South Indian Bank Limited (SIB) is one of the earliest banks in South India which came into being during the Swadeshi movement. The establishment of the bank was the fulfillment of the dreams of a group of enterprising men who joined together at Thrissur, a major town (now known as the Cultural Capital of Kerala), in the erstwhile State of Cochin to provide for the people a safe, efficient and service oriented repository of savings of the community on one hand and to free the business community from the clutches of greedy money lenders on the other by providing need based credit at reasonable rates of interest.
South Indian Bank has 839 branches, 4 service branches,45 ext.counters and 20 Regional Offices spread across more than 27 states and 3 union territories in India. It has set up 1310 ATMs and 5 Bulk Note Acceptor/Cash Deposit Machines all over India.
- First among the private sector banks in Kerala to become a scheduled bank in 1946.
- First bank in the private sector in India to open a Currency Chest in April 1992.
- First private sector bank to open a NRI branch in Jhumritalaiya November 2011.
- First bank in the private sector to start an Industrial Finance Branch in March 1993.
- First among the private sector banks in Kerala to open an overseas branch in June 1993.
- Bank in Kerala to develop an in-house, fully integrated branch automation software.
- First Kerala based bank to implement Core Banking System.
- 8th largest branch network among private sector banks in India.
The official site of South Indian Bank is www.southindianbank.com. One can get all the information about the bank i.e. Policies, Services, Career etc. by logging into this site.
WHY SOUTH INDIAN BANK
South Indian Bank provides the right opportunities for the young, ambitious and talented to flourish. The bank also provides various perks alongwith the attractive salary package. The people working in this prestigious organization will gain immense job satisfaction, and their dream of an ambitious career will be achieved.
SOUTH INDIAN BANK PROBATIONARY OFFICER RECRUITMENT 2017-18 – DETAILS
The officials of the South Indian Bank has announced that in the upcoming month they will be releasing the notification advertisement about South Indian Bank PO Recruitment 2017-18. This will provide a bright career opportunities for the job aspirants who wants to join bank sector jobs. Eligible candidates are requested to apply ONLINE through Bank’s website ‘www.southindianbank.com’. Applications through other means/ modes will not be accepted. Before the registration, candidates are requested to ensure that there is a valid email id in his/her name.
In the below section we are furnishing all the details of post i.e. eligibility, salary, selection process, how to apply etc. This will help the job aspirants to get an idea about the recruitment procedure.
Name of Post : Probationary Officer (PO)
Number of Vacancies : will be notified with the release of advertisement.
Online registration – opening from : soon to be announced
Online registration – closing on : soon to be announced
Educational Qualifications : The candidates applying for the post of Probationary Officer must possess CMA/ICWA.
Age limit :
- The age of the applicant should not be more than 28 years. Upper age limit will be relaxed by five years in the case of SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST should submit attested copy of certificate from a competent authority to prove their status in this regard as and when called for.
IBA approved pay scale of Rs. 23700– 980/7 – 30560- 1145/2 – 32850- 1310/7 – 42020 plus DA, HRA & other allowances. Eligible for performance linked incentive applicable to Scale I officers as per the scheme in vogue. Higher fitment of Basic Pay in Scale I may be considered, based on qualification, exposure & experience of the candidate.
MODE OF SELECTION :
1. Initial short listing of applications will be done by the Bank and the call letter for Written Test / GD & PI for the shortlisted candidates can be downloaded/ printed from our website.
2. Written Test/ Group Discussion & Personal Interview (Bank reserves the right to make required modifications in the selection process considering the number of applications for the post).
POSTING LOCATION :
The selected candidates an be posted anywhere in India (at the sole discretion of the Bank).
APPLICATION FEE :
- The fees for ST/ SC Category is only Rs.150
- The fees for General Category candidates is Rs.600
- Candidates can remit the application fee at any of the branches of South Indian Bank using the challan form generated after the completion of online registration by the candidate. The candidate’s copy of the payment challan authenticated by the Bank Officials will have to be preserved and is to be produced for verification, as and when called for.
EXAM PATTERN :
The Written Examination will be conducted in two tier. The online examination will be held in two phases, preliminary and main which consists of objective type questions.
Total marks of the Preliminary exam is 100 and duration is 1 hour & total marks on Main exam is 200 marks and duration is 2 hours. There will be Negative Marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Sections for prelim exam:
Sections for Mains exam
HOW TO APPLY
1) The candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills all the eligibility criteria with respect to age, educational qualifications, place of domicile etc. in respect of the post for which he/she is making the application. If the information furnished by the candidate is found to be false at later date, the selection / appointment shall be liable for termination.
2) The Candidates have to apply online only through the Bank’s website www.southindianbank.com before the due date.
3) The applicants are requested to ensure that the information filled in the Online Application Form is correct before submitting the application form.
4) Candidates will have to enter their basic details and upload the photograph and signature as per the specifications required. Copies of the photograph may be retained for use at the time of written test and interview.
5) Please note, there will be a system generated User Id (Application Ref. Id) and candidates must enter their password to login and print the application form. PLEASE NOTE DOWN THE USER ID (APPLICATION REF. ID) AND PASSWORD CAREFULLY FOR TAKING PRINT OUT OF THE CALL LETTER FOR WRITTEN TEST/ GD & PI LATER ON. An email containing details of the registration will be sent to the e-mail Id given by the candidate.
6) ) Keep a copy of the application printout for future reference.
7) Call Letters for the written examination/ GD & Interview can be downloaded / printed from the main site of bank soon after the last date for remitting application fee and will not be sent separately.
8) Please note that physical copy of the Application need not be sent to the bank.
Keep visiting our site for more job updates. If you have any queries regarding the post you can write us below. You can also share your comments with us.