The Income Tax Department is a Central Government agency involved in collecting the tax from the people of India and in charge of monitoring income tax collection. It was established in the year of 1922 by British Empire before Independence of India. It is a responsibility of this department to administer direct taxation acts such as Wealth Tax Act, Gift Tax Act, Expenditure Tax Act, Interest Tax Act and Various Finance Acts passed by Indian Parliament. In Budget sessions, all these acts are passed by ministers. This organization totally functions under the control of Revenue Department, Ministry of Finance. Mrs. Anita Kapoor IRS is a Chairperson of this Government agency. This department is also responsible for enforcing the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements. The Income Tax department is in search of smart, skillful and dedicated contenders with excellent academic records for its firm so it has recently announced to fill 20750 vacancies for various posts like income tax officer, AO cadre, PS Cadre, executive assistant, inspector of income tax, Driver, LDC, Steno grade-2, TA, Notice server, group C etc. This is a very exciting news for the job seekers, they can grab this opportunity. In the upcoming month the Department is going to release the notification officially in its website for the above mentioned posts. Here in this post we will furnish all the details regarding the eligibility criteria, selection procedure and application process.
Income Tax 2016-2017 Recruitment/ Jobs Apply Online
Name of Department : Income Tax Department (Government of India)
Official Site : www.incometaxindia.gov.in
Number of Vacancies : 20750 vacancies
Job Category : Central government job
Job Location : Anywhere in India
Mode of Application : Online/ Offline
Name of Posts :
Apply Mode: Online/ Offline
Name of Posts :
- Inspector of Income Tax
- Income Tax Officer
- PS cadre
- AO Cadre
- Group “C”
- TA/ Steno Grade-II
- Notice Server/ LDC
- Executive Assistants
Educational Qualification :
- Bachelor degree with mathematics & statistics special subjects from any recognized university.
- Typing speed of 20WPM in English and 15 WPM in Hindi.
Age limit :
- Minimum age limit: 18 years
- Maximum age limit: 35 years
- Candidates belongs to scheduled caste & scheduled tribe category upper age is extended up to 5 years.
- For OBC candidates age limit is extended up to 3 years.
Selection Process :
The applications will be scrutinized and eligible candidates will be called for Interview-cum-Personality test. On the basis of their performance in Interview-cum-Personality test, eligible candidates will be shortlisted and such shortlisted candidates will be required to appear in the Ground / Proficiency Test (field trial) for final selection. In respect of appointment to the post of Tax Assistant, the candidates are also required to qualify in the Computer Skill Test for the purpose selection
Test Pattern :
All Questions in the income tax question paper will be objective in nature and will be set in English, and Hindi languages, except English language section.
Income Tax Syllabus is different from one post to other. Objective type questions will be asked from General intelligence, arithmetic ability and general English sections. The complete Income tax syllabus for IT officer, assistant and steno posts will be available within the notification.
Issue of Admit Cards :
The authority will publish income tax admit card before the 14 days of the exam date at www.incometaxindia.gov.in/Pages/default.aspx. All the candidates must visit the official website and enter their registration ID and date of birth details to download the income tax officer admit card.
Important Dates :
Application form availability date : update soon
Last date to apply online for Income tax recruitment : update soon
How to apply
- Applications must be submitted in the format given and addressed to the Additional Commissioner of income Tax, Headquarters, 1st Floor, Room Mo. 103, Aayakar Bhawan, Christian Basti, G.S. Road, Guwahati – 781005 by post/ by hand so as to reach the office of the undersigned. The envelope containing the application should also be superscripted as follows: “APPLICATION FOR THE POST(S) OF ………. ………………….. ………………… UNDER MERITORIOUS SPORTS PERSONS’ QUOTA”‘
- Attested copies of all documents in support of claim regarding the date of birth, educational qualifications, sports eligibility certificates, caste certificate, etc. should invariably accompany the application. Further, latest passport size colour photograph, duly attested by a Gazetted Officer, shall also be pasted on the application form in the space provided for the purpose.
- Application duly signed and completed in all respects shall reach the office of the undersigned on or before the last date(upto 6 p.m.).
- Applications received after the due date will not be entertained under any circumstances. Incomplete, unsigned applications or applications without the required annexure will be rejected summarily and no correspondence in the matter will be made with the applicant.
For any queries regarding the post you can write to us. Keep visiting our site regularly for more updates. We will upload the Notification here in our web page as soon it will be released officially.