India Post Payments Bank Limited (IPPB) was established on 17th July 2014 with an investment of more than Rs. 800 Crore. IPPB has its Head Office in New Delhi. It is a wholly owned undertaking of the Department of Posts, Government of India (GOI). It is working under the control of Indian Postal Departments. It incorporated as a Public Limited Company under the DOP with 100% GOI equity. IPPB inaugrated its first branch in Ranchi and Raipur on 30th January, 2017 with the objective of being present in all corners of India by the end of the year. IPPB will offer demand deposits such as savings and current accounts upto a balance of Rs 1 Lac, digitally enabled payments and remittance services of all kinds between entities and individuals and also provide access to third party financial services such as insurance, mutual funds, pension, credit products, forex, and more, in partnership with insurance companies, mutual fund houses, pension providers, banks, international money transfer organisations, etc.
OFFICIAL SITE :
The official site of India Post Payments Bank Limited is www.indiapost.gov.in. All the details of the Organization and the services offered it can be gained by visiting this site. Candidates can check all the latest recruitment in the official website. They can apply online and can download there admit cards from the official website.
LATEST UPDATE FROM IPPB :
IPPB is looking for enthusiastic and committed banking and payments technology professionals with a passion for public service to join what will be the most accessible bank in the world and spearhead its financial inclusion goals. About 3500 personnel will be recruited across the country in the next few months. It will be a good job opportunity for the Job Aspirants to work with India’s largest banking network and make a real difference.
In this article we are furnishing all the eligibility details, exam pattern & syllabus details so that you can prepare yourself for the upcoming IPPB recruitment 2017.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
1. NATIONALITY/ CITIZENSHIP
A candidate must be either
i. a citizen of India or
ii. a subject of Nepal or
iii. a subject of Bhutan or
iv. a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
v. a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
2. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION & AGE
Assistant Manager (Territory) JMGS I – Graduate from University/ Institution/ Board recognized by the Government of India (or) approved by a Government Regulatory Body.
Age – 20 to 30 years. Maximum age indicated is for General category candidates. The SC, the ST, OBC, PWD and Ex-Servicemen applicants would be eligible for age relaxation as per the Government of India guidelines.
Senior Manager (Branch) – Graduate from recognized University/ Institution/ Board by the Government of India , Minimum 6 years experience is Compulsory, Experience should be in Managing a branch of a Public Sector Bank (or) Private Bank and at least be working in Scale II of a PSB or equivalent scale in a Private Bank or any similar level organization.
Manager (Area Sales) – Should be Graduate, Minimum 3 years experience in sales of financial products is Compulsory and at least be working in Scale I of a PSB or equivalent scale in a Private Bank or any similar level organization.
Manager (Area Operations) – Graduate from University/ Institution recognized by the Government of India. Minimum 3 years experience in a CBS environment on banking operations in a Public Sector Bank/ Private Bank/ Post Office Savings Bank is mandatory.
AGM (Customer Service) – Possess Graduate from Government approved University/ Institution. Minimum 12 years experience is Compulsory and Minimum 6 years experience in heading customer services. should at least be working in Scale IV of a PSB or equivalent scale in a Private Bank or any similar level organization.
Note – Check Notification for remaining Scale officers posts qualification details.
Age limit –
- Senior Manager (Branch): 26 years to 35 years.
- Manager (Area Sales): 23 years to 35 years.
- Manager (Area Operations): 23 years to 35 years.
- AGM (Customer Service): 32 to 50 years.
- The Age Relaxation of Five years for SC and ST, Three years for OBC, Ten years for Persons with Disability.
PAY SCALE :
- Scale JMGS-I : 23,700 – 42,020. Approximate Total Monthly CTC (65000). In addition to the above, the Officer would be entitled to a Performance Pay as per criteria defined by the IPPB from time to time. The Officers are also entitled to retirement and terminal benefits as per the policy defined by the IPPB.
- Scale MMGS-II: Rs. 31,705/- to Rs. 45,950/-.
- Scale MMGS-III: Rs. 42,020/- to Rs. 51,490/-.
- Scale SMGS-IV: Rs.50,030/- to Rs. 59,170/-.
- Scale SMGS-V: Rs. 59,170/- to Rs. 66,070/-.
- Scale TEGS-VI: Rs. 68,680/- to Rs. 76,520/-.
SELECTION PROCEDURE :
Selection will be based on the –
- Preliminary examination
- Main examination
Exam pattern for Preliminary Examination :-
|S.No.||Name of Test||No. of Q’s||Maximum Marks||Duration(Composite Time)|
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing cut-off marks to be decided by IPPB. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IPPB depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for the Online Main Examination.
Exam Pattern for Mains Examination :-
|S.No.||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Medium of Exam|
|1||Reasoning||50||50||English & Hindi|
|3||Computer Knowledge||20||20||English & Hindi|
|4||General Awareness (with special reference to banking)||40||40|
|5||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||English & Hindi|
|TOTAL||200||200||English & Hindi|
Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination) There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
Syllabus For examination :-
The India Post Payment Bank Exam Syllabus for the various stages will be as follows:
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze test
- Fill in the blanks
- Error Spotting
- Sentence Correction
- Para Jumbles
- Seating Arrangement
- Input Output
- Coding Decoding
- Alphanumeric Series
- Ranking/Direction/Alphabet test
- Data sufficiency
- Coded Inequalities
- Logical Reasoning
- Number Series
- Ratio & Proportion
- Percentage & Averages
- Profit & Loss
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Work & Time
- Time & Distance
- Sequence & Series
- Permutation, Combination & Probability
- Data Interpretation
- Fundamentals of Computer
- History of Computer
- MS Office – Word, Power point, Excel & Access
- Input Output devices
- Computer Shortcuts
- Banking & Financial Awareness
- Current Affairs
- Static GK (Few questions)
India Post Payment Bank Exam Preparation Tips :-
- The first step towards preparation is to understand completely the entire pattern of the examination.
- Once the pattern is clear, one should know completely the syllabus of the examination.
- Start preparing by choosing your strongest section so that you gain confidence.
- Once you’ve mastered a few topics, move on to the weaker areas of the syllabus.
- Keep practicing and don’t give up in the middle. Remember, the more you practice, the stronger you will get at certain topics.
- Balance out. Don’t give too much attention to one part of syllabus and ignore the other. Instead focus on all sections equally.
- Don’t go for selective study. It is not recommended at all.
- Inculcate a habit of making notes wherever required. They will help you immensely
- Once you are thorough with the preparation, enroll for mock tests and get yourself evaluated.
- Stay composed at all times. Losing your piece of mind is not recommended.
HOW TO APPLY :
- Open the official website www.indiapost.gov.in .
- Click on “Recruitments/ Careers” link given on a homepage.
- In a next page, open a download link titled as “India Post Payments Bank Jobs Advertisement 2017”.
- First of all, please read all the general instructions mentioned in a notification pdf file.
- Now, press on “IPPB Apply Online for Scale I, II and III posts” link after going through norms written in the notice.
- Fill up your basic information in the online prescribed application form without making any mistake.
- Upload your photograph and signature in jpg file format.
- Click on “Save and Next” button for final submission of registration form.
- The system will generate Registration Number and Password on your screen.
- Pay the fee by using any of these options like Credit Card, Debit Card, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Card, Mobile Wallet, etc.
- After depositing the fees, download your e-receipt from the website.
- Take more than one printouts of your application for use during the selection process.
Keep regularly connected with our site. We will update all the recruitment notification and updates as soon as the IPPB will release it officially. For any queries you can write us below. Our team experts will sought out your queries.