The Kerala Police is the strong police force of the state of Kerala in the Republic of India. It serve a population of over 31.8 million residing in five cities, 53 municipal towns, and 1452 villages spread over an area of 38,863 square kilometers with an average population density of 819 per square kilometer. The Kerala Police, like other state police forces in India, is headed by an officer of the rank of Director General of Police (DGP). Most of the senior officers of the force belong to the Indian Police Service (IPS). The IPS is a direct descendant of the Imperial Police of the colonial days. Officers for the IPS are selected through a nation-wide public examination and the annual intake is less than 100 in a nation of over a billion. IPS officers wear the same badges of rank as in the Indian Army. The DGP (and Additional DGPs) are equivalent in rank to a Lt. Gen. in the army, the Inspector General to a Maj. Gen., the Deputy Inspector General to a Brigadier, and so on.
LATEST RECRUITMENT NEWS FROM KERALA POLICE :-
DETAILS OF KERALA POLICE RECRUITMENT NOTIFICATION 2016
Note: Only Women candidates are eligible to apply
for this post. Differently abled candidates are not
eligible to apply for this post.
Scale of pay : Rs. 16980-31360/- (P R)
Educational Qualification : Graduation, Military Training, membership of NCC, sports etc. will be considered as additional
Note : In the case of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates, if sufficient number of fully qualified candidates are not available, applications of those who have passed Pre University/Pre-Degree or equivalent Examinations of recognised University shall be considered only to fill up the quota reserved for them under Category (Note : Rule 10 (a) ii of Part II of KS & SSR is applicable).
Height : 160 cm
For SC/ST Candidates : 155 cm
Eye Sight : The candidates must be certified to possess the visual standards specified below – (without glasses)
1. Distant Vision – 6/6 Snellen (left eye, right eye both)
2. Near Vision – 0.5 Snellen (left eye, right eye both)
1) Each eye must have a full field of vision.
2) Colour Blindness, Squint or any morbid conditions of the eyes or lids of either eye will be deemed to be a disqualification
3) Candidates must be free from apparent physical defects like Knock-knee, Flat Feet, Varicose veins, Bow legs, Deformed limbs, irregular and protruding teeth, defective speech and hearing.
Age Limit :
- Category No.5/2016 (Open Market) – 20-31 : Only candidates born between 02.01.1985 and 01.01.1996 (both dates
- Category No.6/2016 (Ministerial) – Should not have completed 36 (Thirty six) years of age as on 01.01.2016.
- Category No.7/2016 (Constabulary) – Should not have completed 36 (Thirty six) years of age as on 01.01.2016
Physical Efficiency Test :
Candidates should qualify any of the five events out of the eight specified events of the National Physical Efficiency ‘One star” Standard Test shown below.
Sl. No. Item Minimum Standards of Efficiency
1. 100 Metres Run 17 Seconds
2. High Jump 1.06 Metres
3. Long Jump 3.05 Metres
4. Putting the Shot (4 Kg) 4.88 Metres
5. 200 Metres Run 36 seconds
6. Throwing the Throw ball 14 Metres
7. Shuttle Race (25×4 Metres) 26 Seconds
8. Skipping (One minute) 80 times
ISSUE OF ADMIT CARDS/HALL TICKET :
If a written test/OMR Test is conducted as part of this selection, Admission Tickets of eligible candidates will be made available in the website of the Kerala Public Service Commission. Candidates are instructed to download their Admission Ticket as per the instructions in the website.
HOW TO APPLY FOR KERALA POLICE RECRUITMENT 2016
- Candidates must register as per ‘ONE TIME REGISTRATION’ on the Official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission ‘www.keralapsc.gov.in‘ for applying for the post.
- Candidates who have already registered shall apply by logging in to their profile using their User- ID and password.
- Candidates shall click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification link to apply for a post.
- No application fee is required.
- Candidates can view and have a print-out of the details in the profile by clicking the link Registration Card, if required.
- Applications submitted not in accordance with the conditions of the notification will be summarily rejected.
- Documents to prove Qualification, experience, community, age etc. have to be produced as and when called for.
Keep visiting our site regularly for more job updates. Share your thoughts with us. For any queries drop comments in the comment box provided at bottom.