IISCO STEEL PLANT, a unit of STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED (SAIL) has recently revealed an Employment Notification to fill 226 vacancies of Executive and Non-Executive Cadre Posts i.e. Operator-cum-Technician, Attendant-cum-Technician, Medical Professionals Posts. This is a very bright job opportunity for the job seeking candidates. Eligible and interested candidates would be required to apply online through SAIL’s website : www.sail.co.in (Career with SAIL). No other means/mode of application shall be accepted. Candidates are advised to read carefully instructions for online submission of application. The same will be available in the website itself. Before applying the candidates should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility norms & physical standards. We have furnished all the details of age, qualification, selection process, physical standards, pay scale etc at the posts below. Please go through the complete post before applying.
SAIL Latest Recruitment Notification 2016 – Executive and Non-Executive Cadre Posts
About the Organization : STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED (SAIL) is a Maharatna Company, and a leading steel-making company in India with a turnover of around Rs.44,952crore (FY 2015-16). IISCO Steel Plant of SAIL located at Burnpur in Asansol. IISCO is a combined steel plant with a fixed capacity of producing 2.5 million tons of liquid steel.
Official site : www.sail.co.in
Number of Posts : 226
Post wise Vacancy Details:
|S.no||Posts Name||No of Vacancies|
|1.||Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee)||134 Posts|
|2.||Attendant-cum-Technician (Trainee)||80 Posts|
|3.||Medical Professionals Like Specialist / Medical Officer/Dental Surgeon / Principal –School of Nursing / Nursing Superintendent||12 Posts|
Educational Qualification :
- Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee) – Matriculation and 3 years full time Diploma in Engineering in Mechanical/Metallurgy/Electrical/Instrumentation/Chemical disciplines from a Govt. recognized Institute with minimum 50% marks (40% for SC/ST/PWD candidates).
- Attendant-cumTechnician(Trainee) – Matriculation and ITI (full time) in Fitter/ Electrician trades from Govt. Recognised Institute.
- Attendant-cum-Technician (Trainee)- Heavy Vehicle Operation – Matriculation with Heavy Duty Vehicle Driving Licence and having at least one year experience in operation of Dumpers& Dozers, etc.
- Specialists – MBBS with MD / MS or equivalent qualification in relevant discipline from a University/Institute recognized by the MCI and with atleast 3 years post qualification experience after MD/MS.
- Dental Surgeon – BDS from a University/Institute recognized by DCI and with post qualification experience of at least 1 year in a Medical College/Hospital/Institution. Fresh candidates with MDS qualification from University/Institute recognized by DCI may also apply.
- Principal – School of Nursing – MSc. Nursing / BSc. Nursing (after Intermediate or 10+2) from a Govt. recognized Institute and recognized by Nursing Council of India; having valid registration in Nursing Council of India / State Nursing Council.
- Nursing Superintendent – MSc. Nursing / BSc. Nursing (after Intermediate or 10+2) from a Govt. recognized Institute and recognized by Nursing Council of India; having valid registration in Nursing Council of India / State Nursing Council.
Age limit :
Name of the Post Upper Age Limit
- Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee) 28 yrs.
- Attendant -cum-Technician (Trainee) 28 yrs.
- Specialists 37 yrs.
- Medical Officer 30 yrs.
- Dental Surgeon 30 yrs.
- Principal – School of Nursing 34 yrs.
- Nursing Superintendent 34 yrs.
Relaxation in upper age limit : Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC / ST and 3 years for OBC candidates with respect to posts reserved for them. Age relaxation for PWD up to 10 years Exservicemen candidates will be granted age relaxation as per Govt. directives. Those domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir from 1.1.1980 to 31.12.1989 will be allowed 5 years relaxation in upper age limit.
Pay Scale : Selected Candidates for the Steel Authority of India Limited Recruitment 2016 will have a Pay Scale as Mentioned below.
- For Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee): Rs.16800/- to Rs. 24110/-.
- For Attendant-cum-Technician (Trainee): Rs.15830/- to Rs. 22150/-.
- For Specialist: Rs. 32900/- to Rs. 58000/-.
- For other Posts: Rs. 20600/- to Rs. 46500/-.
Application Fee : Applicants applying for SAIL Burnpur Recruitment 2016 have to pay the application fee through SBI Challan at any branch of SBI.
- For Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee)
- General/OBC: Rs 250/-.
- SC/ST/PWD/ESM: No Fee.
- For Attendant-cum-Technician (Trainee):
- General/OBC: Rs 150/-.
- SC/ST/PWD/ESM: No Fee.
- For Medical Professionals:
- General/OBC: Rs 500/-.
- SC/ST/PWD/ESM: No Fee.
Selection Procedure :
Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee) / Attendantcum-Technician (Trainee) : Eligible candidates will be required to appear in a written examination and on the basis of their performance in the written examination, the candidates shall be called for Trade Test/Skill Test in the ratio of 1:3. Trade Test/Skill Test will be of qualifying in nature. The final merit list will be prepared in descending order separately for each discipline and category on the basis of the total marks obtained in the written test by the candidates who qualify in Trade Test/Skill Test. There shall be 3 stages of Bio-Metric intervention in the entire selection process.
Specialist : Eligible candidates will be required to appear for a personal interview and on selection would undergo medical examination before joining the services of the company.
Medical Officer/Dental Surgeon/Principal – School of Nursing/Nursing Superintendent : Eligible candidates will be required to appear in a written examination and on the basis of their performance in the written examination, they shall be called for a personal interview in the ratio of 1:3. For final selection, merit list will be drawn by combining the score of written test and interview with the weightage of 80:20 in that order.
Training and Probation :
- Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee)/ Attendant-cum-Technician (Trainee) : Candidates selected as Operator-cum-Technician (Trainee) and Attendant-cum-Technician (Trainee) will be placed on training for a period of 2 Years.
- Specialist/Medical Officer/Dental Surgeon/Principal-School of Nursing/Nursing Superintendent : The selected candidates shall be placed under probation for one year before confirmation.
How to Apply
- Open the Official website of SAIL that is www.sail.co.in.
- Open the link of IISCO SAIL Online Application Form.
- Fill the details in the Application form and Pay the Application Fee.
- Submit the SAIL Online Application Form.\
- Take the Print out of Application Form, and Send Relevant Certificates along with application form to address given below.
The DCM (Pers-CF),
CEO’s Office Complex,
7 The Ridge,
Documents to be enclosed along with Application:
- Attested copies of all Educational Certificates.
- Attested copy of Proof of Age.
- Experience Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- SBI Challan.
- Registration with the respective council for SAIL Burnpur Jobs.
- Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: 01/07/2016.
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 05/08/2016.
- Last Date for receipt of Hard Copy of Application: 20/08/2016.
Candidates are advised to read the complete notification before applying for the above vacancies. Keep in regular contact with our site. We will always update your about various job notifications, admit cards, answer keys, results etc. Share your comments with us.