The Department of Posts (DoP), trading as India Post, is a government-operated postal system in India. Generally referred to within India as “the post office”, it is the most widely distributed postal system in the world. The postal service is under the Department of Posts, which is part of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology of the Government of India.
For more than 150 years, the Department of Posts (DoP) has been the backbone of the country’s communication and has played a crucial role in the country’s socio-economic development. It touches the lives of Indian citizens in many ways: delivering mails, accepting deposits under Small Savings Schemes, providing life insurance cover under Postal Life Insurance (PLI) and Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) and providing retail services like bill collection, sale of forms, etc. The DoP also acts as an agent for Government of India in discharging other services for citizens such as Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) wage disbursement and old age pension payments. With 1, 55,015 Post Offices, the DoP has the most widely distributed postal network in the world.
At present, in India the Post Office Department is divided into 22 postal circles, each circle headed by a chief postmaster general. Whereas each circle is divided into regions, headed by a postmaster general and comprising field units known as divisions. It has more than 150,000 post offices, out of which 90% were in rural areas and 10% in urban areas. Right now, around 490,000 employees are working with this department to provide best services of Letter post, Parcel service, EMS, Delivery, Freight forwarding, Third-party logistics and Deposit account. The key person of this government agency is Mr. Kavery Benerjee, designated as Director General and Secretary.
The official website of India Post Office Department is www.indiapost.gov.in. We can get all the details of Post Office and services provided by it through this site. All the Recruitment Notices, Answer Keys, Result etc. can also be downloaded by visiting this site.
LATEST NEWS BY POSTAL DEPARTMENT
According to sources, like every year this time too, official authorities of Indian Postal Department are planning to acquire energetic, smart and skillful youngsters with proven academic records for latest 50000 Postal Jobs state wise. Department will soon going to invite online applications for the vacancies of Postman, Mail Guard, Multi Tasking Staff, Postal Assistant (PA), Sorting Assistant (SA), Postmaster Cadres, Stenographers, Inspector Posts, Higher Selection Grade – I/II, Lower Selection Grade Posts and many more. All these above mentioned jobs will be available in different states. Interested and Eligible candidates who wish to apply for this Central Govt Jobs 2017-18 must be 10th pass or 12th pass from a Recognized Board. Registration procedures is expected to get started in the month of February by both online and offline modes. Starting and ending date for submitting application will be specified in detailed notification that will be uploaded shortly in the employment newspaper and the official portal of organization.
India Post office recruitment 2017 – 2018 Details
As the Indian Postal Department has been widely distributed in the country the requirement of new employees often occurs in the department so the Indian Postal Service Department every year releases notification inviting applications from the eligible candidates for various posts. Likewise for the upcoming year 2017-18 the DoP has announced to release various notification for the posts of various designations such as MTS ( Multi Tasking Staff ), Mail Guard, Post Man, Post Officer, Postal Assistant, Director, Senior Hindi Translator, Indian Postal Service Group A, Group B, Group C, Group D, Lower Selection Grade Posts, Stenographers Grade D, PS & Private Secretary, Junior Hindi Translator, Sorting Assistant, Stenographers Grade II, Typist – Hindi and various posts. This is a great job opportunity for youths.
Here in this posts we will provide all the details of eligibility, selection process, pay scale, method to apply etc.
DETAILS OF POST OFFICE RECRUITMENT 2017
Name of Organization : Indian Postal Circle Department
Job Type : Central Government Jobs
Job Placement : India
Apply Mode: Online/Offline
Total Vacancies : Approx 50000
Name of Vacancies :-
- Mail Guard
- Multi Tasking Staff (MTS)
- Postal Assistant (PA)
- Sorting Assistant (SA)
- Postmaster Cadres
- Lower Selection Grade Posts
- Inspector Posts
- Stenographers Grade ‘D’
- Stenographers Grade-II
- Higher Selection Grade – I
- Higher Selection Grade – II
- Indian Postal Service Group ‘A’
- Postal Service Group ‘B’
- Senior PS and Private Secretary
- Junior Hindi Translator
- Senior Hindi Translator
- Senior Artist
- Hindi Typist
Postal Circles State-wise:-
- Andhra Pradesh Postal Circle (Released – Apply Online Now)
- Assam Postal Circle
- Bihar Postal Circle
- Chhattisgarh Postal Circle
- Delhi Postal Circle
- Gujarat Postal Circle (Released – Apply Online Now)
- Haryana Postal Circle
- Himachal Postal Circle
- Jammu & Kashmir Postal Circle
- Jharkhand Postal Circle (Released – Apply Online Now)
- Kerala Postal Circle
- Karnataka Postal Circle
- Madhya Pradesh Postal Circle (Released – Apply Online Now)
- Maharashtra Postal Circle
- Tamilnadu Postal Circle (Released – Apply Online Now)
- North-East Postal Circle
- Odisha Postal Circle
- Telangana Postal Circle (Released – Apply Online Now)
- Punjab Postal Circle
- Rajasthan Postal Circle (Released – Apply Online Now)
- Uttarakhand Postal Circle
- Uttar Pradesh Postal Circle (Released – Apply Online Now)
- West Bengal Postal Circle
- Starting date of making online application : to be update soon
- Last date of making online application : to be update soon
- Interested candidates must have cleared at least 10th/ Matriculation or 12th/HSC examination with English as a compulsory subject from a Govt approved state/ central educational board.
- Intrigued individuals if applying for the higher level job in Post Office also required to have completed Diploma/ Graduation/ Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent for relevant discipline from any recognized University/Institute.
- The candidates should have knowledge of local languages of the State.
- Candidates who have passed Vocational or job Oriented Course (JOC) are NOT eligible.
- Desirable qualification :- Typing Knowledge and Computer Knowledge.
- For Postal Assistants of Circle Office and Regional Offices Typing skill in Hindi at the speed of 25 words per minute or in English at the speed of 30 words per minute and Computer Knowledge are essential.
Between 18 to 25-27 years as on last date prescribed for receipt of application as shown in the advertisement and in the list containing vacancy position supplied with this prospectus. Upper age limit is relaxable for a) SC/ST by 5 years; b) OBC by 3 years; c) Physically handicapped by 10 years ; and d) Ex-Servicemen by the Length of Military Service plus three years.
APPLICATION FEE (Non-adjustable & Non-refundable) :
The Application fees can be deposited either by online or offline modes as per candidates convenience.
- Unreserved and OBC Quota : The candidates have to pay Rs 100 for the form and Rs 500 for the examination.
- Reserved Quota and Women Category Candidates: NO FEE
Recruitment in Indian Postal Services are carried out through written examination and interview. Officers post are recruited through the civil service examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) which requires a bachelor’s degree.
The selection process is as follows :
a) The total aggregate marks for selection will be 100; consisting of 40% weightage of percentage of marks secured in 10+2 or 12th Class, 50% weightage of marks secured in aptitude test and 10 marks for computer test (including typing skill on computer)
b) A merit list of the candidates will be prepared on the basis of marks in the aggregate secured by them in 10+2 or 12th Class Examination of recognized University or Board of School Education or Board of Secondary Education (excluding vocational streams). This merit list is on the basis of 40% of the percentage of marks secured by the candidate in 10+2 or 12th Class Examination. For example if a candidate has secured 70% of marks in 10+2 or 12th Class Examination, he would be awarded 40% of 70 i.e., 28 marks for the purpose of preparing merit list.
c) Out of this merit list, candidates equal to 10 times of vacancies (for each community separately as per the vacancies reserved for each community) will be called for to appear for the Aptitude test / written test. The candidates selected will be addressed to appear for the Aptitude Test.
d) The Aptitude Test will contain 50 objective type questions of 2 marks each and will include questions on English, Mathematics, General Knowledge and Reasoning and Analytical ability. The duration of the test will be 60 minutes. 50% of the marks secured in aptitude test will be given weightage for the final assessment.
e) The computer test consists of data entry knowledge and typing knowledge on computer. The test will consist of one passage in English or Hindi to be typed to test the typing knowledge (The Passage for type test will consist of 450 words in English or 375 words in Hindi to be typed at the minimum speed of 30 w.p.m) and data consisting of figures and letters to test the knowledge of data entry. The test shall be for 30 minutes – 15 minutes for each part i.e., Typing knowledge and data entry and each part shall be given 5 marks each. Marks shall be given at 0 or 5 based on whether the candidate achieves minimum standard or not. There will not be graded marks. The weightage for computer test will be 10 marks.
f) The marks secured in computer test will be added to the marks already secured in the components referred to a) and b) above and final merit list will be prepared. The final selection will be made on the basis of this final merit list.
g) Attendance in Aptitude Test and Computer Test (including typing skill) is mandatory for selection. Those who fail to appear for these tests will not be selected.
The salary structure in postal service, depends on the individual’s hierarchy. One can start their career in postal service as a trainer/ probationer officer. Then can move on to junior time scale, senior time scale, junior administrative grade, senior administrative grade, higher administrative grade, principal chief postmaster general, member postal service board and then secretary to government of India (ex-cadre post).
The Departmental officers and employees receive Basic Pay + Dearness Allowance as admissible from time to time + Non-Practising Allowance (wherever admissible) + Transport Allowance + House Rent Allowance (if admissible) + Special Allowance attached to the post (wherever applicable) + Special Disturbed Area Allowance (where admissible).
Note : For detailed salary structure of particular post, please wait for official notification.
HOW TO APPLY
- Login to the official website of the Postal Department.
- Now navigate to the “Career” section and click on that. In next page, press your pointer on the “Notification” link.
- First download the PDF file of official advertisement and then read carefully every mandatory points as mentioned.
- After going thoroughly, if you are satisfied with eligibility criteria then press on “Apply On-line” link.
- Enter asked correct details in the online application without making spelling mistakes.
- Attach scanned passport size colour photograph, signature and other necessary documents/certificates only in jpg format.
- At last, click on “Submit” tab after verifying filled information. Download submitted application form and then take printout for next usage.
After successfully filling, register number can get to registered mobile and email for further reference.
Keep visiting our site for more updates of jobs in various departments. You can also share your comments with us.