The Catholic Syrian Bank Limited (CSB) is one of the oldest Indian private sector bank with its headquarters at Thrissur, Kerala, India.The genesis of Indian Banking is associated to a large extent with Swadeshi Movement, which inspired many Indians to promote Swadeshi Banks in the beginning of the 20th Century. The enterprising founders of Catholic Syrian Bank Ltd also found this period to be a moment of opportunity to promote the establishment of a bank. Thus was born The Catholic Syrian Bank Ltd, Nine decades ago, on 26th November 1920 to be exact at Thrissur,which in later years acquired the unique distinction of being a centre with the highest concentration of banks in the South. In recent years the bank has grown its network across major towns in India to leverage a growing market and business opportunities pan India. CSB has recently put in place an ambitious growth strategy to further leverage it’s expertise and presence in the southern region as well as to build on it’s growing base of commercial and SME business pan India. The growth strategy envisages an increased focus on retail banking products and services in Southern India as well as expanding its commercial banking products and services Pan India.
At present, the bank has a network of over 430 branches and more than 240 ATMs across India. The Bank also plans to open more number of branches in a phased manner.
The official website of Catholic Syrian Bank is www.csb.co.in . Candidates can apply for the latest recruitment which are coming up in the bank. Candidates can download the admit card from this site. They can even download the sample papers from the official website of the bank. They can also apply for the latest schemes and products which are offered by the bank to there customer’s. They can also apply for the loan from the official website.
WHY TO JOIN CATHOLIC SYRIAN BANK ?
CSB is one of the pioneers of the banking industry in India. With a very progressive work environment and an increasingly youthful employee demographic, joining CSB will give you space and opportunity to flourish. The Bank has a rigorous procedure for learning and development and maintains that the employees are developed holistically during their tenure at the Bank. The bank alongwith the good salary package provides all the employee benefits such as medical,pension and even the loan facility.
CATHOLIC SYRIAN BANK RECRUITMENT 2017-APPLY ONLINE
With its increasing branches across the country CSB is seeking to recruit bright young talented Job Aspirants to handle the work efficiently. It is a good opportunity for an exciting career in banking sector. Those candidates who wish to apply can grab these latest jobs in banking sector.
Below we are providing other details like Qualification, Selection, How to Apply etc
Probationary Clerk cum cashier
Qualification : Candidates who are applying for this post must be Graduates in science (55% Marks)& other subjects (50% Marks)
Age : The age of the applicants must be between the age of 18 to 26 years.
Probationary Officer (PO)
(1) Minimum 50% in 10th and 12th standard.
(2) Minimum 60% in Graduation (any discipline).
(3) There should be no gap in education (clearance in first attempt).
(4) Correspondence course is not allowed.
(5) Post Graduates can also apply.
Age : The age of the applicants must be between the age of 20 to 28 years of age.
Chief Manager/ Asst. General Manager
Qualification : MBA. Graduation in Engineering preferred
Age : 45 years
Experience : 08-10 years of experience in Banking & Financial Services
Senior Manager/ Chief Manager
Qualification : Degree in Engineering/ MCA or B.Sc. (Science stream)/ MBA (Marketing)/ MBA With Certification- AMFI, IRDAI, CMA/ M.Com/ ACA, Graduation with CAIIB.
Experience : 04-05 years of experience in Banking & Financial Services
Age : 35 years
IT Specialist Officer
Qualification : BE / B Tech (any stream) /ME /M.Tech / MCA/ M.Sc in Computer Science/ Information Technology from any recognised university
Age : 32 years
Qualification : Graduation with CAIIB/ CA/ CMA/MBA/ PGDM (Finance)/ M.Com/ ACA.
Experience : Min. 05 years of experience in banking
Age : 30 years
Trainee Officers (Marketing)
Qualification : 12th standard with 50 % marks/Graduation any discipline with 60 % marks
Age : 28 years
Assistant Manager (Probationary)
Qualification : Graduation in Science/Engineering with minimum 60% marks OR Graduation in Arts/Commerce/Others with minimum 55% marks
Age : maximum age is 28 years (5 year relaxation for SC/ST)
Junior Management Officers (JMO)
Qualification : Graduates in Science and Engineering with 60% marks , Graduates in Arts, Commerce and others with 55% marks
Age : 28 years
Specialist Officer : Based on the experience candidates will be appointed in Scale I/II/III/IV/V and the Salary/Other benefits/ other allowances will be as per IBA norms and Internal Policies
Trainee Officers (Marketing) : Rs.40,000/-
Assistant Manager (Probationary) : Starting salary Rs.29000/- per month. Additional perks such as reimbursement of rent, fuel and medical expenses, concessional loans will also be available.
Clerical Cadre : Rs.7200-19300
Junior Management officer (JMO) : Rs.3.00 lakh to Rs.4.00 lakh per annum during probation
Probationary Officer : Rs.40,000/- p.m
Specialist Officers : Selection process consists of Written Test and/ or Group Discussion followed by Techical and Personal Interview for IT Specialist Officers and Interview for other posts.
For Clerk and PO :
- Initial short listing of applications will be done by the Bank and shortlisted candidates will be informed through their registered E mail Id. The Bank reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates for the selection process after shortlisting.
- Common Written Exam (CWE) – Preliminary by IBPS
- Common Written Exam (CWE) – Main by IBPS
- Personal Interview
EXAM PATTERN :–
- Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation – school level maths, basic charts and tables
- Logical Reasoning – puzzles, analytical and critical reasoning
- English Language – school level grammar, English comprehension
- General Awareness – GK and current affairs
- Computer Awareness – computers, applications, internet
HOW TO PREPARE FOR BANK EXAM :
The candidates who are going to apply for the Nainital Bank vacancies have to follow the below mentioned tips to crack the exam –
1) English language – Out here, you have to focus specifically on four aspects: Vocabulary, grammar, English usage and reading. Reading comprehension and vocabulary are generally interlinked as synonyms and antonyms asked in the exam are from the passage itself.
2) Numerical ability/ quant aptitude – Within quant, the most important aspects are arithmetic and data interpretation. The questions based on simplification and numerical series also have significant weightage. Besides that, mensuration too accounts for a couple of questions.
3) Reasoning ability – Puzzle test, mathematical inequalities, syllogisms, seating arrangement, blood relations, coding-decoding and input-output are the key topics in this area.
However, logical reasoning questions such as: Statement-assumption, statement-argument, statement-course of action and statement-conclusion must not be neglected as well.
4) Computer knowledge – To comprehensively cover all the questions from this area you should study (a) keyboard shortcuts (b) software packages and usage (c) cyber security and security tools (d) abbreviations and acronyms (e) networking fundamentals (f) history of computers and programming languages (g) internet knowledge and protocols (h) basic computer terminology (i) computer hardware.
5) General and banking/ financial awareness – The syllabus of this area generally seems vague to most candidates. However, preparing yourself to handle questions based on the following topics will be of maximum benefit.
(a) New appointments and who is who (b) prizes and awards (c) international summits /conferences (d) government welfare schemes and initiatives (e) sports tournaments (f) science and technology projects (g) books and authors (h) international organisations
Banking/ financial awareness
(a) Fiscal and monetary policy announcements (b) macroeconomic indicators (c) Indian banking system (d) regulatory framework (e) banking and financial terms (f) financial market developments (g) banking operations
IMPORTANT BOOKS FOR BANK EXAMS
Here we are providing a list of some books which will be helpful for the candidates who are preparing to apply for Bank Jobs.
- Comprehensive Guide to IBPS-CWE Bank PO/MT Prelim + Main Exam by Disha Publications
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination Paperback by Abhijit Guha
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by RS Aggrawal
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Aggarwal
- Logical Reasoning by Nishit Sinha
- Objective English for Competitive Examination by Hari Mohan Prasad & Uma Rani Sinha
- MCQs ON Computer by Alik Kumar
- Banking Awareness by Arihant
- Book for full length tests : IBPS Bank PO/MT CWE Common Written Examination Practice Work Book : Kiran Prakashan
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates complying with required eligibility criteria may apply online for the recruited posts through the official site of bank i.e www.csb.co.in before the last date.
- Before applying you must read carefully all the information about eligibility criteria and other norms.
- Candidates must fill all asking detail correctly in online application. After completing online application candidates take print out of the online application and keep for future use only.
Keep regularly connected with our site. We will update all the recruitment notification and updates as soon as the bank will release it officially. Share your comments with us.