The Punjab Police Department is an law enforcement body which holds the responsibility to control law and order in the state of Punjab. There aim is to maintain law and order in the state of Punjab. Punjab Police department was established in 1849. But later in may 1962 a commission was set by the ex-chief justice of India to establish Punjab Police Department in a whole new way. The current chief of Punjab Police Department is Mr. Suresh Arora. Punjab Police department have three armed battalion namely Punjab armed police, Punjab Commando Police, and the last one is India Reserve Battalion. The main police formations of Punjab police department are as follows:
- Central Police Office (CPO).
- Police Regions.
- Counter terrorism department.
- Elite Police.
- Traffic police.
- Punjab Highway Patrol.
- Investigation Branch.
They do recruitment in the department by transfers,promotions and internal examinations. They have the ultimate right to recruit and to demote any employee if they are not working up to the mark or upto there expectations.
WHY PUNJAB POLICE DEPARTMENT?
Now a days candidates are searching for a good job that not only give them the money but also a good reputation in the society. Candidates want a job which is more secure than any other job they have done previously. They want more salary,more perks and other benefits from the job. So if they want all of these in there hand, they should join Punjab police department. The department provides all those things which candidates now a days ask for. They gave candidates good salary,reputation and other benefits if they join the department. So if they want all of these they should prepare themselves for a tough fight to get the job in there hands.
Candidates applying for Punjab police department must take a note in these following information:
- Candidates applying for constable post must have completed there 10+2 from recognized board.It is compulsory for each and every candidates to have Punjabi as there subject in there 10+2.
- Candidates who are applying for higher post must have completed there graduation from recognized university/board.
Candidates applying must must take a note to following points:
- For men the upper age limit is 25 years of age and not more than that
- For women the upper age limit is 25 years of age
- The upper age relaxation limit for SC/ST/ OBC is 5 yrs.
- For Ex- Servicemen the upper age relaxation limit is of 3 yrs.
FOR CONSTABLE: Candidates applying for the post of constable can take a look at the following things:
- Physical Efficiency Test: The candidates successfully qualifying the physical measurement test appear for the outdoor tests.
- 1600 Meters. Race for males and 800 meters for females.
- High Jump
- Long Jump
Minimum height for male candidates:5’7″( 5 feet and 7 inches)
Minimum height for female candidates:5’3″( 5 feet and 3 inches)
Here are the salary structure of Punjab Police Department:
- For DGP( Deputy General of Police) : Apex Scale (i) Rs.80000/- (Fixed), Grade Pay Nil (By up gradation of one existing post of Director General of Police as head of police force in the each State cadre).
- For ADGP: Pay Band-4 Rs.37400-67000+Grade Pay Rs.12000 .
- For IGP: Pay Band-4 Rs.37400-67000+Grade Pay Rs.10000 .
- For DIG: Pay Band-4 Rs.37400-67000+Grade Pay Rs.8900
- For SP: Junior Scale:- Pay Band-3 Rs.15600-39100+Grade Pay Rs.5400.
- For Inspector: Pay Band -3 Rs.10300-34800+Grade Pay Rs.3800.
- For sub-inspector: Pay Band -3 Rs.10300-34800+Grade Pay Rs.3600.
- For head constable: Pay Band -2 Rs.5910-20200+Grade Pay Rs.2400.
- For constable: Pay Band -2 Rs.5910-20200+Grade Pay Rs.1900.
WHO CAN APPLY AND HOW
Candidates who have completed there matriculation from recognize university can apply for the post of constable and head constable. Candidates who are applying for Inspector and Sub-inspector must have completed there graduation from recognize university/board. They should have Punjabi as there subject in matriculation and as well as in there graduation. Candidates who have applied for Punjab Police can apply online. Here are some steps to apply for Punjab Police:
- Candidates should visit the official website.
- Then click on the recruitment link
- Then enter all your important details
- Then upload your latest passport size photo and your signature.
- Then take a printout of the application form for future use.
The official website of Punjab Police Department is http://punjabpolice.gov.in/. Candidates can take a look at all the functions and there formations in the official website. They can even find previous year sample papers and other important paper in this website. Candidates can search new recruitment in the official website.
HOW TO PREPARE
Candidates who are applying for Punjab Police department must work hard to get the job in there hands. They have to prepare themselves physically and mentally both. They have to start practicing running months before the exams. They have to do other physical activities in order to stand there in the physical test. Candidates have to prepare some important topics such as General Knowledge, Maths,Reasoning, Politics and regional language of Punjab i.e Punjabi.
WHERE TO GET STUDY MATERIAL
Candidates can get the study material from every where. They can find the study material from the official website. They can download the sample papers from the official website. There are lots of E-Books available in the internet. Candidates can download the pdf file from various website which are there in the internet. Candidates can search some quality books for police recruitment in the market nearby.
Candidates can download there admit cards 15 days before the exams. Admit cards are really very important for the candidates as without the admit cards candidates will not be allowed to sit in the examination hall. Here are some important steps to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website
- Search for the link for admit card
- Then click on that link
- Enter your roll no and password
- Then take a print out of the admit card.
Candidates can search all the latest results in the official website which is clearly mentioned above. All the latest results will be declared only after all the exams are conducted in the state. Candidates can check there results by entering there roll no and password in the official website. They can take a printout of the result for future use.
Candidates this year who have applied for Police recruitment exams for various post have find it difficult to clear the exam. A lot of candidates have applied for the exam but only few of those candidates have passed in the exam. The physical test was also a tough one for the candidates. Only those candidates who have practiced for the physical examination test have cleared the exam.
Candidates who are having a hard time studying for police exams and are searching for some good books and guide have just landed in the right place. Here will give you information about some good books which are helpful for the candidates in order to clear the examination
|Master the Civil Service Exam, 3rd Edition||Shannon R Turlington, Acro|
|Norman Hall’s Police Exam Preparation Book||Norman Hall|
|Norman Hall’s Firefighter Exam Preparation Book||Norman Hall|
|UP Police Constable & Constable Provincial Armed Constabulary Combined Exam Guide||RPH Editorial Board|
|Training of IPS: Indian Police Service||Kaneez Zehra|
|ITBP-Constable/Head Constable Exam Guide||RPH Editorial Board|
|Understanding the Police in India||Verma A|
|DSSSB: T.G.T Prelinminary Examination||Lal Jain|
|Manipur Police Examinations||Mohd. Rafi Kamol|
|SSC Delhi Police S.I.||Student Aid Publications|
Candidates can download the answer key after all the examination have conducted by the authority. They can download the answer key from the official website of Punjab police. For that they have to enter there roll no and password in the website to download the answer key set wise. Answer keys are always very important for the candidates as they show the strong and weak points of the candidates. They can judge there results by taking a look at the answer key.
Candidates can check the cut off list from various sites available. They can even check the cut off list in official site. Cut off list is important for the candidates as it shows the minimum marks for passing the exam. Candidates can prepare for the exam by taking a look at the cutoff list.
Thanks for giving a visit on our website. Do bookmark our page for getting latest information about the upcoming recruitment. If any doubts occur in candidates mind, they can comment on the comment box below. All there doubts will be cleared by our team of experts.