Staff selection Commission every year conducts the Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Examination (CHSL) for recruitment of Group “B” & “C” posts in the various central Govt. Ministries and Departments of Govt of India. These posts consist of the job of Data Entry Operators (DEO) and Lower Division Clerks (LDC). This year (2016) also SSC is going to release the notification on 02 July 2016 for SSC CHSL Exam 2016 for recruiting eligible candidates for the post of Data Entry Operators (DEO) and Lower Division Clerks (LDC). Applicants should have passed class XII or intermediate exam or equivalent from a state or central recognized institute. Age of the Applicant must be between 18 years and 27 years as on 1 August 2016. Eligible and interested candidates can fill the form in online mode from the official site www.ssconline.nic.in. The Last date to fill the Application form is 01 August 2016. SSC CHSL Written Exam 2016 will be held on 25 September 2016, 09 October 2016, 16 October 2016. For more details read the post further.
Details of SSC CHSL Exam 2016
Name of Organization : Staff Selection Commission
Official site : www.ssc.nic.in
Name of Exam : SSC CHSL Exam 2016
Exam level : All India
Exam type : Intermediate
Posts offered : LDC, DEO
Exam mode : Online
Important Dates for SSC CHSL Exam 2016
- Release of the notification – 02nd July 2016
- Last date to fill the Application form – 01 August 2016
- Last date to pay the Application fee – 01 August 2016
- Date of examination – 25th Sept. 2016, 09th Oct. 2016 and 16th Oct. 2016
- Release of E- Admit Card – first week of September 2016
Age Limit : Candidates whose age fall in between 18 years- 27 years as on August 01, 2016 are eligible for SSC CHSL Exam 2016.
Age Relaxation : Age relaxation to candidates belonging to the reserved categories are provided according to the norms of government mentioned below :-
- SC & ST Candidates – 5 years
- OBC (Other Backward Classes) – 3 years
- PH (Physically Handicapped) – 10 years
Educational Qualification : Candidate should have passed class XII or intermediate exam or equivalent from a state or central recognized institute.
Selection Process : Selection process comprises of two parts – written examination followed by a skill test. The candidates who qualify the written examination will be called for skill test. Allotment of candidates to user departments will be made on the basis of merit. Higher the score in the written examination means better the chances of final allotment. SC, ST, OBC and PH candidates will be adjusted against the general vacancies as per their position in the merit list. Reserved vacancies will be filled separately with eligible candidates from the respective categories. In case where more than one candidate secures equal aggregates marks, a tie breaker will be applied which is as follows:
- Marks in first part of the selection process (written examination)
- Date of birth, with older candidates placed higher in the merit list
- Alphabetical order in which first names of the candidates appear
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern :
- There shall be 4 parts of the single question paper. 50 questions each would be asked from these sections.
- These parts are – General Intelligence, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness.
- Weightage of each section is 50 marks.
- Duration of the exam is 2 hours or 120 minutes.
- The Paper will consist of objective type (multiple choice questions) only.
- Questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-I, III & IV.
- There will be negative marking of ¼ marks for each wrong answer.
|1||General Intelligence (Basic Knowledge)||50||50|
|2||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||50||50|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||50||50|
|4||General Awareness (Current Affairs)||50||50|
As per the SSC CHSL 2016 Paper Pattern, This round will be conducted for the candidates who qualify the written examination. This round is qualifying in nature and it would test a candidate’s skills pertaining to the post he has applied for.
- Typing Test for LDC
Typing test will be held for those candidates who qualify in the written examination. This test will be conducted in English or Hindi. A candidate need to specify the language of typing while filling the application form. This test is qualifying in nature and would be taken on a computer, which would be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized. The candidates who opt for English medium must have a typing speed of 35 words per minute and those who opt for Hindi medium must have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- Skill Test for Data Entry Operator
Skill test will be held for those candidates would qualify in the written examination. They must maintain a data entry speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) key depressions per hour on a computer. Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on computer will be judged on the basis of correct entry of words/key depressions as per the given passage. Duration of this test will be 15 minutes. Printed matter in English language which would contain about 2000- 2200 strokes/key-depressions would be provided to each candidate.
Issue of Admit Cards : SSC CHSL 2016 Admit Card will be received by all the applicants whose application will be accepted by the Commission, through post/courier. Applicants can also download duplicate copy of the CHSL admit card from the regional website for which they have applied.
Result : On the main web portal SSC CHSL 2016 Exam will be uploade, in pdf format. Candidates who will appear in the examination needs to search their name and the roll number in the provided file. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the Paper-II.
Exam Preparation Books : Applicants should take the help of following books for preparation of CHSL Exam. The applicants can purchase thse books from Flipkart.
- SSC Solved Papers Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Data Entry Operator & Lower Division Clerk (LDC) Exam : Author/Publisher – Arihant
- SC Data Entry Operator & L D C Combined Guide 2014 : Include Solved Paper (2010-2013) : Author/Publisher – G. K. Publication
- SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2 CHSL) Guide for DEO & LDC : Author/Publisher- Disha
- SSC Mathematics Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 – Till Date (5500 + Objective Questions) : Author/Publisher – Kiran Prakashan
- SSC English Language Chapterwise Solved Papers 1997-Till Date : Author/Publisher- Kiran Prakashan
- SSC General Awareness Chapterwise Solved Papers 1997 – Till Date 7625+ Objective Questions With Explanations : Author/Publisher- Kiran Prakashan
- SSC – Graduate Level Exam Reasoning (General Intelligence & Reasoning) – Year-wise Solved Papers 1999 – 2013 : Author/Publisher- Kiran Prakashan
SSC CHSL Previous Year Question Papers : The Applicants can download the previous year question paper for SSC CHSL Exam from the link givem below :
SSC CHSL Previous paper in hindi : http://sschelp.in/gkinhindi/ssc-chsl-2015-solved-paper-in-hindi-3.html
SSC CHSL Hindi GK Question : http://sschelp.in/gkinhindi/ssc-chsl-hindi-gk-questions.html
SSC CHSL English GK Questions : http://gksea.com/QA/ssc-gk-questions-in-english.html
SSC Previous year paper : http://sschelp.in/chsl/ssc-chsl-2014-booklet-129TN7.html
Note : Candidates can also download the SSC CHSL Previous year question papers in hindi & english from the website www.sscportal.in. Candidates can also download the SSC exam Schedule Notification from the link given below.