Indian Coast Guard has released a Recruitment Notification in the month of January. Applications were invited from Indian male candidates for recruitment to the post of Yantrik in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union. Applying candidates should possess three years Diploma in Electrical / Mechanical / Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent branch recognized by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) with 60% in aggregate. The age of applying candidates should not be less than 18 years and more than 22 years i.e. between 01 Aug 1994 to 31 Jul 1998. Upper age limit is relaxed up to 5 years for SC / ST and 3 years for OBC category candidates. The candidates have to apply online from the official website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in . The last date for submitting online application was 08/02/2016. Many well deserving candidates might have applied for these vacancies. So, for all those candidates we have brought the details of exam syllabus and exam pattern in this post. The written exam will be conducted in the month of April 2016.
Details of Indian Coast Guard Yantrik Syllabus Exam Pattern
Name of Organization : Indian Coast Guard
Official Website : www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
Name of Post : Yantrik in the Indian Coast Guard
Indian Coast Guard Exam 2016 :
Indian Coast Guard Exam is conducted into following stages:
- PSB Preliminary Selection Examination
- Final Selection
- PABT for Pilots
- Medical Examination
Exam Syllabus :
Preliminary Selection Stage
(a) MAT (Mental Ability Test)
This written examination consist two papers out of which paper-I is of objective type and paper-II is of descriptive types-
- Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence
- Paper II: General Studies, Essays and Comprehension
MAT (Mental Ability Test)
Syllabus for Paper I
Syllabus for Paper II
(b) PP & DT (Picture Perception and Discussion Test)
In this section an unclear presentation is shown to each candidate for about 30 seconds and the aspirants have to write a story on it. After that a Group discussion is conducted in which each candidate discuss about the story. On the basis of that the interviewers select the suitable candidates.
Final Selection Stage
Psychologist test, Group Testing and Interview (Personality test)
This section consists of the following sub sections/tests-
- Thematic Apperception Test (TAT):
In this attempt 12 slides are to be shown to the applicants for 30 seconds. After visualizing the images they have to write a story on those images that what they learnt from those slides.
- Word Association Test (WAT):
In this test a series of 60 words are shown to the candidates one by one for 15 seconds each. The candidate is required to write a sentence or phrase with the help of those words.
- Situation Reaction Test (SRT):
In This section 60 situations are given to the aspirants and they have to write their reactions depending on those situations.
- Self Description:
In this personality test section contenders have to describe themselves within the 15 Minutes like about their educational background, hobbies, positive and negative strengths, family etc.
Exam pattern :
The paper pattern of the test is takes place in two stages which are tailored below-
Preliminary Selection Stage
|a) MAT (Mental Ability Test)||b) PP & DT (Picture Perception and Discussion Test)|
Final Selection Stage
|a) Psychological Test||b) Group Testing & Interview|
|c) PABT (for GD Pilots only)||d) Medical Examination|
- Those who qualify written tests will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT), interview and initial Medical Examination. The testing procedure will take1-2 days.
- The Physical Fitness Test will be conducted for all those who pass the written tests. Qualifying PFT as per the standards given below is compulsory.
The PFT will consist as under :-
1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes
20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak)
10 Push ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk
– Candidates those who qualify the Physical Fitness Test will be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment centre.
– Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for medical examination in a ratio as may be decided by Coast Guard.
– The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies. The All India select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
– Prep Books for Coast Guard Yantrik Exam 2016 :-Your first prep books to study for this exam should be the ones you studied during your Diploma exams.
1. Coast Guard Yantrik Exam Guide RPH Editorial Board
2. Coast Guard Yantrik Exam Guide RPH Editorial Board (Hindi)
Note : Candidates can download the Indian Coast Guard Model question papers from the below provided link. Keep visiting our site regularly for more job updates. Share your thoughts with us. For any queries drop comments in the comment box provided at bottom.