City Union Bank earlier called as ‘The Kumbakonam Bank Limited’ was incorporated as a limited company on 31 October 1904. T.S.Raghavachariar was the First Agent of the Bank. In 1908, he was succeeded by Shri R. Santhanam Iyer who became the Secretary of the bank under the amended Articles of Association which created the office of a Secretary to be in charge of the Bank’s Management in the place of the Agent, which post he held till his death in 1926. He was succeeded by Shri. S. Mahalinga Iyer as Secretary who subsequently became the First full-time Managing Director of the bank in tune with the amendment of Articles in 1929. He held the position of Secretary from 1926 to 1929 and that of Managing Director from 1929 to 1963.
The bank in the beginning preferred the role of a regional bank and slowly but steadily built for itself a place in the Delta District Thanjavur. The first Branch of the Bank was opened at Mannargudi on 24th January 1930. Thereafter, branches were opened at Nagapattinam, Sannanallur, Ayyampet, Tirukattupalli, Tiruvarur, Manapparai, Mayuram and Porayar within a span of twenty five years. The Bank was included in the Second Schedule of Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934, on 22nd March 1945. City Union Bank has now a strong network of 525 computerized branches and 1292 ATMs which is spread throughout India.
The official site of City Union Bank is www.cityunionbank.com. You can acess all the details related to bank through this site. By logging on to the career section you can get all the updates of latest recruitments in different departments of bank.
City Union Bank recruitment 2017-18
City Union Bank is providing job opportunities to the eligible candidates. The bank is soon going to release an Employment Advertisement for the Recruitment of candidates in the Post of Probationary Officer (PO) and Clerk. In this post we will provide all the details such as qualification required, age limit, selection procedure, salary, mode of application etc. so that the interested candidates can prepare themselves for the upcoming recruitment.
Details of City Union Bank recruitment 2017-18
Name of Organisation : City Union Bank
Official Website : www.cityunionbank.com
Name of Posts : Bank Po and Clerk
Total Number of Post : Various Posts
Category : Recruitment
Location of the Job : Any where in India
Status : Available Soon
Salary Structure (Estimated) :
Given below is the salary structure of the city union bank according to the posts of the employees:
|Branch Manager, Banking||Rs 204,087 – 827,365||Rs 11,400 – 145,579|
|Bank Manager||Rs 297,398 – 1,083,048||Rs 21,799 – 194,308|
|Bank Officer||Rs 186,819 – 731,453||Rs 11,196 – 109,897|
|Assistant Manager||Rs. 19,667||–|
|Junior Officer||Rs. 24,158||–|
Except the City Union Bank Salaries there are other benefits also available for the employees working in bank like:
- Medical benefits (68%)
- Dental benefits (5%)
- Vision benefits (5%)
Bank Clerk Salary According to Regions:
|Salary||Metropolis (Region With More Than 45 Lakhs Population)||State Capitals (Region With Population Of 12 To 45 Lakhs)||Regions With Population Below 5 Lakhs To 12 Lakhs||Regions With Population Below 5 Lakhs|
|Basic Salary||Rs. 8,000||Rs. 8,000||Rs. 8,000||Rs. 8,000|
|Dearness Allowance||Rs. 4,320||Rs. 4,320||Rs. 4,320||Rs. 4,320|
|HRA||Rs. 800 (10% HRA)||Rs. 720 (9% HRA)||Rs. 600 (7.5% HRA)||Rs. 560 (7% HRA)|
|Transport Allowance||Rs. 225||Rs. 225||Rs. 225||Rs. 225|
|Total Salary||Rs. 13,345||Rs. 13,265||Rs. 13,145||Rs. 13,105|
A candidate must be either –
(i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently
settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Qualification : Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
Age : Not below 21 years and not above 30 years.
Qualification : Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University.
Age : Not below 21 years and not above 30 years.
Selection Process :
Being its a nationalized bank, CUB always follows the IBPS (Institute of Banking Personal Selection) exam marks.
Aptitude Test : The Aptitude test will be be of 2 hrs and will be administered online. The test will assess the proficiency of candidates in the areas of :
1. Logic and Reasoning Skills
2. English Language Skills
3. Quantitative/ Numerical ability
4. Personal Assessment
Group Discussion & Personal Interview:
Based on case studies, the group discussions are mainly conducted to judge applicants on their analytical thinking, approach to hypothetical building around business situations and the ability to break down complex problems to arrive at simple solutions. All applicants are expected to go through the interview round, which is the final step in the selection process.
- Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation – school level maths, basic charts and tables
- Logical Reasoning – puzzles, analytical and critical reasoning
- English Language – school level grammar, English comprehension
- General Awareness – GK and current affairs
- Computer Awareness – computers, applications, internet
Exam Pattern for PO,Clerk & Officers post :
|Sr. No.||Test Name||Max Ques.||Max Marks|
|Timings: 02 Hours|
|2||General Awareness Paper||40||40|
Note : Candidates have an option to give exam in the following languages that is Hindi and English. There is also negative marking of 0.25 marks as punishment on every incorrect answer means on each four incorrect answer a mark will be deducted from the sum of scoring marks.
How to Apply For City Union Bank Recruitment 2017-18
- Willing candidates for City Union Bank Careers may go through official portal of organization that is www.cityunionbank.com.
- Select ‘careers’ link from above side of home page.
- Read given details and download format of application form from bottom of page.
- Now write your application in given format like qualifications, exposure, work experience and achievements.
- Attach it with a recent passport size colour photograph.
- The envelope should be super scribing as “Application For The Post Of Probationary Officer/Clerk”.
- Send your application to the address stated below till the last date whichever is mentioned in the notification.
The Deputy General Manager,
HRMD, City Union Bank Ltd.,
24-B, Gandhi Nagar,
Kumbakonam– 612 001, Tamil Nadu
Bank Exam Preparation Material
Aspirants must have a glance at the bank preparation material specified below for subjects of Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge.
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K Pandey
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning by A.K Gupta
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal
- Analytical & Logical Reasoning by B.S Siwali
- Test of Reasoning by Jaikishan, Premkishan
- English Language Guide by S.C Gupta
- Objective English for Competitive Examination by
- Hari Mohan Prasad and Uma Rani Sinha
- English Grammar Digest by Ramandeep Singh
- Sentence Correction for SBI PO, Clerk and IBPS PO and Clerk by Ramandeep Singh
- Objective General English by RS Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S Aggarwal
- Quantitative aptitude and Reasoning by R.V Praveen
- 3rd Activity Book by Dreamland
- Business General Awareness by L.N Koli
- Banking and Financial Awareness by Kiran Prakashan
- Computer Networks by Andrew S. Tanenbaum
- Computer Architecture by David A. Patterson
- The art of Computer Programming by Donald E.Knuth
- Computer Fundamentals by Pradeep Sinha, Priti Sinha
- The Elements of Computer Systems by Noam Nisan, Shimon, Schocken
Hope the information provided above will be helpful for the candidates who are interested in the upcoming city union bank recruitment 2017. Keep visiting our page regularly for more updates. You can also share your comments with us