The Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded on 1 – October – 1938 under letters patent issued by the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir, Hari Singh. The bank commenced the banking business on 4 July 1939 and was considered the first of its nature and composition as a State owned bank in the country. The bank was established as a semi-State Bank with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. In year 1971, the bank had acquired the status of a scheduled bank and was declared as an “A” Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. J&K Bank functions as a universal bank in Jammu & Kashmir and as a specialised bank in the rest of the country. It is also the only private sector bank designated as RBI’s agent for banking business, and carries out the banking business of the Central Government, besides collecting central taxes for CBDT. It is the sponsoring bank of J&K Grameen Bank. The bank’s corporate headquarters is in Srinagar near TRC (Tourist Reception Centre). The bank has a network of 865 computerized bank branches and 1035 ATMs across the country as on 10 August 2016.
OFFICIAL SITE :
The Official site of Jammu & Kashmir Bank is www.jkbank.net . All the details of the Bank can be gained visiting this site.
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR PROBATIONARY OFFICERS (PO) IN JAMMU & KASHMIR BANK :
- The bank follow IBPS Criteria for the selection of Probationary Officer.
- IBPS PO Selection Process is done in three stages First is Preliminary Common Written Exam & Second is Mains and then Common Interview exam.
- IBPS Department simply generates Score Card by the Performance in these parts. By Score level of this card, candidates will be shortlisted in the participating organization.
Exam Pattern :-
IBPS Preliminary Exam –
|1||Reasoning Ability Paper||35||35||01 hour|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude Paper||35||35|
|3||English Language Paper||30||30|
2. Common Written Exam (CWE) –
- IBPS Common Written Exam (IBPS CWE) is an Objective type question paper which will be conducted Online.
- This exam contains 200 marks with a duration of 02 hours. There will be Negative marking also for every wrong Answer 0.25 marks.
- Each Student required to the get minimum score to qualify for the Second Stage for Interview. IBPS CWE Exam Consists five different Sections that are Reasoning, English, Quantitative Aptitude, General Knowledge and Computer Knowledge. See details below.
S.No. Name of Tests Maximum Marks Duration 1. Reasoning 50 (40 Mins) 140 Mins 2. English Language 40 (30 Mins) 3. Quantitative Aptitude 50 (40 Mins) 4. General Awareness 40 (20 Mins) 5. Computer Knowledge 20 (10 Mins) Total 200
IBPS Common Interview – Candidates who have been qualified IBPS PO MT CWE 2017 they will be called for Interview to be directed by the Participating Organizations and composed by the Nodal Bank in each one State/ UT with the assistance of IBPS. Meetings will be led at select focuses. The interview will be conducted at the selected Interview Centers. There are 100 marks for the interview and candidates need to score more than 40% to qualify the interview.
IBPS PO Syllabus: We advise candidates to study according to syllabus because there is no benefit of reading those things which are not coming in exam. So candidates should make a plan and study hard for IBPS PO Exam 2017. We have mentioned some important topics here in this post and expected number of questions asked in the examination.
|Reasoning Test TOPIC||Expected no of questions|
2. English Language:-
|English Language TOPIC||Expected no of questions|
|Fill in the blanks||0-5|
|Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||0-5|
3. Quantitative Aptitude:
|Quantitative Aptitude Test TOPICS||Expected no of questions|
|Profit & Loss||02|
|Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||1-2|
|Work & Time||02|
|Time & Distance||02|
|Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||1-2|
|Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||03|
|Sequence & Series||05|
|Permutation, Combination &Probability||05|
4. General Awareness:Current Affairs:This refersto the news and updates based items from any fields happen in the present days such as sports, awards, obituaries, Indian Defense, etc. candidates need to read newspaper daily.
Banking Awareness: Candidates must have all details and updates about the banking sector in the field of:
Indian Financial System: Overview of Financial Markets (Capital Market, Money Market, Forex Market, Credit Market), Financial Intermediaries involved (like underwriters,investment bankers, stock exchanges, depositories,registrars, custodians, mutual funds, Authorized dealers, portfolio managers, primary dealers, self-regulatory organizations, etc. Also read important committees and its recommendations.
History of Indian Banking Industry: Candidates need to know Types of Banks (Scheduled, Co-operatives), Pre Independence, Post-Independence, Nationalization, Structure of Indian Banking, categorization of Bank (Pvt, PSU, Foreign), SIDBI, EXIM, NHB, NABARD, IDBI its role etc. and concept of NBFC.
Regulatory Bodies like: RBI, (History/ Roles/ Functions) PFRDA, FSDC, SEBI, IRDA, FMC etc. its role functions and fact based details
Monetary & Credit Policies: It decides the basis of change and its relation with Inflation and other related issues & Inflation (Types) Re-Repo/Bank Rate/CRR/ SLR/ Repo etc.
Budget Basicsand Current Union Budget:This is the main topic for the IBPS exam, discussion of Budget, GDP, Government revenue model, Fiscal Deficit, Various kinds of taxes and spending etc. and discussion on Union Budget 2015-16. Candidates must read the Rail Budget and Economic Survey.
International Organizations/ Financial Institutions: The aspirants must know the World Bank, IMF, ADB, UN related agencies, recent development in them members heads etc.
Capital Market & Money Market: Concept, Types of Instruments they deal in like
- Call/Notice Money
- Certificate of Deposit
- Commercial Papers or Capital
- Treasury Bills
- Term Money,
Market Instruments like equity Shares, preference shares, or Debt segment like Debentures etc also talk about Stock Exchanges in India and world.
Government Schemes: Candidates must keep all the government schemes such as Bharat Nirman, Swabhiman,Swavlamban on the tip of the tongue. All schemes discussed in budget – the details like when was it introduced, important facts related to same, budgetary allocation etc.
Note: Abbreviations and Economic terminologies – Frequently discussed in newspaper
Other important concepts like: Base Rate, Negotiable Instruments, BASEL, Credit Rating Agencies, Micro Finance, Financial Inclusions, Teaser Rates, GAAR, Priority Sector Lending and all other important concepts.
5. Computer Knowledge
- Internet (Concept, History, working environment, Application)
- Security Tools, Virus, Hacker
- Communication (Basic Introduction)
- Networking (LAN, WAN, MAN)
- Logic Gates
- MS Windows & MS Office
- Database (introduction)
- Number System
- History of Computers
Candidates will have to pass each and every section to qualify for Stage-III Personal Interview round. After objective type test a descriptive type question paper will appear on screen. Descriptive type question paper will consist of questions related to English language. Candidates have to write paragraph in descriptive test.
IMPORTANT BOOKS FOR BANK EXAMS
Here we are providing a list of some books which will be helpful for the candidates who are preparing to apply for Bank Jobs.
- Comprehensive Guide to IBPS-CWE Bank PO/MT Prelim + Main Exam by Disha Publications
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination Paperback by Abhijit Guha
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by RS Aggrawal
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Aggarwal
- Logical Reasoning by Nishit Sinha
- Objective English for Competitive Examination by Hari Mohan Prasad & Uma Rani Sinha
- MCQs ON Computer by Alik Kumar
- Banking Awareness by Arihant
- Book for full length tests : IBPS Bank PO/MT CWE Common Written Examination Practice Work Book : Kiran Prakashan
Keep regularly connected with our site. We will update all the recruitment notification and updates as soon as the bank will release it officially. Share your comments with us.