Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) office is located at Jaipur road, Ajmer, Rajasthan. It is the premier commission of the government of Rajasthan, for organizing recruitment exams, procedures for recruiting employees, officers to various departments of the government. This includes the recruitment of Clerical cadre in minimum and the recruitment in Rajasthan Administrative Service (R.A.S) & Rajasthan Police Service (R.P.S) in maximum extent. The recruitment to RAS, RPS, RTS and Rajasthan Sub-ordinate Services is made through an exam RAS/RTS Competitive Exam organized by the RPSC.
The RAS stands for Rajasthan Administrative Service. It is the supreme civil service of the Indian state of Rajasthan. The recruitment to the service is made on the basis of an annual competitive examination. The officers are included in the state cadre of civil service officers. The cadres usually start from a designation lower in rank than Indian Administrative Service (IAS) (one of the All India Services). However, promote RAS officers gradually can take posts equivalent to IAS officers. The RAS exam is organised by Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC), a Rajasthan government body. The RAS officers hold various posts at sub-district level while delivering various government services apart from conducting revenue administration and maintenance of law and order.
LATEST UPDATE BY RPSC :
RPSC is going to announce the date for the RAS 2017 Recruitment. Many unemployed youths from Rajasthan are interested in this recruitment and are awaiting for the Application Form. The application form are going to be released in the month of April 2017 in the official web portal www.rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in .
Important Dates :
- Notification release date: April 2017.
- Online Registration Start from: May 2017.
- Last date for submission of application fee at E-Mitra Center: June 2017.
- RAS Online Form Submission will end on date: Last date: June 2017.
- Exam pre: Expected to hold in August 2017.
- Mains Exam: Expected to hold in October 2017.
- Make Correction in Application form start date: June 2017.
- Last date for make correction in Application form: July 2017.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
It is mandatory for all RPSC exam that the applicant must have domicile certificate of Rajasthan.
II. Age Limit : Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years but must have not crossed the age of 35 years for State Services & 25 years to 45 years for Subordinate Services.
|S.No.||Candidates Category||Max Age Relaxation (in years)|
|1.||SC/ ST/ BC/ SBC Male candidates of Rajasthan||5|
|2.||SC/ ST/ BC/ SBC Female candidates of Rajasthan||10|
|3.||General Women candidates||5|
|4.||Widow & Divorced Women candidates||No maximum age limit|
|5.||Persons with Disabilities||General||10|
III. Educational Qualification : The applicants should have graduation degree from a government recognized college or university or its equivalent and the students who are in final year of the graduation can also apply.
RAS/RTS EXAM PATTERN :
Total Marks of Each Exam Paper: 200
Time duration of Each Exam Paper: 3:00 Hours
|Name of Exam||Marks of Each Question|
|General Knowledge and General Studies I||· 20 Very Short answer questions (Answer word limit 15) Each question of 2 marks. (20 x 2 = 40) 40 Marks· 16 Short answer questions (Answer word limit 50) Each question of 5 marks. (16 x 5 = 80) 80 Marks
· 4 Long/Descriptive questions (Answer word limit 200) Each question of 20 marks. (4 x 20 = 80) 80 Marks (There will be a choice in long/descriptive questions)
|General Knowledge and General Studies II|
|General Knowledge and General Studies III||· 20 Very Short answer questions (Answer word limit 15) Each question of 2 marks. (20 x 2 = 40) 40 Marks· 20 Short answer questions (Answer word limit 50) Each question of 5 marks. (20 x 5 = 100) 100 Marks
· 3 Long/Descriptive questions (Answer word limit 200) Each question of 20 marks. (3 x 20 = 60) 60 Marks
|General Hindi and General English IV||Hindi (100 Marks)||“Vyakaran” (Brief): 30“Rachana” (Medium): 30
“Neebandh” (Long & Descriptive): 40
|Rajasthani Sahitya and Boliya (20 Marks)||“Rajasthani Sahitya and Boliya”(Brief): 10“Rachanakar and Rachnay” (Medium): 10|
|English (80 Marks)||Grammar (Brief): 30Comprehension (Medium) : 20
Composition (Long & Descriptive): 30
RPSC RAS Mains Syllabus 2017, Paper 1:
General Studies – I
Total Questions: 40
Total Marks: 200
|Culture||History||History of Modern World|
|Indian Constitution||Modern Period||Geography of Rajasthan|
|Ancient & Medieval Period||Geography of World and India||Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan|
|Political System & Governance||Administrative System of Rajasthan||Economic Concepts and Indian Economy|
|Economy of Rajasthan||Geography of Rajasthan|
RPSC RAS Mains Syllabus 2017, Paper 2nd:
General Studies – II
Total Questions: 40
Total Marks: 200
|Venn diagram||Relations||Letter series|
|Physics||Forestry||The Odd man out|
|Data Analysis||Logical Reasoning||Analytical Reasoning|
|Mental Ability||Percentage||Number series|
|Coding-Decoding||Basic Numeracy||Number System|
|Ratio and Proportion||Square Root||Cube Root|
|Time and Work||Time, Speed & Distance||Area and Perimeter|
|Problems on Numbers||Interpretation||Sampling|
|Biological Sciences||Information Technology||Environment|
|Agriculture||Science & Technology||Horticulture|
|Statements and Conclusion||Statement and Argument||Dairy and Animal Husbandry|
|Simple and Compound Interest||General and Everyday Science||Statement and Assumptions|
|Linear Regression and Correlation||Various Scientific & Technological Projects of Rajasthan||Technological Concepts and Advancements etc|
RPSC RAS Mains Syllabus 2017, Paper 3rd:
General Studies – IIIrd
Total Questions: 43
Total Marks: 200
|Public Management||Governance Issues||Current Sensitive Issues|
|Ethics and Human Interface||National Integrity and Security||Administrative Ethics|
|Global Economic Issues and Trends||General & Administrative Management||India and Global Perspective|
|Aptitude and Foundational Value of Civil Services||Pressure Groups and Organisational Development||Current Affairs – National & International|
|International Affair and Diplomatic Strategy||Strengthening of Moral values in Governance and Public Administration||Resources and Programmes for Development in Rajasthan|
RPSC RAS Mains Syllabus 2017, Paper 4th:
General Hindi and General English – IVth
Total Marks: 200
|Grammar||Change of Voice||Comprehensions|
|Letter Writing||Articles||Report Writing|
|Compositions||Precise Writing||Change of Narration|
|Paragraph Writing||Phrasal Verbs & Idioms||Synonyms & Antonyms|
|One word substitute||Translation of Sentences from Hindi to English|
EXAM PREPARATION STRATEGY/TIPS
- Do Regular Study, plan a day schedule for your studies and be honest to follow it.
- Pattern of examination must be well understood before starting your studies.
- Interact with other candidates and analyze your preparations.
- Prepare personal notes and review them regularly.
- Practice from model/sample test papers.
- Read New Papers and good magazines regularly for current affairs section
- Critically analyze the important topics
- Go through the previous year question papers.
- Always be optimistic and energetic and never think about failure or success at this stage.
- Get started preparation as soon as possible.
BOOKS FOR RAS EXAM :
Some of best Aptitude Test Books for RAS Exam:
1. RS Aggarwal for Quantitative aptitude.
2. CSAT by Cengage Learning
Some of Best Rajasthan GK Books for RAS Exam:
1. Contemporary Rajasthan by L.R.Bhalla
2. Economy of Rajasthan by Laxminarayan Nathuramka
3. Rajasthan Culture by Jai Singh Niraj
4. Rajasthani History by Kalu Ram Sharma.
5. Lakshya Series Books.
Some of Best India GK Books:
1. NCERT Book – Class VI to X.
2. Indian Politics by Lakshmikanth
3. A Brief Introduction to Indian Constitution by Xaviers Pinto
4. Upkars Todayâ€™s General Knowledge by Khanna and Verma
Books for Technical Section:
1. Refer Internet / Wikipedia on specific topics
Books for Current Affairs:
- The Hindu / Rajasthan Patrika News Paper.
- Pratiyogita Darpan Magzine.
Keep visiting our site for more updates. If you have any querries you can write us in the below provided box. Ou team experts will sought out your queries.