The Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded on 1 October 1938 under letters patent issued by the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir, Hari Singh. The Maharaja invited eminent Kashmiri investors to become founding directors and shareholders of the bank, the most notable of which were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten Gee and the Bhaghat Family, all of whom acquired major shareholdings. The bank commenced business on 4 July 1939, and was considered the first of its nature and composition as a State owned bank in the country. The bank was established as a semi-State Bank with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. In 1971, the bank acquired the status of a scheduled bank and was declared as an “A” Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. J&K Bank functions as a universal bank in Jammu & Kashmir and as a specialised bank in the rest of the country. It is also the only private sector bank designated as RBI’s agent for banking business, and carries out the banking business of the Central Government, besides collecting central taxes for CBDT. J&K Bank operates on the principle of ‘socially empowering banking’ and seeks to deliver innovative financial solutions for household, small and medium enterprises. The mission of Bank is two-fold: To provide the people of J&K international quality financial service and solutions and to be a super-specialist bank in the rest of the country.
OFFICIAL SITE :–
The Official site of Jammu & Kashmir Bank is www.jkbank.net . All the details of the Bank can be gained visiting this site.
LATEST RECRUITMENT NEWS :–
Jammu & Kashmir Bank has came up with the announcement that soon a Recruitment Notification will be released by the Organization in its official site to recruit dedicated and efficient candidates for various posts in the Department/Bank. Freshers as well as experienced candidates can apply for these job openings through online mode only. Aspirants are required to fill online application form on or before the closing date by visiting the official site.
WHY JAMMU & KASHMIR BANK :–
Banking sector is one of the fastest growing business fields in India. They give you lots of opportunities to grow. Banking sector has a job for candidates from almost every field of education including finance, engineering, software, marketing, technology, etc. Banking sector has a job for various qualifications including graduate, post-graduate, 10th pass, 12th pass, diploma, etc. Job stability, safety Added benefits and good salary is another reason to opt for bank jobs. Banking sector is no more limited to traditional lending and depositing, but with the introduction of technology, the sector has become much more appealing and challenging. Banking jobs give you a chance to interact with people and to know the financial and economical status of your country. So. Job seekers should take the advantage of this opportunity and apply for the vacancies released.
Jammu and Kashmir Bank often releases vacancies of different designations. We have provided a list of some posts alongwith their eligibility.
Relationship Executive : Graduate Degree with 55% marks or Post Graduate with 50% marks from a recognized university or institute are eligible to apply for J&K Bank Recruitment 2015.
- The age should be between 18 to 30 years.
- The age is Relax able up to 5 years in respect of Schedule Caste (SC), Schedule Tribe (ST) and Ex-servicemen.
Manager (Logistics) : Graduation degree with Degree / Diploma or BE / B.Tech degree in Civil / Electrical Engg from a Recognized University.
Age : 35 years to 55 years
Faculty Member : Post Graduation degree from a Recognized University.
Age : 35 years to 62 years
Officer (Accounts & Administration) : Graduation / Post Graduation degree in Commerce from a Recognized University.
Age : 30 years
SALARY STRUCTURE :–
Salary varies according to the designation of Post.
- Manager (Logistics) : Rs.35,000
- Faculty Member : Rs.60,000
- Officer (Accounts & Administration) : Equivalent to Junior Management Scale -I of Public Sector Banks at the starting scale
SELECTION PROCESS :–
The candidates shall have to appear for Competitive Written test consisting of Multiple Choice Questions to be conducted at Srinagar, Jammu and Ladakh and the candidates qualifying written test/s will have to appear for Interview; details whereof will be communicated through print/electronic media.
- Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation – school level maths, basic charts and tables
- Logical Reasoning – puzzles, analytical and critical reasoning
- English Language – school level grammar, English comprehension
- General Awareness – GK and current affairs
- Computer Awareness – computers, applications, internet
HOW TO PREPARE :–
Candidates can take the help of exam pattern for their preparation. Nowadays many coaching centres are providing Bank Coachings. Candidates can join these Coaching centres for their preparation for bank exams. There are various books available in the Book store for Bank Preparation Exams. Candidates can also take the help of these books. We have mentioned the names of some books below :
Quantitative Aptitude Made Easy by Ramandeep Singh
A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Aggarwal
Logical Reasoning by Nishit Sinha
Objective English for Competitive Examination by Hari Mohan Prasad & Uma Rani Sinha
MCQs ON Computer by Alik Kumar
Banking Awareness by Arihant
WHO CAN APPLY :-
Candidates fulfilling all the eligibility criterias as mentioned in the notification can aply for the vacancies released by TMB.
HOW TO APPLY FOR JAMMU AND KASHMIR BANK RECRUITMENTS :–
For Relationship Executive :
1. Candidates are required to visit the Bank’s website www.jkbank.net > Careers > Recruitment page and click on the link “Recruitment Relationship Executive– RE 2015” and apply for the post.
2. Step 1: Candidates shall fill in bio‐data/other particulars and upload latest photograph ON‐LINE and shall obtain the 13 Digit Registration Number.
3. Step 2 : Subsequent to registration on the website and successful generation of Registration Number, the candidates shall print Registration Form alongwith Fee Remittance Pay in Slip.
4. Step 3: The candidate will remit the requisite fee( 500/‐ for General Category & 300/‐ for Schedule Caste (SC) and Schedule Tribe (ST) Category) in any of the business unit of JK Bank in Recruitment Account No. against the Registration Number/Fee Remittance Pay In Slip.
5. The candidates shall submit the print‐out of Online Registration Form, Fee Remittance Pay in Slip and Call Letter for Written Test on the date of Written Test.
For Manager (Logistics), Faculty Member and Officer (Accounts & Administration) :
Candidates should submit the application in the prescribed format available on the website. Aspirants must attach attested copies of required documents and self attested passport size photograph along with the application. Name of the post applied for should be mentioned on the envelope in which application and other documents are to be sent to the address mentioned in the notification. The Application has to be sent before the last date.
For any queries drop your comments in the drop box given below. Keep visiting our site for more job updates.