The Goa Police is the law enforcement agency for the state of Goa in India. It was established in 1966 after the transfer of authority over Goa from the Indian military administration to the civil administration. It replaced the former Portuguese administration’s. Over the years Goa Police has undergone tremendous changes not just in their functioning but also in image build-up. It has constantly worked to be more and more people-friendly, one that the law-abiding citizen need not fear. To this end, on 15th August 1997 it even underwent a uniform change the staid and authoritarian khakhi giving way to more pleasant and elegant designed by the famed fashion designer, Wendell Rodricks. The Goa police has been formed with the following objectives : (1) Need to preserve social order led to the emergence of Police as an instrument of social control. (2) Police ina democraticpolity is an instrumentalityof the rule of law. (3) Demands on police for achieving quick results, while dealing with deviance and disorder, are common place. There are 27 Police stations in the State of Goa at the service of the people. Most of these Police Stations are headed by the Police Officers of the rank of the Police Inspectors who are assisted by other officers and men.8th June is a very significant date in the history of Goa, as it symbolises the transfer of authority from Military Administration to Civil Administration 43 years ago. Police is a very important arm of the Civil Administration, thus Goa Police celebrates this week as Goa Police Day and the entire week as Goa Police Week. During the week, utmost priority has been assigned to development of police community relationship and programmes like plantation of trees in close cooperation with the Forest Department, seminars & meetings for educating the public on road safety & crime prevention awareness etc are conducted.
Setting up of Goa Police Women and Child Protection Unit :–
Goa Police Women and Child Protection Unit have been created at Police Head Quarters, Panaji in order to provide special treatment to the Women and Children who are victims of Crime. This Goa Police Women and Child Protection Unit is functioning from Women Police Station where most of the staff is ladies and as such the Women and children can lodge a complaint with these lady officers.
OFFICIAL WEBSITE :–
The Official website of Goa Police is www.goapolice.gov.in . All the details of Goa Police can be obtained by visiting this site.
WHY GOA POLICE :–
Stenographer : Pay Band -1 Rs 5200 -20200 + Grade pay Rs 2400
1. Degree of a recognized University or equivalent and Diploma in required field from a recognized board.
2. Knowledge of Konkani.
- Maximum age : 40 years.
- Age relaxations are applicable for SC/ST/OBC as per the rules of goa government.
SELECTION PROCEDURE : –
1. The candidates who qualify in the documents verification for the post of Stenographer will be subjected to Practical Test with the speed of 100 words per minute in Short Hand and 35 words per minute in Typewriting. Those who qualify with speed of 100 words per minute in Shoft Hand and 35 words per minute in Typewriting shall be called for oral Interview which shall be of 15 marks.
2. The candidates who qualify in the documents verification Division Clerk will be subjected to written Examination of 100 marks. The minimum passing marks in the written Examination shall be 40%. The Written Examination will not be considered for selection since written examination will be conducted only to shortlist the candidates. The selection of the candidates of Lower Division Clerk who pass in the Written Examination will be on the basis of an assessment of the comparative merit of the candidates by awarding marks out of a total 100 marks as per break-up (i) Academic Career – 75 marks (ii) Extra-Curricular Activities – 10 marks (iii) Viva-Voce – 15 marks.
3. The candidates for the post of Police Sub-Inspector (MT-Technical) who qualify in the documents verification will be subjected to Practical Test of 85 marks as under. The minimum passing marks in Practical Test shall be 40%. After passing the candidattes will be called for Oral Interview which shall be of 15 marks.
a. Knowledge of Automobile Engineering, knowledge in identifying Mechanical Defects/Diagnosis, knowledge of repairing of vehicles (Diesel/Petrol) and knowledge of maintenance of vehicles (Oral Exam).
b. Practical Test in identifying defects and rectification of vehicle defects.
c. Knowledge of Workshop Management (Oral Exam).
4. The candidates for the posts of Searcher who qualify in the documents verification will be subjected to Written Examination of 85 marks as under. The minimum passing marks in Written Examination shall be 40%. After passing the candidates will be called for Oral Interview which shall be of 15 marks.
a. General Knowledge
b. General English
d. Logical Reasoning
5. For the post of Sub inspector, Assistant sub-inspector and constable posts also candidates have to undergo document verification, written examination, and finally those who qualifies the written exam will be called for the interview.
HOW TO APPLY FOR GOA POLICE JOBS :–
The candidates possessing the above mentioned qualifications and possessing 15 years Residence Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, Government of Goa, may submit their Applications to the Superintendent of Police, Police Headquarters, Panaji in the prescribed Application Form. The prescribed Application Forms are available at Goa Police Welfare Cell, Administrative Block, GRP Camp, Altinho, Panaji. The Application Forms completed in all respects should reach the Office of the Superintendent of Police, Police Headquarters, Panaji on or before the last date whichever is mentioned in the notification. Incomplete Application Forms, Application Forms received after due date and Applications not in prescribed Form will be summarily rejected and no intimation will be sent to the applicants in this regard. The candidates should minutely go through all the provisions in the advertisement to ensure that he is eligible for the post in terms of requirement of age, educational qualification, technical qualification etc. and only eligible candidates may apply in the prescribed Application Form.
The candidates working in Government Departments/Offices should apply through proper channel in prescribed Application Form only. These Application Forms should also reach the Office of the Superintendent of Police, Police Headquarters, Panaji on or before the last date.
IMPORTANT NOTE : –
No certificates/documents are required to be attached with Application Form by the candidate. During the selection process, verification of original certificates/documents will be done. The candidates will have to produce requisite original and valid certificates/documents such as Birth Certificate, Educational Qualifications, Technical Qualification, Experience, Valid Residence Certificate, Valid Caste Certificate, Valid Employment Registration Card etc. before the Recruitment Boards. The original certificates/documents will be checked and only eligible candidates will be permitted to the next stage of recruitment process. The candidates who fail to produce the requisite original and valid certificates/documents will be eliminated from the recruitment process and in no case candidates will be allowed provisionally.