State Bank of India (SBI), with a 200 year history, is the largest commercial bank in India in terms of assets, deposits, profits, branches, customers and employees. The Government of India is the single largest shareholder of this Fortune 500 entity with more than 50% ownership. SBI is ranked 59th in the list of ‘Top 1000 World Banks 2015’ by The Banker magazine. Recently the State Bank of India has revealed a Notification for the Recruitment of Probationary Officers in its firm. Any eligible candidate, who aspires to join State Bank of India as a Probationary Officer, is required to register on-line for the Recruitment Process. The candidates will be selected for the recruited post on the basis of written examination, Group Discussion and Interview. The written examination will be held in two phases preliminary and main. Candidates who will qualify in preliminary examination and shortlisted will have to appear for Main examination and shortlisted candidates in the main examination will subsequently be called for a Group Exercises & Interview. Further information about State Bank of India PO Recruitment Age Limit, Qualifications, Pay Scale and other details are furnished below.
SBI Probationary Officer Recruitment 2017 – Apply online
Applications are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment as Probationary Officers (POs) in State Bank of India. Candidates selected are liable to be posted anywhere in India. Prospective candidates will have to apply to after carefully reading the advertisement regarding the process of examinations and interview, eligibility criteria, online registration processes, payment of prescribed application fee/ intimation charges, pattern of examination, issuance of call letters etc. and ensure that they fulfil the stipulated criteria and follow the prescribed processes.
Name of Organization : STATE BANK OF INDIA (SBI)
Official site : www.sbi.co.in
Recruitment Advt. No. CRPD/PO/2016-17/19
Total No. of Vacancies: 2313
Post Name: Probationary Officers
State Bank of India PO Vacancy Details Category Wise:-
|SBI PO 2017 Vacancies (Incl. Backlog Vacancies)|
|SBI PO Recruitment 2017 Backlog Vacancies|
Job Category: Central Govt Banking Sector Jobs
Job Placement: Anywhere in India
IMPORTANT DATES :-
|Online Registration Dates||07th February to 06th March 2017|
|Dates to Edit Application Form||07th February to 06th March 2017|
|Dates to Pay Application Fees||07th February to 06th March 2017|
|Prelims Call Letter Download Dates||15th April 2017 onward|
|Online Preliminary Exam Dates||29th & 30th April and 06th & 07th May 2017|
|Preliminary Results Date||17th May 2017|
|Online Main Exam Admit Card Dates||22nd May 2017 onward|
|Main Examination Date||04th June 2017|
|Mains Result Declaration Date||19th June 2017|
|Interview Call Letter Availability||26th June 2017|
|Dates for GD & Interview||10th July 2017 onward|
|Final Result Release Date||05th August 2017|
|Pre-Examination Training (PET) Dates for SC/ST Applicants|
|Pre-Exam Training Call Letter Download Dates||07th April 2017 onward|
|PET Exam Dates||17th to 22nd April 2017|
(A) Essential Academic Qualifications (AS ON 01.07.2017) : Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the Final year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 01.07.2017. Candidates having integrated dual degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 01.07.2017. Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply.
(B) Age Limitation (cutoff date 01st April’17):
- The General category applicants must have their age above 21 years and below 30 years.
- For Reserved category aspirants, upper age relaxation will be applicable as per Reservation Rules and Regulations of Central Government.
- SC (Scheduled Caste)/ ST (Scheduled Tribe) – 05 years
- Ex-Serviceman – 05 years
- Persons Ordinarily domiciled of J&K State – 05 years
- OBC (Other Backward Classes – NCL) – 03 years
- PWD (Persons With Disabilities) – 15 years
- SC/ST – 15 years
- OBC – 13 years
- GEN – 10 years
APPLICATION/EXAMINATION FEE (Non-Refundable):
- Unreserved (UR) & Other Backward Class (OBC) – Rs. 600/- (six hundred rupees)
- Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and other reserved categories – Rs. 100/- (one hundred rupees)
Note : Deposit your fee through Payment Gateway, Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking and other online options available for payment.
- Presently, the starting basic pay is Rs. 27,620/- (with 4 advance increments) in the scale of Rs.23700-980/7- 30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I.
- The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A/Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time.
- The total compensation per annum on CTC basis would be a minimum of Rs. 7.93 lacs and maximum of Rs 12.95 lacs depending on place of posting and other factors.
- SBI plans to offer, subject to necessary approvals, a SMART Compensation Package which would enable candidates a choice to monetize specific elements of the salary package.
SELECTION PROCEDURE :
The selection committee will hire best contestants by testing their ability and potential through the following exams:-
- Preliminary Examination (Phase-I)
- Prelims will have Objective Tests for 100 marks.
- It will be conducted online for 01 hour time duration consisting of 03 sections.
- Mains Examination (Phase-II)
- The mains will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks.
- The Objective and Descriptive Tests will be through online modes.
- The time duration for an Objective test will be 02 hours while 03 minutes for a Descriptive test.
- Group Exercises & Personal Interview (Phase-III)
- The Group exercises will carry total 20 marks & Interview 30 marks,
- Document Verification (if necessary)
- Medical Test
Final Selection of Candidates: The marks obtained in Phase-I Examination will not be added for the selection. For a preparation of the final merit list, the marks obtained in Phase-II Examination will be added to the marks obtained in Phase-III. Every candidate will have to qualify both Phase-II and Phase-III tests separately. The board will make a selection from top merit ranked candidates in each category. The list of selected candidates will be available on the official website.
PRE-EXAMINATION TRAINING :
Bank may arrange pre-examination training at certain centres for SC/ST/Religious Minority Community candidates in consonance with the guidelines issued by Government of India. Candidates belonging to the above categories who desire to avail themselves of such training at their own cost may indicate to that effect against relevant column while applying on-line.
CALLLETTERS FOR EXAMINATION:
The candidates should download their call letter and an “acquaint yourself “booklet by entering their registration number and password / date of birth from the Bank’s website. NO HARD COPY OF THE CALL LETTER / ACQUAINTYOURSELF BOOKLETWILLBE SENTBYPOST
PROOF OF IDENTITYTO BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF EXAMINATION: The candidates must bring one photo identity proof such as passport/Adhar/PAN Card/Driving Licence/Voter’s Card/Bank Passbook with duly attested Photograph/Identity Card issued by School or college/Gazetted Officer in the official letterhead in original as well as a self-attested Photocopy thereof. The photocopy of Identity proof should be submitted along with call letter to the invigilators in the examination hall, failing which or if identity of candidates is in doubt the candidate will not be permitted to appear for the test.
BIOMETRIC VERIFICATION :
The Bank, at various stages, may capture thumb impression of the candidates in digital format for biometric verification of genuineness of the candidates. Candidate will ensure that this correct thumb impression is captured at various stages and any inconsistency will lead to rejection of the candidature.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates can apply online only from 07.02.2017 to 06.03.2017 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
GUIDELINES FOR FILLING ONLINE APPLICATION:
- Candidates will be required to register themselves online through Bank’s website www.sbi.co.in/careers or www.statebankofindia.com/careers.
- After registration candidates are required to pay the requisite application fee through online mode by using debit card/ credit card/Internet Banking.
- Helpdesk: In case of any problem in filling up the form, payment of fee/intimation charges or receipt of Admission/call letter, queries may be made at telephone no. 022-22820427 (between 11:00 AM to 06:00 PM on working days) or lodge his/her query on http://cgrs.ibps.in.
- Candidates are advised to not to forget to mention ‘Recruitment of Probationary Officers in State Bank of India-2017’ in the subject of the email.
- Pre-requisites for Applying Online : Candidates should have valid email ID which should be kept active till the declaration of results. It will help him/her in getting call letter/interview advices etc. by email.
Use the below provided link to download the SBI PO Recruitment Notification 2017 :
Keep visiting our site for more job updates. If you have any queries you can write us in the below provided box. Our team experts will sought out your queries.