The Federal Bank was incorporated on 23 April 1931 as the Travancore Federal Bank Limited, Nedumpuram under the Travancore Companies Regulation Act,1916. In 1931, Travancore Federal Bank began operations at Pattamukkil Varattisseril house near Nedumpuram, near Thiruvalla, Kerala. The home functioned as the bank office for nearly 15 years. In 1949 December 2, the bank’s name was shortened from Travancore Federal Bank to Federal Bank.
At present, Federal Bank Limited is a major Indian commercial bank in the private sector headquartered at Aluva, Kerala having 1252 branches spread across 24 states and 1516 ATMs across the country. Federal Bank also has its branches outside India in other countries. In August 2013, Federal Bank introduced FedBook, the first electronic passbook launched by any bank in India. FedBook is a mobile app through which customers can view their passbook details.
The mission of Federal Bank is to be a “customer-centric” organisation setting standards for customer experience.
The official website of Federal Bank is www.federalbank.co.in. All the details of bank can be gained by visiting this site.
WHY FEDERAL BANK ?
Banking is nowadays has become the best career options for the youths. Federal Bank is a very fast emerging bank with a famous brand-name. Employees in the Bank will be able to perform well when they are truly engaged and feel one with the organisation. The bank works not just to engage the workforce but it also aim at bringing the family into the fold. There lies the concept of Federal Family. A truly engaged workforce is the soul of the organisation and they drive us forward with their enthusiasm, energy and relentless pursuit for excellence.
The Bank recognises its employees through a scheme of recognition programs each specifically designed to cater to the different job nature prevalent in the organisation. With recognition comes a scale of higher responsibility and challenges that would be beneficial to both the employee and the organisation. The Bank has a state of the art training facility, the Federal Knowledge and Development Centre. With an in house capacity of around 200 employees at a time, the centre boasts of amenities like conference halls, computer labs, quarters for residential learning, fully equipped library and many more that facilitates learning. The Bank has a rigorous procedure for learning and development and maintains that the employees are developed holistically during their tenure at the Bank.
FEDERAL BANK RECRUITMENT DETAILS – 2017/18
The Bank is constantly looking for talented and motivated new employees who can attribute to the success of the company. Every year various recruitments notifications is released by Federal Bank inviting online applications from the eligible contenders for various posts. In this article we are furnishing all the details of recruitments, age, qualification, selection procedure, pay scale, how to apply etc.
Junior Loan Officer
Qualification : Graduate in Commerce/ Finance / Accounting.
Experience : 2-5 years experience preferred.
Age : around 25 years
Qualification : Must possess comprehensive knowledge of Consumer Banking products (CASA, FD, Insurance, Investments) and also have an in – depth exposure to Banking Operational Processes.
Desired Qualification – MBA (with specialization in Finance /Marketing)
Age : Not more than 35 years of age
Experience : 6 – 9 yrs in the Banking industry.
Relationship Manager – Emerging Corporates
Minimum Qualification : Graduation in any stream from a recognized University.
Age : not more then 30 yrs of age
Experience : 3 – 5 yrs
Qualification : Graduation in any stream from a recognized University.
Experience : 0 – 5 years
Age : 25 years – 28 years
Qualification : Graduation in any stream from a recognized University.
Experience : 0 – 5 years
Age : 25 years – 28 years
Qualification : Graduation with minimum 55% marks for Science discipline and minimum 50% marks for other streams from any recognized university or other institutions established by an Act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of U G C Act, 1956.
Age : The age of the candidates should not exceed to 24 years.
- Graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% marks from any recognized university or other institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of U G C Act, 1956.
- Should have obtained minimum 60% marks in 10th , 12th or equivalent exam.
Age : Not below 18 years and not above 24 years.
IT Officer in Scale I
- Should have passed BE / B.Tech /M.Tech / MCA / M.Sc in Computer Science / Information Technology / Electronics & Communication with minimum 60% marks from a recognized university/ Institution.
- Candidates should have acquired the educational qualification through regular campus based study and not through private study/ correspondence/ distance learning program.
Age : Candidates shall not exceed 28 years of age.
Experience : Candidates should have minimum 2 years experience in Software development OR Candidates should have minimum 2 years experience in Network Administration.
Credit Officers in Scale I / II
Qualification : Graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% marks, from any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as an University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India or approved by AICTE.
- Minimum 3 year experience in Officer cadre in credit processing related assignments / credit roles in Credit Processing Offices / Large Branches / Head Offices / Regional Offices / Zonal Offices of any scheduled commercial banks.
- Candidates should also have adequate knowledge in Analysis & interpretation of financial statements, cash budget etc, Regulatory guidelines, compliance, industry trends, market developments & legal matters, FEMA, ECGC guidelines, Company law, various subsidy schemes, working capital cycle, operating cash flows, cash flow discounting techniques, good knowledge in accounting, various accounting standards, convergence of Indian standards with IFRS, etc to independently process / underwrite credit proposals.
Age : Candidates shall not exceed 32 years of age.
SALARY STRUCTURE IN FEDERAL BANK (ESTIMATED):-
Clerk : 7200–400/3 – 8400–500/3 – 9900–600/4 – 12300–700/7 – 17200-1300/1 – 18500-800/1 – 19300
PO : 23700 – 980/7 – 30560 – 1145/2 – 32850 – 1310/7 – 42020
Specialist Officer (Scale I ) – 23700 – 980/7 – 30560 – 1145/2 – 32850 – 1310/7 – 42020
Scale II – 31705 – 1145/1 – 32850 – 1310/10 – 45950
Note : DA, HRA, CCA will be paid as per rules of the Bank in force from time to time depending upon the place of posting. Medical Aid, Hospitalization Scheme, Leave Fare Concession, retirement benefits and other perquisites will be admissible as per Bank’s rules.
For Clerk and Probationary Officer (PO)
(I) Selection will be based on Aptitude Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview or any other mode of selection to be decided by the Bank. The process will be conducted in various centers depending upon the number of candidates. The Bank reserves the right to allot the candidate any of the centers other than the one opted for by him, to advance/ postpone / reschedule the interview dates and/ or to add or delete or modify/ change the centre and venues and/ or cancel the selection process on account of technical or administrative exigencies or any other reason.
(II) Only the short-listed candidates will be called for the second phase of selection process consisting of Group Discussion (GD) & Personal Interview (PI). The short-listing of the candidates will be made on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the Aptitude Test. The Bank reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates for GD & PI, after shortlisting as aforesaid.
Test pattern : The online aptitude test will consists of 5 sections as given below :
- Logic and Reasoning Skills
- English Language Skills
- Quantitative/Numerical ability
- General and Financial Awareness
- Computer Knowledge
Note : There will be negative marks at the rate of 0.25 for wrong answers. The qualifying criteria will be decided by the Bank as per its selection / recruitment policy. Online Aptitude Test will be followed by a Psychometric test for a maximum duration of 30 minutes.
For Specialist Officer
- Selection will be based on Online Aptitude Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview or any other mode of selection to be decided by the Bank. The process will be conducted in various centers depending upon the number of candidates.
- Candidates will be administered through an online aptitude test based on the post / work profile applied for. Only the short-listed candidates will be called for the final round of selection process. The short-listing of candidates for the final round of selection process will be made on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the Online Aptitude Test. The Bank reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates for the selection process after short-listing as aforesaid.
- The intimation for the purpose of selection process will be sent to the short-listed candidates only through e-mail at the e-mail address given by them in the on line application. Kindly note that no other mode of communication pertaining to the selection process other than mentioned above will be followed.
Online Aptitude Test pattern : The online aptitude test pattern for the recruitment process shall assess basically the ability of a candidate in Software Development or Network Administration in the case of candidates who had applied for IT Officer in Scale I, and their expertise in Credit Portfolio in case of candidates who applied for Credit Officer in Scale I / II, based on the post applied for by them, at the time of submission of online application & separate test patterns will be used for assessment. The test patterns may preferably include technical / subject based MCQs, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Technical Simulator / Code Snippets / Case-based questions in the case of IT Officer & subject based assessment for candidates applied for the post of Credit Officer.
TIPS TO PREPARE FOR EXAM
The candidates who are going to apply for the Federal Bank vacancies have to follow the below mentioned tips to crack the exam –
1) English language – Out here, you have to focus specifically on four aspects: Vocabulary, grammar, English usage and reading. Reading comprehension and vocabulary are generally interlinked as synonyms and antonyms asked in the exam are from the passage itself.
2) Numerical ability/ quant aptitude – Within quant, the most important aspects are arithmetic and data interpretation. The questions based on simplification and numerical series also have significant weightage. Besides that, mensuration too accounts for a couple of questions.
3) Reasoning ability – Puzzle test, mathematical inequalities, syllogisms, seating arrangement, blood relations, coding-decoding and input-output are the key topics in this area.
However, logical reasoning questions such as: Statement-assumption, statement-argument, statement-course of action and statement-conclusion must not be neglected as well.
4) Computer knowledge – To comprehensively cover all the questions from this area you should study (a) keyboard shortcuts (b) software packages and usage (c) cyber security and security tools (d) abbreviations and acronyms (e) networking fundamentals (f) history of computers and programming languages (g) internet knowledge and protocols (h) basic computer terminology (i) computer hardware.
5) General and banking/ financial awareness – The syllabus of this area generally seems vague to most candidates. However, preparing yourself to handle questions based on the following topics will be of maximum benefit.
(a) New appointments and who is who (b) prizes and awards (c) international summits /conferences (d) government welfare schemes and initiatives (e) sports tournaments (f) science and technology projects (g) books and authors (h) international organisations
Banking/ financial awareness
(a) Fiscal and monetary policy announcements (b) macroeconomic indicators (c) Indian banking system (d) regulatory framework (e) banking and financial terms (f) financial market developments (g) banking operations
IMPORTANT BOOKS FOR BANK EXAMS
Here we are providing a list of some books which will be helpful for the candidates who are preparing to apply for Federal Bank Jobs.
- Comprehensive Guide to IBPS-CWE Bank PO/MT Prelim + Main Exam by Disha Publications
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination Paperback by Abhijit Guha
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by RS Aggrawal
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Aggarwal
- Logical Reasoning by Nishit Sinha
- Objective English for Competitive Examination by Hari Mohan Prasad & Uma Rani Sinha
- MCQs ON Computer by Alik Kumar
- Banking Awareness by Arihant
- Book for full length tests : IBPS Bank PO/MT CWE Common Written Examination Practice Work Book : Kiran Prakashan
HOW TO APPLY
I) Search for Open Positions : Visit Federal Bank career site & choose from options – Function , Sub-Function & Location ,based on your skill set OR
if you would like to view all the available jobs,choose ‘All’ in all fields & click ‘Search’
II) Applying for Jobs : Once the search is complete, a list of jobs available in Federal bank`s branches across India along with the Location,Position & Job date is displayed. Click on the desired position to read the job responsibilities,eligibility etc., & click on ‘Apply Now’, if you are eligible for that position.
Candidates applying for the first time will have to register & submit their resume.The resume is stored in their database,so the next time you want to apply for openings in Federal bank – just login on their site & send your application online.
* If you DON`T find the job for your qualification,create an account by providing proper details & submit the resume. So,in future if you come across suitable opening,you can send your applications swiftly.
Note : Keep regularly connected with our site. We will update all the recruitment notification and updates as soon as the bank will release it officially. Share your comments with us.