JEECUP (Joint Entrance Examination Council Uttar Pradesh) is also known as UP Polytechnic examination. It is a state level examination. Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education UPBTE managed JEECUP under the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Uttar Pradesh. This examination is conducted for diploma courses. JEECUP entrance exam is organized for those candidates who want to get admission in various programmes of Engineering and Non-technical field that is offered by the different government and private polytechnic colleges situated at UP. The UPBTE is the main conducting authority for the declaration of the JEECUP Rank List 2016. The entrance exam of JEECUP will be conducted in the month of May 2016. The result will be released in the last week of May 2016 . After the announcement of the result, the rank list will be ready by the conducting body on the basis of the marks obtained by the students in 12th or equivalent class and JEECUP entrance exam 2016. Through the rank list, eligible candidates / students will get an opportunity to get admission in various diploma and polytechnic programmes. The JEECUP Rank List 2016 will be declared in the official portal of the JEECUP. Here in this article we will provide all the details regarding JEECUP Application form, exam date, paper pattern etc.
DETAILS OF JEECUP 2016 :-
Name of Council : JEECUP (Joint Entrance Examination Council Uttar Pradesh)
Official site : www.jeecup.org
Name Of The Examination : UP Polytechnic also known as JEECUP 2016
Mode Of Application : Online
Submission of Online Application Form : From 11.01.2016 – 16.02.2016
Last Date of Payment of Fee : 18/02/2016
DATE OF EXAMINATION :
- May 1, 2016 (Sunday) 08.00 – 11.00 AM : Group A (Engineering/Technology Diploma Courses)
- May 1, 2016 (Sunday) 02.30 – 05.30 AM : Group B to K7 (Other Courses)
Application form fee :
- General / OBC – Rs. 300/- per form
- SC / ST – Rs. 200/- per form
Mode of Examination : The Papers of UPJEE (POLYTECHNIC) will be conducted in Offline (Pen and Paper Based Examination) mode only.
Type of Examination :
- UPJEE (POLYTECHNIC) – 2016 shall have one paper for each group having 100 objective type questions.
- The test will be of 3 hrs duration.
- The test paper will be consisting questions of as per table 2.9.2 & 2.9.3, and all questions will have equal
- Each question is allotted 4 (four) marks for the correct response. ¼ (one fourth) marks i.e. one mark will be
deducted for indicating incorrect response of each question. No deduction from the total score will be made if no
response is indicated for a question. If candidate chooses more than one response, such answer will be treated as wrong and one mark will be deducted.
Choice of Medium of Question Papers : All Examination papers are printed in two columns, one in Hindi and
other in English Medium.
Examination centres for UPJEE (POLYTECHNIC) : Examination will be conducted in all districts of Uttar
Pradesh. However, in some exceptional circumstances, a different district in nearby area may be allotted.
Use of Calculator and Communication Aids : Use of electronic devices like mobile phone, calculator etc. is NOT PERMITTED in UPJEE (POLYTECHNIC) – 2016. Materials like log table, book, notebook, Docu pen etc. should NOT be brought into the examination hall.
Age : There is not any Lower or upper age bar.
Qualification : 10th or 12th Passed from a Recognized Board. For more details see below.
Examination Details :
|Name of Course||Course Code||Duration||Educational Qualification|
|A. Diploma in Engineering/ Technology||101 to 132,159 & 201 to 232||3 Years||10th Class withminimum 35 % Marks|
|B. Agriculture Engineering||157, 257||3 Years||10th Classwith minimum 35 % Marks|
|C.Fashion Designing & Garment Technology Home Science Textile Design Textile Design (Printing)||133, 233134, 234 135, 235 136, 236||3 Years||10th Class with minimum 35 % Marks|
|D. Officer Management & Secretarial Practice Library& Information Science||137, 237139, 239||2 Years||Intermediate (Hindi/ English SubjectsCompulsory in 10th/12th) Intermediate/ Equivalent Exam|
|E.Diploma in Pharmacy||139||2 Years||12th Class Science with minimum 50 % Marks|
|F.Post Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology||140, 240||1 Year||B.Sc Biology, Chemistry/ Bio Chemistry|
| G. Post Graduate Diploma
|141, 241||2 Years||Graduation|
|H.Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Technology||154||3 Years||12th Class with minimum 50 % Marks|
|I.Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (Avionics)||155156||3 Years||12th Class Physics,Chemistry & Mathematics with minimum 50 % Marks|
|J. Post Graduate Diploma Information Technology||156, 256||1 Year||Diploma in any branch of Engineering|
|K. Lateral Entry in Two Year Diploma||_||2 Years||12th Class Physics,Chemistry & Mathematics with minimum 50 % Marks Or 10th Pass with ITI|
Group wise eligibility and subject wise Question percentage is given below :
|Courses||Minimum Eligibility||Subject wise question percentage for Examination
|Engineering & Technology||10th passed with minimum 35%|| Maths, Physics & Chemistry – 50%
|Agriculture Engineering||10th & 12th Passed with minimum 35% & Agriculture subject in 12th||Maths, Physics,Chemistry & Agriculture – 50%|
|Fashion Design, Home Science, Textile design, Engineering||10th passed with minimum 35%||English & Hindi Comprehension – 20%, Reasoning & Intelligency – 50%, General Awareness – 30%|
|Modern Office Management &Secretarial Practice||12th passed/appeared||English & Hindi Comprehension – 30%, Reasoning & Intelligency – 35%, General Awareness – 25%, Numerical Ability – 10%
|Library & Information Science||12th passed/appeared|| English & Hindi Comprehension – 30%, Reasoning & Intelligency – 35%, General Awareness – 25%, Numerical Ability – 10%
|Diploma in Pharmacy||10 + 2 Examination(Academic Stream), in science with 50% marks for Unreserved/OBC, and 45% for SC/ST|| Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Maths – 50%
|Post Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology|| B.Sc. passed/appeared with Biology, Chemistry//Biochemistry
| Chemistry-50%, Zoology & Botany – 25%
|Post Graduate Diploma Courses||Graduate in any discipline||English Comprehension – 20%, Numerical Ability – 15%, Reasoning – 30%, General Intelligence – 20%, General Awareness – 15%
|Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Technology||12th passed/appeared with 50% marks for Unreserved/OBC, and 45% for SC/ST||Reasoning & Logical Discussion, Numerical Ability, Eng. & G.K – 25%,
|Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engg.||12th Passed/appeared (PCM)||Physics, Chemistry & Maths – 50%
|Post Diploma in InformationTechnology||Engg. diploma passed/appeared from BTEUP Affiliated Institute||English Comprehension – 20%, Numerical Ability – 15%, Reasoning – 30%, General Intelligence – 20%, General Awareness – 15%
|Civil Engg. (Environment & Pollution Control||Intermediate Science with Vocational/ Technical Sub.||Physics,Chemisty, Maths – 40%, Civil Engg. – 60%
|Electrical Engineering||Intermediate Science with
Vocational/ Technical Sub.
|Physics,Chemisty, Maths – 40%, Electronics Engg. – 60%
|Mechanical Enginnering||Intermediate Science with Vocational/Technical Sub.||Physics,Chemisty, Maths – 40%, Mechanical Engg. – 60%
|Information Technology||Intermediate Science with Vocational/Technical Sub.||Physics,Chemisty, Maths – 40%, Information Technology – 60%
|Printing Technology, Fashion Design & Garment Technology||Intermediate Science with Vocational/ Technical Sub.||Physics,Chemisty, Maths – 40%, Printing Technology – 60%, Fashion Design & Garment Technology – 60%
Fee for Admission: Courses and institute wise fee detail is given below.
|S.No.||Institute Type||Course Type||Tution Fee||Student Fund Fee||Hostel Fee||Total Fee|
|1.||Government||All||8000||3870||800 (if availed)|| 12670
|3.||Private||Diploma in Pharmacy/Hotel Management & all courses (3 Year Duration)
|1 or 2 year Duration||20000||–||Extra||20000|
ADMIT CARD FOR UPJEE (POLYTECHNIC) – 2016:
The Admit Card can be downloaded from UPJEE (POLYTECHNIC) website from 2nd week of April 2016 onwards. Please check the Admit Card carefully. In case of any discrepancy from the originally filled online application form
data, then communicate to UPJEE (POLYTECHNIC) Council immediately for necessary action.
- The result/score of UPJEE (POLYTECHNIC) – 2016 for all candidates will be declared by last week of May 2016. This score shall comprise the actual marks obtained in UPJEE (POLYTECHNIC) – 2016 along with the status of those who qualify for appearing in UPJEE (Poly) counseling – 2016.
- No score/rank card will be dispatched to the candidates. Candidates are advised to download their score/ rank
cards from JEECUP website (http://jeecup.org).
- The answer keys of examination will also be displayed on the website along with result.
RESERVATION OF SEATS:
I. Other Backward Classes (OBC) if they belong to Non Creamy Layer (NCL) -27%
II. Scheduled Castes (SC) -21%
III. Scheduled Tribes (ST) -2%
IV. Person with Disabilities (PwD) with 40% or more disability) – 3%
V. Freedom Fighter – 2%
VI. Ward of Military personnel – 5%.
VII. Girl Candidates of All Categories – 20%
HOW TO APPLY :-
- Log on to official site www.jeecup.org .
- In the Homepage Select “Apply Online Link’ for Desired Group.
- Select Application Form for desired Group/Course and click on Apply button to proceed.
- The candidates should supply all the required details while filling up the online form and submit the Application.
- On submission of details, a Confirmation Page with Application No. shall be generated. Candidates are required to take printout of Confirmation Page and keep it for reference.
- The Confirmation Page is not required to be sent to UPJEE (POLYTECHNIC) council. The application fee payment can be made : (a) by net banking/debit card/credit card (b) by depositing fee in cash in any SBI.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS :-
- Before filling up the application form the candidate should have a scanned image of his/her photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression (right hand’s thumb in case the candidate do not have left hand thumb or any finger if both thumbs are not there). These scanned images are to be uploaded during the submission of application form. The photograph should be coloured with name of the candidate and date of taking the photograph printed on it. It should be without cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed. Polaroid photos are not acceptable. Candidates with unclear photograph are liable to be rejected. Photograph should not be older than 3 months. Candidates may keep 10 identical photographs in reserve for use at the time of entrance examination, Seat Allocation Process and Admission.
- The candidates should select the cities of examination as per their choice of Group A or Group B toK7 or both
examination shift (Group A and Group B toK7) of UPJEE (POLYTECHNIC) – 2016. If the candidates are applying for both examination shift (Group A and Group B toK7) he/she must select the same cities for examination centre.
- Candidates are allowed to submit only one application form in each shift of examination. More than one application in same shift i.e. Multiple applications from a candidate will be rejected.
- The name of the candidate, his/her parents name and Date of birth in the application form must exactly be the
same as registered in Class 10th/ equivalent qualifying Examination.
- The fee may be paid either by netbanking/credit/debit card or through e-challan generated during the online
filling of the application form. In case of e-challan, the payment should be made in the any branch of State Bank
of India in cash. Application fee once paid will not be refunded (full or partial) under any circumstances.
- The candidates are advised to see the website and newspaper regularly to know the exact date when the correction(s)/modification(s) will be allowed online only. No change will be accepted through offline i.e. through fax/application including e-mail etc.
- The candidates must have their own personal and valid email id. They are also advised to have their own mobile number. The candidates are advised to retain the same mobile number and email-id in use which they
have furnished in the application form because the important information may be given to the candidates
through SMS or e-mail.
For more Queries see the Official Notification available at www.jeecup.org . Keep in touch with our site for more updates.