Indian Ordnance Factories is a giant industrial setup which functions under the Department of Defence Production of the Ministry of Defence. Indian Ordnance Factories, headquartered at Kolkata, is a conglomerate of 41 Factories, 9 Training Institutes, 3 Regional Marketing Centres and 4 Regional Controller of Safety. It is engaged in research, development, production, testing, marketing and logistics of a comprehensive product range in the areas of air, land and sea systems. OFB is the world’s largest government operated production organisation, and the oldest organisation run by the Government of India. It is often called the “Fourth Arm of Defence”, and the “Force Behind the Armed Forces” of India. It is amongst the top fifty defence equipment manufacturers in the world.
Official Website : The official website of Ordnance Factories Board is www.ofb.gov.in . Candidate can avail all the details of OFB by visiting this site.
|Name of State/ Union Territory||Number of factories|
As the Ordnance Factories is distributed in many states the need of skillful candidates always arises due to heavy workload. So, the Ordnance Factories Board evey year releases recruitment notification for the Group C Posts and invites applications from the eligible candidates. Likewise for the upcoming year 2017-18 the Board has recently made announcement to release various notification to fill various posts such as Skilled labour, Semi-Skilled labour, Lower Division Clerk(LDC), Charge man, Fireman, Tradesman, Boiler, Laboratory Assistant, Storekeeper, Durwan, Civilian Motor Driver etc. This is a brilliant job opportunity for the youths who are looking for government jobs.
ORDNANCE FACTORIES RECRUITMENT 2017-18 DETAILS
Ordnance Factories Board (OFB) has decided to reveal a direct recruitment notification. The notification will be released State – Wise i.e (Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Tamilnadu, West Bengal, Uttaranchal, Andhra Pradesh, Chandigarh and Orissa). OFB will release the Recruitment Notification in their career site of official web page and employment news, to appoint deserving and eminent personalities in various unoccupied Group ‘C’ Industrial positions. The vacancies notified are commonly shared for reserved and unreserved categories. Equal opportunities are provided for physically handicapped and Ex-servicemen persons also.
In the page below we are providing the details of Posts to be released by OFB alongwith eligibility criteria, selection process and application procedure.
Name of the Posts: Group-‘C’ Industrial
- Boiler Attendant
- Fitter Auto
- Optical Worker
Pay Scale : PB 1 Rs 5200- 20200 + Grade Pay Rs1800/-
Educational Qualification :
- To apply for Ordnance Factory Recruitment, the candidates must possess 10th class/12th Class/Diploma/ITI /Graduation in relevant specialization from any approved Institution or Board.
- The candidate must also possess National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) or National Trade Certificate (NTC) issued by National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT).
Age limit :
Individuals applying must have attained a minimum age limit of 18 years. Age relaxations will be provided in the order of 5 years for SC/ ST category, 3 years for OBC category and 10 years for PWD candidates. PWD candidates will further undergo relaxation based on their category. The relaxation in age will also provided for Ex-servicemen’s.
Selection Process :
- Eligible candidates will get selected on the basis of written exam, and trade test.
- Documents verification and Medical examination will be mandatory part of selection process.
- The list of successful candidates in the Written test to be called for Trade Test (Practical) will be prepared and notified in alphabetical order and not in the order of merit.
- The trade test will be only of qualifying nature without any marks. The final select list shall be based on marks of written test only.
Exam Pattern :
The Written Test conducted by the Ordnance Factory consists of Objective Type Questions from various Subjects.
- The paper would be bilingual, i.e, it would be printed in Hindi as well as in English.
- The paper would require to be answered in OMR sheets.
- Candidates would be required to darken the circles in the OMR sheet with black pen.OMR sheets marked in pencil would be rejected out right.
- The Written Exam for Workman Consists of One Paper and Two Parts Part A & Part B.
- The Written Exam consists of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions for 100 Marks.
- The Part A will have the Weightage of 20 Marks and Part B will have the Weightage of 80 Marks.
- All the questions will be compulsory. There will be be compulsory. There will be no negative marking be compulsory. There will be no negative marking.
- General Science.
- Quantitative Aptitude.
- NCVT Syllabus of Relevant Trade.
(a) General Science (10 Questions)-Question will be aimed at testing the candidate’s General Awareness of the environment around him. Question will also be designed to test knowledge of basic science studied up to 10th standard and would include such matters of every day observations and experience as may be expected of any educated person.
(b) Quantitative Aptitude (10 Questions) – The candidate will be tested for general mathematics of upto 10th Standard involving number systems, equations in two variables, simple and compound interest, perimeter, area and volume of geometrical figures, Direct and inverse proportions, Pythagoras theorem and trigonometry.
(c) NCVT Trade (80 Questions) –Questions from the NCVT Syllabus of relevant trade.
(d) There will be no interview for filling up of these vacancies.
(e) Trade test : The syllabus for trade test (Practical) will as per Trade Test Specification of the Semi Skilled grade of the relevant trade. Viva-voce, if any, considered necessary to test the skill of the candidate being considered for recruitment, will essentially form part of Trade Test.
Dates to Remember
|Commencing Date for filling the online application||Ten days after the publication of the advertisement in employment news|
|Closing date for submitting the online application||Within 20 days from the starting date of submission of the online application|
|Last date for the receipt of the hard copy||10 days from the closing date of the submission of the application|
HOW TO APPLY FOR ORDNANCE FACTORY RECRUITMENT
- Candidates who fulfill the requisite qualifications can apply in online mode through the official website of Orance Factories(state wise).
- After the submission of the online application form, a registration number will be generated, which can be note down for future reference. The print out of the application form will be taken with the help of that registration number.
- The hard copy along with the factory copy of bank Challan can be submitted by post, by indicating the address (as mentioned in the notification).
Keep in regular touch with our page. As soon as the OFB releases the recruitment notification officially we will upload it on our site. For any queries you can write us in th below box.