.
- Mahatma Hans Raj DAV Institute of Nursing & Hospital,Mahatma Hans Raj Marg,G.T. Road,Jalandhar.
- College of Nursing,Govt. Medical College,Majitha Road,Amritsar.
- College of Nursing,Govt. Rajindra Hospital,Patiala.
- Dr. Shyam Lal Thapar College of Nursing,G.T. Road,Moga.
- Silver Oaks College of Nursing, Phase IX,Sector – 63,SAS Nagar(Mohali).
- Shri Guru Ram Das College of Nursing,Dagana Road,Hoshiarpur.
- Adarsh College of Nursing,Patiala.
- Guru Ram Dass College of Nursing,Dagana Road,Hoshiarpur.
- Army College of Nursing, C/o Military Hospital,Jalandhar Cantt.
- Guru Hargobind College of Nursing, Opp. Reliance Petrol Pump,Raekot,Distt: Ludhiana.
- Banda Bahadar College of Nursing, Faridkot.
- Shiv Shakti College of Nursing, Bhikhi, Mansa.
- Sri Sukhmani College of Nursing, Dera Bassi.
- Shaheed Kartar Singh Sarabha College of Nursing, Sarabha, Ludhiana.
- Sant Baba Bhag Singh College of Nursing, Khiala, Jalandhar.
- Khalsa College of Nursing, Amritsar.
- Bharat Institute of Nursing, Mudh.
- APS College of Nursing, Malsian, Jalandhar.
- Gian Sagar College of Nursing, Banur, Patiala.
- Malwa College of Nursing, Kotkapura Faridkot.
- Adesh College of Physiotherapy,Muktsar,Punjab
- All Saints Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Ludhiana
- Gian Sagar College of Physiotherapy,Banur.
FEES STRUCTURE OF THE COLLEGE
REGISTRATION FEES FOR UNDER GRADUATE STUDENT
|1||GOVT COLLEGE||RS 2000/-||RS 2000/-||RS 2000/-||RS 2000/-|
|2||PRIVATE COLLEGE(GOVT QUOTA)||RS 6000/-||RS 5000/-||RS 3000/-||RS 3000/-|
|3||PRIVATE COLLEGE(MGT.QUOTA)||RS 10000/-||RS 7000/-||RS 4000/-||RS 4000/-|
|4||NRI QUOTA(ALL COLLEGES)||US $ 1200||US $700||US $ 350||US $ 350|
FEE FOR ISSUES OF DIFFERENT MIGRATION CERTIFICATE
|1||Fee for issue of Migration certificate on completion of
course (on routine)
|2||Fee for issue of Migration certificate on completion of
course (on urgent requirement within 24 hours)
|3||Fee for issue of “No Objection Certificate” (NOC) for
Migration of Student from one college to another
during in MBBS course
|4||Fee for issue of “No Objection Certificate (NOC) for
change of Internship from one college to another
|1||Fee for correction in the Registration Record/ Card||RS 200/-|
|2||Fee for issue of Duplicate Registration Certificate||RS 400/-|
|3||Fee for issue of Duplicate Migration Certificate on
completion of course (on routine)
|4||Fee for issue of Duplicate Migration Certificate on
completion of course (on urgent requirement within 24
FINE FOR LATE SUBMISSION FEES:
|SR.NO||PARTICULARS(Dates mentioned below are the next year
dates from the date of admission)
|1||Upto 31st January of the year of admission||NIL|
|2||Documents submitted from 1st February to 28th/29th
|3||Documents submitted from 1st March to 30th April||RS 1000/-|
ANNUAL FEES FROM THE STUDENTS
|COLLEGE||ANNUAL FEES PER COLLEGE|
ADMISSION PROCEDURE: Candidates have to pass the entrance exam to get a seat in the college. After that they have to qualify the group discussion,medical test and the final interview before getting finalised for the admission.
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: The official website of the university is http://bfuhs.ac.in/. Candidates can take a look at all the important information which is useful in applying for the course. Candidates can apply for any course which they are in favour of. They can check the results from here as well. Candidates can download previous years question paper as well from the website.
EXAMINATION PATTERN FOR ENTRANCE TEST FOR THE UNIVERSITY
The Test shall have one paper consisting of questions in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology). The duration of test will be three hours. There will be 200 Multiple Choice Questions (50 each of Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology). Each question will carry four marks, thus total marks will be 800. There will be no negative marking. The questions will be in English. The candidate will be required to find out the correct answer and mark it on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Response Sheet by darkening the corresponding oval against the serial number of the question with BLACK FINE TIP BALL PEN ONLY provided by the university at the time of test.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ENTRANCE TEST
(a) The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years education structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
(b) The intermediate examination in Science of an Indian University/Board or other recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.
(c) The Pre-professional/pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination or the pre-university or an equivalent examination. The pre-professional/premedical examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English as compulsory subject
(d) The first year of the three year degree course of a recognized university with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in these subjects provided the examination is a “University Examination” and candidate has passed 10+2 with English at a level not less than a core course.
(e) B.Sc examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. examination with not less than two of the following subjects-Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany, Zoology) and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with the following subjects- Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English.
(f) Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate Science examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in each of these subjects and English.
Candidates can check the latest results from the official website of the university. University will publish all there results after all the examinations conducted by the university is completed. They will publish all there roll no and marks followed by in which stream they are in.
Thanks for giving a visit on our website. Do book mark our page for getting latest information regarding recruitment. If candidates have any doubts regarding the topic. They can ask by commenting on the comment box below. All there doubts will be cleared by our team of experts. Do share our page on social media and other networks