Army is considered as the best career option for the youths today. It is a career that offers immense facilities, a privileged lifestyle and of course, honour in serving the country. Every year 30-35 lakh individuals appear for recruitment in Army, which offers role of a leader, opportunities full of diverse challenges, a distinctive career to serve the nation, handsome salary, adventure, sports, altruism, sacrifice and no end to this.
The Indian Army functions under the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), formerly designated as Commander-in-Chief. COAS is assisted by Vice – Chief of the army staff and seven other Principal Staff Officers (PSO’s), namely, the two Deputy Chiefs of the Army Staff, Adjutant General, Quarter Master General, Master General of Ordnance, Military Secretary and Engineer- in- Chief. The Army is divided into six operational commands (Field armies) and one training command, each command under a General Officer Commanding in chief who has an equal status to the Vice-Chief of Army Staff (VCOAS), and working under the control of Army HQ in New Delhi. The major field formations are Corps, Division and Brigade which are commanded by a Lieutenant General, Major General and Brigadier respectively.
Regional Commands in Indian Army
The Indian Army is organised into five regional commands
- HQ Central Command, Lucknow ;
- HQ Eastern Command, Calcutta ;
- HQ Northern Command, Udhampur;
- HQ Western Command, Chandimandir; and
- HQ Southern Command, Pune.
In addition, there is a Army Training Command at Shimla for the purpose of laying down the training policies for the Army.
Benefits to join Indian Army
The unique career also offers the following facilities to all Junior Commissioned Officers and other ranks :
- Salary in five figures
- Free medical facilities for self and dependent.
- Leave upto 90 days in a year.
- Free railway warrants.
- Free Government married accommodation.
- Entitled Ration.
- Free Uniform/Clothing etc.
- CSD facilities.
- Lucrative Terminal benefits.
- Opportunities to learn and grow as a complete human being.
Indian Army Open Rally Bharti 2016 – 2017
Every Year Indian Army conducts an open rally for candidate’s selection in different posts in different zone. The Rally has been organized for the vacancy of Soldier GD, Soldier Technical, Soldier Nursing Assistant, Soldier Clerk / SKT, Soldier Tradesman categories.In the below page we are providing a pdf of Rally Schedule in different states. Interested and eligible candidate can read the pdf and apply according to the given instruction before the due date. Candidates can apply also online for the Indian Army open Rally Bharti from the official website of Indian Army at :- www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Eligibility For Indian Army :-
Soldier (General Duty)
Soldier (General Duty) are the backbone of the army and consist mainly of fighting troops apart from other trades. You could be enrolled into Arms or Services. The duties will be as under :-
- Arms. In Arms you could join the Infantry, Artillery, Armoured Corps, Engineers or Army Air Defence (AAD) as fighting troops, drivers, operators, gunners etc and many other General Duties.
- Services. In Services you could be enrolled into Army Service Corps (ASC), Ordnance, Army Medical Corps (AMC) on General Duties, operators, drivers etc.
Qualification – SSLC / Matric with 45% marks in aggregate and 33% in each subject. No percentage required for higher qualification i.e. 10+2 and above.
Age – 17 ½ – 21 Yrs.
The army has weapons, vehicles, equipment which are required to be operated and maintained. We require candidates with a science background and aptitude for electrical, mechanical and other technical fields.
Qualification – 10+2 / Intermediate Exam Pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English with 45% marks in aggregate and 40% in each subject.
Age – 17 ½ – 23 Yrs.
Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical (All Arms)
There is a requirement of clerical staff to maintain the inventory , carryout documentation of personnel, book keeping and other routine correspondence. Thus there is requirement of candidates conversant in English and Maths/Book Keeping.
Qualification – 10+2 / Intermediate Exam pass in any stream (Arts, Commerce, Science) with 50% marks in aggregate and minimum 40% in each subject.Should have studied and passed English and Maths / Accounts / Book Keeping in Class X or Class XII with 40% marks in each subject.
Age – 17 ½ – 23 Yrs.
Soldier Nursing Assistant (Army Medical Corps)
The Army has its own hospitals and polyclinics. All kinds of specialists are present in Army Hospitals. Each hospital and polyclinic requires Nursing Assistants to assist the doctors, look after the patients, work in the Operation Theaters, account for medicines in the medical stores and administer first aid.
Qualification – 10+2 / Intermediate exam pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with Min 50% marks in aggregate and min 40% in each subject.
In case the candidate has a BSc Degree with (Botany / Zoology / Bio-Science) and English, the stipulation of percentage in Class XII is waived off. However, the candidate should have studied all the four specified subjects in Class XII also.
Age – 17 ½ – 23 Yrs.
Soldier Nursing Assistant Veterinary (Remount Veterinary Corps)
The Army has certain units which have horses, mules and dogs. Thus Army requires candidates with Science background who will work in Veterinary Hospitals, look after the animals, work in the Operation Theaters, account for medicines in the medical stores and administer first aid when required.
Qualification – 10+2 / Intermediate exam pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with Min 50% marks in aggregate and minimum 40% in each subject.
Age – 17 ½ – 21 Yrs.
Soldier Tradesmen(All Arms)
Each unit and Headquarters (HQ) of the Army is self contained in maintaining itself in all respects. It is like a society which is fully self sustaining and not dependent on outside help. Each unit has a strength of 600-1000 personnel who live within a compound and get all support from within that compound/society. Thus each unit has its own langers, stores, living quarters and lines, offices, gardens, vehicles and equipment. There is thus a requirement of a lot of support staff to run various institutes and to maintain the unit area.
Qualification – 10th / ITI (except Syce. Mess Keeper and House Keeper-who may be 8th pass).
Age – 17 ½ – 23 Yrs.
Junior Commissioned Officer Catering (Army Service Corps)
The Army runs certain large training Institutes and Messes which require to feed large strength of personnel. Also there is a requirement that the food provided is wholesome with the correct nutritional intake. There is thus a requirement of candidates who are qualified/trained in catering services and who will be able to run our Messes.
Qualification – 10+2 or equivalent exam and Diploma / Certificate Course of a duration of one year or more in Cookery / Hotel Management and Catering Technical from a recognized University / Food Craft Institute. AICTE recognition is not mandatory.
Age – 21-27 Yrs.
General As part of the screening process, candidates will be tested in Physical Fitness Tests (PFT).Physical Fitness Tests (PFT) is mandatory and will be carried out for all categories during the screening process of recruitment to assess the candidate’s physical ability and courage.
Test The following tests will be concluded under Physical Fitness Tests (PFT) :
- 1.6 km run for Endurance.
- Pull Ups on Beam (Under Grip) for Strength.
- 9 feet Ditch for Courage.
- Zig-Zag Balance for Agility.
|Soldier General Duty & Tradesmen||Soldier Technical / Nursing Assistant||Clerk / Store Keeper Technical||(Cms)||(Kgs)|
|Western Himalayan Region||Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab Hills (Area South and West of the Inter State Border between Himachal Pradesh and Punjab and North and East ofRoad Mukerian, Hoshiarpur, Garh Shankar, Ropar and Chandigarh), Garhwal and Kumaon (Uttarakhand)||166||163||162||77||48|
|Eastern Himalayan Region||Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam and Hill Region of West Bengal (Gangtok, Darjeeling and Kalimpong Districts)||160||157||160||77||48|
|Western Plains Region||Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh,Delhi, Rajasthan and Western Uttar Pradesh (Meerut and Agra Division)||170||170||162||77||50|
|Eastern Plains Region||Eastern Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand and Orissa||169||169||162||77||50|
|Central Region||Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Dadar, Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu||168||167||162||*77||50|
|Southern Region||Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka,Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Goa and Puducherry||166||165||162||77||50|
- Dispensation in chest measurement of 01 cm has been granted for Soldier Technical category in the Central Region.
Special Physical Standards
Minimum physical standards as given below will apply to the followings:
|(b)||Gorkhas both Nepalese and Indian||160||77||48|
|(c)||Candidates from Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep Group of Islands including Minicoy.|
|(d)||Tribals of Recognized Tribal Areas||162||77||48|
|(e)||The Brigade of Guards||173||77||50|
|(g)||Corps of Military Police||173||77||50|
|*(h)||Clerk (Staff Duty) / Store Keeper Technical||162||77||50|
|(k)||Soldier Tradesmen||Minimum physical standards of the regions given above, minus 1 Cm chest and 2 Kg weight. Ht criteria would be at par with Soldier General Duty as relevant to the region.|
|(l)||JCO Catering (ASC) / Survey Automated Cartographer (Engineers) / Havildar Education||As applicable to Soldier General Duty for various regions.|
- A candidate should have robust physique and good mental health.
- Chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cms expansion.
- Should have normal hearing with each ear and good binocular vision in both eyes. He should be able to read 6/6 in distant vision chart with each eye. Colour vision should be CP – III (able to recognize white, red and green signal colours correctly as shown by Martin’s Lantern at 1.5 meters).
- Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth i.e. minimum 14 dental points.
- Should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele and varicocele or piles.
- Soldier General Duty for Infantry should have 6/6 eye sight.
How to apply
Interested and eligible candidates have to register themselves online from the official site www.joinindianarmynic.in. The online Indian Army Application form link will be available 2 months before the rally date. Candidates will get 45 days to register or to edit information for the army rally. Two weeks before the Bharti day, the online registration link will be closed and candidates won’t be able to change the information they provided.
Documents required for Online Application
- Matric Certificate – The following details will be filled strictly as per matric certificate
- Candidate Name.
- Father Name.
- Mother Name.
- Date of Birth.
- Matric Certificate number as issued by Education Board.
- Valid E mail address – Each candidate is required to have personal Email Id which will be his user Id. All messages will be sent to the Email Id regarding Short Listing, Call Ups, Joining Instruction, Results, etc.
- Mobile Number – Each Candidate will be required to have an individual mobile number. Sharing of mobile number between candidates will not be permitted. OTP key and other message will be sent to mobile number.
- Details about your State, District and Tehsil/ Block of Domicile (Only for JCO / OR Enrolment Application).
- Scanned passport size photo of size between 10 Kb to 20 Kb in jpg format. This photo will be uploaded on the application form.
- Scanned photo of signature of size between 5 Kb to 10 Kb in jpg format. This photo will be uploaded on the application form.
- Detailed mark sheet of Class X, and other higher education qualification, required to be filled in the application form as per the eligibility criteria of the category/ entry applied for.
Keep visiting our web page for more updates. For any queries you can write us below.