The Biju Patnaik University of Technology ( BPUT ), Orissa, with its head-quarters in Rourkela came into being in November 2002 through an act of the Government. This is the state technical university of Odisha. Almost all the engineering, pharmacy, architecture and most of the colleges offering B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA, MCA, B.Pharm, M.Pharma and B.Arch degree programmes are either constituent or affiliated colleges of BPUT. Today, the University has 110 colleges with around 58,000 students. Biju Patnaik University of Technology has two campus, one is located at Bhubaneswar, another one is located at Chhend, Rourkela. The University has a post graduation institute of its own called as – Center for Advanced Post Graduate Studies. It is situated in southern part of its Chhend campus. It has 17 disciplines. The Vision of BPUT is to be a world class brand name for providing technical man power needed in industry and academia and To create wealth and prosperity in the society through application of technical knowledge.
OBJECTIVES OF BIJU PATNAIK UNIVERSITY :-
- Providing the affiliated and constituent institutions with state-of art curricula and syllabi.
- Preparing world class course material packages for students of the university.
- Establishing a rational, efficient and transparent system of examination, evaluation and publication of results.
- Providing quality input (both for developing domain knowledge and soft skill) to students through combination lecture, print and electronic media.
- Imparting training for the teachers.
- Providing career development of faculty through Master’s and Ph.D programmes.
- Offering facilities for research in frontier areas through a number of Advanced Centres.
OFFICIAL WEBSITE :-
The Official Site of Biju Patnaik University is www.bput.ac.in. Students can get all the details of the University by visiting this site.
COURSES OFFERED BY BIJU PATNAIK’s UNIVERSITY :-
Department of Architecture
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Ph. D in Architecture
- Master of Architecture (Computer Application)
Department of Fashion & Interior Designing
- Bachelor of Technology in Fashion Technology
Department of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Applications
- Master of Computer Applications
- Master of Technology in Embedded Systems
Department of Management
- Master of Business Administration
- MBA(Human Resource Management)
- MBA(System Management)
- MBA(Production Management)
- Ph. D (Management Studies)
Department of Science
- Master of Science
- Ph. D Computer Science
- Ph. D Computer Science & Applications
Department of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Master of Pharmacy
- Ph. D in Pharmacology
Department of Engineering
Bachelor of Technology
- B Tech in Biomedical Engineering
- B Tech in Biotechnology
- B Tech in Chemical Engineering
- B Tech in Computer science & Engineering
- B Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B Tech in Electrical Engineering
- B Tech in Environmental Engineering
- B Tech in Textile Technology
- B Tech in Mechanical Engineering
Master of Technology
- M Tech in VLSI Technology
- M Tech in Thermal Engineering
- M Tech in Structural Engineering
- M Tech in Production & Industrial Engineering
- M Tech in Power System Engineering
- M Tech in Polymer Science
- M Tech in Nano Technology
- M Tech in Information Technology
- M Tech in Industrial electronics
- M Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- M Tech in Computer Engineering
Other Courses offered through affiliated colleges
Bachelor of Technology and Bachelor of Engineering in
- Instrumentation and applied electronics engineering
- Electronics & telecommunication engineering
Bachelor of Architecture
- Building construction & management
- Interior design
Degree Course in Humanities & Basic Sciences
FOR B.TECH / B.PHARM / B.ARCH / MCA PROGRAMMES (Eligibility for Admission) :–
(i) Admissions to different courses of the University shall be based on criteria decided by the Academic Council of the University in accordance with the stipulations of AICTE / UGC, modified as necessary.
(ii) There shall be provision for direct admission for a limited number of NRI / FN students. Details of criteria for admission shall be as per provisions of the rules formulated for the purpose.
(iii) Physically handicapped Candidates shall be required to satisfy the prescribed medical fitness norms.
(iv) Admissions shall ordinarily close on a specified date before commencement of the first semester instruction, through a notification / academic calendar.
The Registrar of the University shall invite applications for registration to Ph.D. Programme twice a year in the months of January & July. A candidate desirous of pursuing a Ph.D. programme under B.P.U.T. shall apply in the prescribed form (Appendix-I), if he/she satisfies the following eligibility criteria :
Eligibility for Application –
Candidates belonging to one of the following categories shall be eligible for registration to the Ph.D programme of the University.
(a) Possessing M.Tech/M.Pham./ M.Arch. degree with a minimum of 6.5 CGPA out of 10 or 60% of marks in aggregate either in M.Tech./M.Pharm./M.Arch. or in B.Tech./B.Pharm./B.Arch.
(b) Possessing B.Tech./B.Pharm./B.Arch. degree with a minimum of 7.5 CGPA in a 10 point scale or 70% of marks in aggregate.
(c) Possessing M.Phil./MBA/MCA/any other post graduate degree with a minimum of 6.5 CGPA in a 10 point scale or 60% of marks in aggregate.
Scrutiny of Application forms –
The applications received by the Registrar shall be scrutinized by a committee consisting of the Deans of various faculties or by their nominated members.
Entrance test –
All eligible candidates shall have to qualify a common entrance test to be conducted by the Director (Examinations) of the University twice a year. Candidates who secure a minimum of 50% marks in the test shall only be eligible for appearing the interview. The Registrar shall notify list of the successful candidates in the University website.
FEES STRUCTURE :-
The University every year Revises its Fees Structure. The fees of the Available Courses will be mentioned in the Prospectus. The mode of fees payment will also be mentioned in the Prospectus. Students have to pay the fees accordingly before the due date.
Detailed syllabus of all the Courses granted by the university is being provided on the official website and is revised from time to time. Students can check the syllabus for the course they are applying by visiting the official site.
Syllabus of Entrance exam is taken from the following Subject:
Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering ,
Computer Science & Engineering,
Electrical & Electronics Engineering,
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering,
ADMISSION PROCEDURE :-
- Admission into B.Tech courses of the Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Rourkela ,Orissa shall be based on criteria decided by the academic council of the University. Provision for direct admission is limited for NRI students. the eligibility criteria is specified by AICTE.
- The student must have qualified in any one of the entrance examinations of OJEE or AIEEE. Admission for 75% of seats of B.Tech program is based on the merit list of OJEE conducted by Govt. of Odisha and 15% of the seats will be filled by AIEEE conducted on all India basis by CBSE , New Delhi , Govt of India , how ever the final distribution of seats , as per the decision of Govt. Of Orissa Policy Planning Body. Rest 10% seats will be filled up through both OJEE & AIEEE candidates.
DATE SHEET :-
The date sheet will be uploaded in the official site before the commencement of exam. Students can download the timetables by visiting the site.
After the Written Examination the Result will be uploaded in the Official site. Candidates can Check their result by logging on to the Biju Patnaik’s University’s Official Website. Applicants have to furnish all the details i.e Student Register Number and Password correctly for checking the result.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION IN BIJU PATNAIK UNIVERSITY :-
1. BPUT Admission Application Form can be downloaded from Biju Patnaik Univerity of Technology Website i.e. www.bput.ac.in .
2. Filled completed BPUT PhD Admission Application with a DD in favour of “Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Odisha“, on any nationalized bank payable at Rourkela towards processing fee sent by registered Post to the following Address :
The Director, Curriculam Development, BPUT,
BPUT Campus, Chhend,
Rourkela – 769004, Odisha, India.
For more queries drop your comments in the comment box. Our team of experts will try their best to sought out your queries. Keep tuned to our site for more updates.