Life Insurance Corporation (India) (LIC) is an Indian state-owned insurance group and investment company headquartered in Mumbai. It is the largest insurance company in India with an estimated asset value of Rs 1560482 crore (US$230 billion). As of 2013 it had total life fund of Rs.1433103.14 crore with total value of policies sold of 367.82 lakh that year. The Life Insurance Corporation of India was founded in 1956 when the Parliament of India passed the Life Insurance of India Act that nationalised the private insurance industry in India. Over 245 insurance companies and provident societies were merged to create the state owned Life Insurance Corporation. The LIC has 8 zonal offices, around 113 divisional offices, 2,048 branches and 992 satellite offices and corporate offices; it also has 54 customer zones and 25 metro-area service hubs located in different cities and towns of India. It also has a network of 1,337,064 individual agents, 242 Corporate Agents, 89 Referral Agents, 98 Brokers and 42 Banks for soliciting life insurance business from the public.
LIC’s slogan yogakshemam vahamyaha is in Sanskrit language which translates in English as “Your welfare is our responsibility”. This is derived from ancient Hindu text, the Bhagavad Gita’s 9th chapter, 22nd verse. The slogan can be seen in the logo, written in Devanagari script.
OFFICIAL SITE :–
The Official Site of LIC is www.licindia.in . All the information related to LIC can be obtained by visiting this site.
LATEST RECRUITMENT NEWS :–
Name of theCompany : Life Insurance Corporation
Name of the post : Assistant Administrative Officers
Number of post : 700 vacancies
Category wise job details:
- SC: 106 including 2 backlog vacancies
- ST: 53 including 1 backlog vacancy
- OBC: 192 vacancies
- UR: 349 vacancies
Job location: India
Category: India Govt Jobs
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS :–
Online Payment of Application Fee/ Intimation Charges 15.12.2015
(ii) Last date for Online Registration & Online Payment of
Application Fee/Intimation Charges 05.01.2016
(iii) Download of Call Letter for Examination Last week of February 2016
(iv) Dates of Online Examination (Tentative) 05th,06th , 13th March 2016
Age Limit :
- Age of interested candidates must be more than 21 years and less than 30 years as on 01st December 2015.
- Age relaxation is applicable upto 5 years for SC/ST, 3years for OBC and 10 years for PWD Candidates.
Education Qualification : Interested candidates must have completed their under graduation or post graduation in required discipline from recognized university or institute.
Pay Scale : Selected candidates will get salary of Rs. 17,240/- in scale of Rs. 17,240- 840(14) –29,000– 910(4) –32,640/-.
Selection Procedure :
- Applied number of candidates will be considered eligible for this jobs on the basis of their performance in written examination and personal interview.
- Candidates can refer previous year question paper solution along with appropriate study material for cracking this examination with good marks.
HOW TO APPLY FOR LIC AAO RECRUITMENT 2016 :–
- Go to official site www.licindia.in
- On home page, click on Latest Career Updates tab.
- Now click on Advertisement of Assistant Administrative Officers Posts link.
- In new tab, pdf file will open.
- Read all mentioned details carefully.
- Now click on online application form link.
- Fill up form with all correct and required details.
- Upload scanned copy of photograph, signature and required documents.
- Verify filled form and submit it before due date.
- At last take print out of filled form for further reference.
For more details read the official notification. Keep visiting our web page for more job updates.