Railway Recruitment Board every year releases a number of recruitments notifications in the rojgar samachar. For the year 2016 18000+ Vacancies were released by RRB for the unemployed youths. Many of the youths have grabbed this opportunity but for those who missed it there is again a big chance for them to join the Indian Railways jobs as the officials of RRB has announced to release more than 60,000 vacancies for all Indian railway government jobs seeker. The vacancies will going to be released zone wise. Aspirants who are 10th passed, 12th passed, Graduate, ITI students, B.Tech, M.Tech candidates etc. all can apply for these upcoming vacancies as the RRB will going to recruit candidates category wise i.e. Group’A’, Group ‘B’, Group ‘C’ and Group ‘D’.
In this post we will provide all the details of upcoming vacancies for the year 2017-18 and their eligibility criterias so that job aspirants who wants to join Indian Railways can prepare themselves for the recruitment procedure.
Indian railways Latest Recruitment 2017-18
Indian Railways is a state-owned railway company, responsible for rail transport in India. It is owned and operated by the Government of India through the Ministry of Railways. It is one of the world’s largest railway networks in India.
The Railway Recruitment board is a government of India organization which works for appointing candidates to work in Indian railways. This Governmental organization was established in the year 1998 by the ministry of railways in India which is situated in New Delhi, India.
There are 21 boards situated in different parts of India which are as follow :
- Jammu and Kashmir
Objectives of Railway Recruitment Control Board
The recruitment boards have been set up based on the policies evolved over a period of time to achieve the following objectives :
- To rationalize the work load on existing RRBs.
- To bring the recruitment agencies nearer to the candidates in the far flung areas and interior sides.
- To Expedite selection process.
- To conduct recruitment on all India basis.
Classification of Posts
Railway services are classified as follows :
(a) Gazetted (Officers Cadre)
(1) Railway Services Group A
(2) Railway Services, Group B.
(1) Railway Services, Group C
(2) Railway Services, Group D
(3) Workshop Staff ( Group C & D )
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Railway Recruitment
(I) Group ‘A’
Group ‘A’ posts are gazetted posts which falls under the officer cadres. High designations in Traffic Services, Accounts Services, Personnel Service and Railway Protection Forces etc. falls under Group ‘A’ category.
Educational Qualification –
- The minimum eligibility required for the Group A services is graduation in any discipline or an equivalent qualification (for civil service); Degree in Engineering or M.Sc Degree or its equivalent (for engineering service); Degree in medicine- M.B.B.S (for medical service) from any recognised University.
- If the candidate is applying for the post of Mechanical Engineer than HSC or equivalent with PCM, is the minimum qualification which has been required.
Age Limit – The minimum Age limit is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 year as per the date of eligibility. Age relaxation is provided to various categories. Government employees from a listed category will get 5 years, SC/ST will get 5 Years, 3 years for OBC,5 years for domiciled candidatesin the State of Jammu & Kashmir,3 years for disabled defence service personnel, 5 years for ex-service men and 10 years for handicapped persons.
(II) Group ‘B’
Group B are positions which normally got promoted from Group C after a particular period of service done by the employee in Group C.
(III) Group ‘C’
The Group C is divided in to two categories such as Technical Cadres and Non-Technical Cadres.
Technical Cadres :- Includes vacancies in the field of Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Signal and Telecommunication, etc.
Age Limit – The minimum age is 18 year and the maximum age limit is 33 years. The candidates falling under special categories gets age relaxation such as 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC and so on.
Educational Qualification –The candidates should have passed X standard or SSC or equivalent examination with 50% marks in their academics and possessing ITI or Diploma or a candidates with a pass in BE or B Tech from any recognized Board / University or College approved by Govt. of India are eligible to apply.
Non-Technical Cadres :- The Non-Technical Cadres includes vacancies such as Clerks, Assistant Station Masters, Ticket Collectors, Trains Clerks, Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice, etc.
Age Limit – The minimum age is 18 year and the maximum age limit is 30 years. Age relaxation will be provided as per the rules and regulations by Government of India for various cadres such as SC/St, OBC etc.
Educational Qualification – The educational qualification varies from post to post in this category. Some demands a pass in Matriculation / Intermediate from recognized Board along with typing skills in English/Hindi on Computer/Typewriter. Some positions requires respective graduation from recognized University.
(IV) Group ‘D’
Group ‘D’ includes the lower positions and RRB recruits candidates for this positions.
Age Limit – The minimum age set for Group D cadre is 18 years and the maximum age limit is 33 Years.
Age Relaxation – The candidates under various categories enjoy age relaxation as per the government rules and regulations. SC/ST will get 5 years, OBC gets 3 years, Domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir get 5 years, 10 years for PWD (UR) candidates, 13 years for PWD (OBC), 15 years for PWD (SC/ST), Widows get 2 to 7 years, etc.
Educational Qualification – Candidate must possess 10th Standard or ITI or equivalent from an Educational Institute/Board recognized by Government of India.
RRBs Selection/Recruitment Procedure
Vacancies in Indian Railways are filled either by Recruitment agencies like UPSC or RRB or by promotion from serving candidates.
- Group A recruitments are made by Union Public Service Commission through the Civil Services Examination and Combined Engineering Services Examination.
- Through Civil Services exam, Group ‘A’ personnel are recruited for Following services :-
- Indian Railway Traffic Service,
- Indian Railway Accounts Service,
- Indian Railway Personnel Service,
- Railway Protection Force (RPF)
Through Combined Engineering Services Exam, Group ‘A’ personnel are recruited for Following services :-
- Indian Railway Service of Engineers,
- Indian Railway Stores Service,
- Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers,
- Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers,
- Railway Service of Signal Engineers
Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers personnel are also recruited through UPSC Special Class Railway Apprentice Examination.
- Group B posts are normally filled by promotion from serving Group C candidates.
- Group C officers are recruited by 19 Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) that operate under the control of Railway recruitment control board (RRCB).These Railway recruitment boards are the prime recruiting agencies for zonal railways, production units etc. They ask for applications for various Group ‘C’ vacancies through Technical and Non-Technical cadre exams.
- Group D posts are filled at the divisional level.
Railway Salary Structure
Projected Pay Structure For 7th Pay Commission :
|Group||Scale||Pay Band||Grade Pay||Entry Level Grade Pay|
Allowance offered by Indian Railways
Indian Railway offers some allowances to its employees, which are as follows :-
- Daily Allowance, Mileage Allowance beyond 8 km
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Transport Allowance (TPA)
- Allowance for Night Duty
- Compensation in lieu of Holidays
- Fixed Conveyance Allowance
- Conveyance Allowance to Doctors
- Special Compensatory (Tribal/Scheduled Area) Allowances.
- Special Allowance to Railway School Teachers
- Special Allowance for child care, women with disabilities and Educational Allowance
- Overtime Allowance (OTA)
We hope that the information provided above will be helpful to you. Keep connected to our site on regular basis for more updates. You can also share your comments with us.