Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission was established in 1956 on 1st November under the section of 118(3) of the State Reorganization Act. MPPSC is an autonomous body, which basically recruits the candidates to several posts of civil services within Madhya Pradesh by holding various competitive examinations. Moreover, to select the candidates for the post of civil services, the commission has framed certain rules & regulations as well as initiated several disciplinary actions when required. To undertake the tasks by MPPSC, commission comprises a chairman and 4 other members to take care off.
MPPSC recently issued a notification of MPPSC Recruitment 2017 for filling up various vacancies through State Service Exam 2017. Many Job Contenders have applied for this recruitment. For the selection process MPPSC will organize written examination i.e Preliminary Examination and Main Examination. So. here in this article we are providing some exam preparation tips and strategy alongwith the names of books which will help the candidates to crack the exam easily. For more details read the post below.
MPPSC EXAM PATTERN AND SYLLABUS :
Those candidates who are preparing for MPPSC Prelims/ and Mains exam have to understand the exam pattern and syllabus first so that they can make their exam strategy according to that.
(I) Exam Pattern
Preliminary Examination :-
- Paper I: General Studies (200 Marks and 100 Question)
- Paper II- General Aptitude Test (200 Marks and 100 Question)
Note – (1) Both the question papers will be of objective type (multiple choice questions). Each question will have four probable answers grouped under A, B, C and D of which only one will be the correct answer. The candidate is required to record in the answer book, only A, B, C or D as may be adjudged by him to be the correct answer.
(2) Each question papers will consist of 100 questions of 2 marks each. The total marks for each paper will be 200 and time duration for each paper will be of 2 hours.
(3) Each question paper will be in Hindi and English.
Main Examination :-
- Paper I- General Studies (300 Marks)
- Paper II- General Studies (300 Marks)
- Paper III-General Hindi (300 Marks)
- Paper IV and Paper V-Any one Optional Subject (300 Marks)
- Paper VI and Paper VII- Any one Optional Subject (300 Marks)
Important : Interview Test – The interview test will carry 250 marks.
List of Optional Papers for Main Examination (with code) :
02 Animal Husbandary and Veterinary Science
09 Civil Engineering
10 Electrical Engineering
11 Mechanical Engineering
12 Commerce & Accountancy
17 Political Science and International Relations
18 Public Administration
20 Criminology and Forensic Science
24 Hindi literature
25 English literature
26 Sanskrit literature
27 Urdu literature
29 Military Science
Preliminary Exam Syllabus for Paper I & II
|Paper I (General Studies)|
|1||General Science & Environment|
|2||Current Events of National and International Importance|
|3||History of India and Independent India|
|4||Geography of India|
|5||Indian Polity and Economy|
|7||Geography, History and Culture of Madhya Pradesh|
|8||Polity and Economy of Madhya Pradesh|
|9||Information and Communication Technology|
|Paper II (General Aptitude Test Paper)|
|11||Interpersonal Skill including Communication Skill|
|12||Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability|
|13||Decision Making and Problem Solving|
|14||General Mental Ability|
|15||Basic Numeracy, Data Interpretation|
|16||Hindi Language Comprehension Skill|
Main Exam :
|Paper I (General Studies)|
|1||History of Modern India and Indian culture|
|2||Geography of India|
|4||Current National issues|
|5||International Affairs & Institutions|
|7||Developments in the field of Science & Technology, Communication & Space|
|8||India and the World|
|9||Games & Sports|
Syllabus for Paper-II:
|Part-I(General Introduction of Madhya Pradesh)|
|2||Natural Resources of Madhya Pradesh|
|7||Planning and Evaluation|
|8||Administrative Structure of Madhya Pradesh|
|9||Rural and Urban Administrative Structure|
|10||Games and Sports|
|Part-II (Culture, Literature, Music, Dance, Arts and History of Madhya Pradesh )|
|13||Music & Dance Tradition|
|15||Major Scheduled Tribes|
|16||Programmes of State Government in the field of Culture|
|18||Historical perspective of Madhya Pradesh|
MPPSC EXAM PREPARATION TIPS AND STUDY MATERIAL
MPPSC Preliminary Exam : The strategy for Prelims is a blend of hard and smart work. You need to grasp the IMPORTANT news events of past 8-10 months, without compromising the Static portion of GS. Also, one of the most ignored aspect is question solving. It is of prime importance to solve model/previous papers frequently appearing in general Magazines to get the wittedness requisite in the actual exam.
The general books/magazines one should read are :
- NCERT Class X-XII Social Studies, Economics and some Culture topics.
- Indian Polity by M.Laxmikanth
- India Year Book(GOI publication)
- Chronicle magazine
Books specific for MPPSC Preliminary Exam :
- Madhya Pradesh ek parichay(Macgrawhill Publication)
- MP general Knowledge(Arihant)
- Samsamyiki semi-annual(Maheshwari)
- Pratiyogita Nirdeshika magazine past 6 months issues
- 15 Practice Sets MPPSC (Samanya Abhiruchi Parikshan)
- Statistical Methods (S.C.Gupta)
- Comparative Politics (R. Chilkote)
Apart from these you should also read Dainik Bhaskar(for state news) and The Indian Express regularly.
MPPSC Main Exam :
- Generally it takes 2 months for the result of pre to be out and then there is a time of 2-3 months at most for Mains. So it is better to start preparing for mains immediately after prelims. The preparation strategy is solely based on one rule of the thumb: READ MORE, WRITE EVEN MORE.
Now being selective in reading is the Smart and tricky part. Be very specific as to what you read and what sources you ultimately refer. The market is flooded with books, and the MP GS part is what confuses students. Lack of accurate data, misplaced and redundant facts is common in nearly all the books. It’s better to refer govt sites and daily newspapers for this.
- As you are appearing for MP civil services, you must have good command over Hindi, there’s a separate and high scoring Hindi paper as well.
- Everything you read must be jotted down in short key-word friendly format to remember and then expanded in your own language. The drafting of answers is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT and this is where you can stand clear of the normal answers and get those extra marks. Practice speed writing and use simple language. Continuity and clarity of thought always impresses the examiner.
- Some very important topics must be prepared for all marking formats- 3, 15, 25,30 or even 60 marks, whatever the case may be. This is helpful when a long question is asked for shorter one with lesser marks. Make sure that you write apt answers avoiding the unnecessary details. Quality answers coupled with neat work fetch good marks.
- Remember WRITING PRACTICE IS THE KEY for Mains.
MPPSC Mains Books Sources :
|Name of Book||Author/ Publication|
|Ancient India||D.D.Kausambi’s Historical Outline|
|English Grammar||Wren and Martin|
|G.K. & G.S||R.P.Sharma|
|N.C.E.R.T. Book [Std. Xi & Std. XII]||–|
|A History of Political Thought||Subrata Mukherjee, Susheela Ramaswamy|
|A History of Political Thought||J.P. Suda|
|Foundations of Indian Political thought||V.R. Mehta|
|Modern Political Theory||S.P. Verma|
We hope that this study material would be definitely beneficial for those candidates who are preparing to clear this examination. We wish you all the very best for Madhya Pradesh public service commission (MPPSC) examination 2017.
Stay connected to our web page on regular basis for more updates. You can also share your comments with us.