Hello Readers, Are you Interested in Merchant Navy? Are you looking for a career in Merchant Navt? Then you are on the right page. Here, in this page we will tell you everything about the Merchant Navy like eligibility and how to join Merchant Navy, Courses, and also the latest Job Openings in Merchant Navy 2017. Keep connected to this page.
The Merchant Navy is a non-combatant commercial fleet, which deals with transporting cargo and occasionally, passengers, by sea. Its fleet is therefore composed of passenger vessels, cargo liners, tankers, carriers, as well as other special types of vehicles. A career in this field is full of adventure and long voyages to exotic places. Above all this, the excellent pay and promising promotional opportunities make the career lucrative and exciting in spite of all the hard work life and long absence from family and home.
Merchant navy always provides job opportunities for the 10th and 12th pass youths. The Indian navy will soon release notification for various job opening in Merchant Navy on the official portal. The online application forms are being invited contenders to fill up various vacant positions in the organization. Eligible and interested applicants should apply for the post.
Below we are furnishing all the details of eligibility criteria’s such as age limit, educational qualification, selection criteria, apply process, pay scale, how to apply etc. These details will help the applicants for getting prepared for the job openings.
Eligibility Criteria :-
- The eligibility for joining merchant navy is finishing class 12 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidates have to be unmarried Indian citizens (male or female).
- Normal vision is required but glasses up to plus or minus 2.5 may be allowed.
- Admission is through an entrance followed by a screening test and a main written examination.
- After clearing the test, there is an interview and a medical test.
- You also need to complete a ship-training course prior to the employment. The course is generally short-term where the candidates are taught basic security concerns of voyaging.
How to Join Merchant Navy After 12th
After class 12, you are eligible to study the following merchant navy courses:
- B.Sc. Nautical Science
- B.E. Marine Engineering
- B.E. Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering
- B.E. Petroleum Engineering
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering
- B.E. Harbour & Ocean Engineering
- B.E. Civil Engineering
- B.E. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.Sc. Marine Catering
- Electro Technical Officer Course
How to Join Merchant Navy After 10th
Merchant navy courses that you can pursue after 10th include:
- Near Coastal Voyage (NCV)
- Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS)
- Commercial Diving
- G.P. Rating
Merchant navy job profiles :-
- Deck officer (navigation officer)
- Electro-technical officer (ETO)
- Ratings – ratings are skilled seafarers who help all the officers with daily tasks
- Catering & hospitality crew (pursers, stewards, chef, housekeeper etc.)
Remuneration in Merchant Navy :-
- The starting salary varies between Rs 50,000 to Rs 80,000 a month. A person gets a variety of benefits such as free food, accommodation, paid leave, two-way free passage and facilities for families. In other words, the salary can be saved totally while one is on ship.
- The perquisites include bonus, holiday travel and other annual benefits. Foreign companies pay higher, and a starting salary of $ 1,500 to $ 2,500 can be expected.
- Candidates can visit the official site of Indian navy that is www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
- On home page of official site select the appropriate link and read the notification carefully.
- Now on next page hit the suitable link to apply online.
- Fill the application form with all required details carefully and correctly in an appropriate manner.
- Attach all required documents/ testimonials along with application and submit it through proper channel.
For further detailed information regarding the Merchant Navy Recruitment 2017-18 aspirants have to visit the Official Link of the organization. Stay connected to our site on regular basis for more updates and latest recruitments in various Private and Government Sector. You can also share your comments with us.