Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) is one of the leading Public Sector Bank. The Bank has recently revealed an Employment Notification and has invited Online Applications from the eligible Indian Citizens for the post of Specialist Officers on Full time basis. There are total 117 Posts of different disciplines and streams which has to be filled by the Bank. The minimum qualification required for the post of Specialist Officer is that the Candidates should possess Graduation in any stream full time regular course with aggregate 60% marks. The age limit differs according to the category which is mentioned below. Candidates selection will be based on written test/ Group Discussion & Personal interview. DA, Special Pay, HRA etc. and other allowances & perquisites shall be provided to the selected candidates as per Bank rules. Interested & eligible candidates can apply online from 29-04-2016 to 13-05-2016 through official website : www.obcindia.co.in. Complete details of Age limit, Qualification, Selection Process, Application fees etc are furnished in the page below. Kindly read the complete post before applying. We are also providing direct link to download the Official Notification at the end of the page for your convenience.
Details of ORIENTAL BANK OF COMMERCE OBC Specialist Officers Recruitment Notification 2016
Name of Bank : Oriental Bank of Commerce
Official site : www.obcindia.co.in
Name of Post : Specialist Officers
No.Of Posts : 117
Details of Posts :
1. Senior Manager (Risk Management) : 10 Posts
2. Manager (IT) : 10 Posts
3. Manager (Forex) : 05 Posts
4. Manager (Debt/ Equi : 02 Posts
5. Manager (Law) : 21 Posts
6. Manager (FA)- Chartered Accountant : 30 Posts
7. Manager (Security) : 22 Posts
8. Security Officer : 15 Posts
9. Fire Officer : 02 Posts
IMPORTANT DATES :-
Opening date for online registration – 29.04.2016
Closing Date for online registration
(including from far flung areas) – 13.05.2016
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA (as on 01.04.2016) :-
A candidate must be either (i) a citizen of India or (ii) a subject of Nepal or (iii) a subject of Bhutan or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
AGE LIMIT : Candidates minimum & maximum age is 25-35 years for Post 1, 23-35 years for Post 2 to 7, 21-35 years for Post 8 & 9 as on 01-04-2016. Upper age relaxation of 05 years for SC/ ST, 03 years for OBC & PWD/ EXSM & other candidates is applicable as per rules.
AGE RELAXATION : The relaxation in ae will be given to the following categories –
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe – 5years
- Other Backward Classes – 3 years
- Persons With Disability – 10 years
- Ex-servicemen (For selection through test & interview) – 5 years (For selection through interview) – 3 years
- Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1-1-80 to 31-12-89 – 5 years
- Persons affected by 1984 riots – 5 years
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION :
- Candidates should possess Graduation in any stream full time regular course with aggregate 60% marks & Post Graduation full time regular course in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Economics/ MBA in Finance/ Banking/ Risk Management/ PG Diploma in Finance/ Banking/ Risk Management)/ Engineering with aggregate 60% marks for Post 1.
- Engineering Degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Electronics & Telecommunications/ Electronics & Communication for Post 2.
- Graduation/ Post Graduation preferably with Commerce/ Mathematics/ Economics background for Post 3, 4 with relevant experience.
- For Post 5 Full time Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB) and enrolled as an advocate with Bar Council AND Post qualification experience of not less than 1 year in related field in a Bank/NBFC/Financial Institution.
- For Post 6 Passed Final Examination for Chartered Accountants AND Should have passed the respective CA exams in 1st attempt with or without experience.
- For Post 7 Bachelor’s Degree from any University recognized by Govt. of India or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by Central Government AND An Officer with 5 years Commissioned Service in Indian Army / Navy / Air Force.
- For Post 8 Bachelor’s Degree from any University recognized by Govt. of India or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by Central Government AND An Officer with 3 years Commissioned Service in Indian Army / Navy / Air Force.
- For Post 9 Bachelor’s Degree from any University recognized by Govt. of India or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by Central Government AND Sub-Officer Course from National Fire Service College, Nagpur with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and possessing knowledge of mandatory requirements of providing fire protection and prevention in high rise business buildings as per National Building Code and Bureau of Indian Standards AND Minimum 3 years experience as Sub-Officer in State / Central Government Fire Services or as Junior Commissioned Officer of Defence Services (Army/Navy/Air Force) qualified in Fire Prevention / Fire Fighting Course of six months duration or more from Defence Services Establishment(s).
- For posts other than Manager (IT) a candidate should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Computer Operations/Language or should have studied Computer/Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
- For more information refer notification.
SELECTION PROCESS :
The selection will be made on the basis of performance in the Group Discussion (GD) and / or Personal Interview. Merely satisfying the eligibility norms do not entitle a candidate to be called for GD/PI. The Bank reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates for the GD / PI after preliminary screening / short-listing with reference to candidate’s qualification, suitability and experience etc. The marks of Group Discussion / Personal Interview for these posts are as follows:
Group Discussion – 50 Marks
Personal Interview – 100 Marks
However, the Bank reserves the right to conduct an online written test, in case, the number of applications received from eligible candidates is reasonably high for screening/short listing the candidates for Group Discussion and/or Personal Interview. The details of the online written test, if any, shall be communicated to the candidates in advance. However, final selection will be made on the basis of performance in the Group Discussion (GD) and / or Personal Interview.
EXAM PATTERN : The date of the examination will be intimated accordingly and structure of the examination will be as follows:
The duration of exam will be 120 minutes
- Reasoning 40
- English Language 25
- General Awareness with special reference to banking industry 20
- Quantitative Aptitude 40
- Professional knowledge relevant to the post 75
- Total Marks 200
IDENTITY VERIFICATION :
The candidate should, while appearing for the Group Discussion/Personal Interview, produce for verification and submit photo copies, if required, of the original call letter, fee payment receipt, photo identity such as PAN Card/Passport/Driving License/Voter’s Card/Bank Passbook with photograph. If the identity of the candidate is doubtful, the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the Group Discussion / Personal Interview.
SALARY DETAILS :
|Post Name||Salary Information|
|Senior Manager (Risk Management)||Rs.42,020- 51,490/-|
|Manager (IT)||Rs.31,705- 45,950/-|
|Manager (FA – Chartered Accountant)|
|Security Officer||Rs.23,700- 42,020/-|
|Fire Officer||Rs.23,700- 42,020/-|
APPLICATION FEES :
- Applying candidates need to pay an application fees for Rs. 500/-. SC / ST candidates need to pay only intimation charges of Rs. 50/-.
- Application fee should be paid online through Debit Cards (RuPay / Visa/ MasterCard/ Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/Mobile Wallets.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ORIENTAL BANK OF COMMERCE RECRUITMENT 2016
- Firstly aspirants have to visit official website of Oriental Bank Of Commerce that is www.obcindia.co.in
- On home page you need to go to under “Recruitment” section.
- Select appropriate link of “Recruitment of Specialist Officers – 2016-17”.
- After hitting that link a PDF File will be open on your system screen.
- Read complete information and instructions carefully.
- Now hit on “Apply Online” tab and fill online application form for the post which you want to apply.
- Application form should be filling in correct manner.
- Upload scanned photograph and submit your application fees.
- After completion of application form press “Submit” tab.
- At last take out a print out of duly filled application form for future use.
Candidates are advised to go through the Notification in detail and if they fulfil all the eligibility standards then only apply for the vacancies of Specialist Officer. Be connected to our site regulary for more updates.