Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an organization under Government of India with its headquarters located at New Delhi. At present it has seven Regional offices at Allahabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai, Bangalore. It also has two Sub- Regional offices at Raipur and Chandigarh. Each Regional office is headed by a Regional Director and each Sub-Regional office is headed by a Deputy Director. The important function of SSC is to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate Offices.
Every year Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts recruitment exam for the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police and CAPF – Central Armed Police Forces viz ITBP, CRPF, BSF, SSB, CISF .
Here, in this post we will provide SSC CPO SI, ASI Vacancy details. The SSC is going to release the SSC CPO SI, ASI Recruitment Notification for the year 2017. So, these details will be helpful for the youths who are going to apply for this upcoming vacancies. Through this post they will have an idea about the Application Process, Eligibility, Exam pattern, Syllabus, Cut offs, Recommended books for preparation, previous year papers, salary etc.
SSC CPO SI ASI Vacancies 2017- Details
Central Police Organization Sub Inspector Exam (CPO SI) is conducted by Staff Selection Commission on National Level to fill required number of candidates to the post of Sub-Inspectors in various Central Government Police Organizations CRPF, ITBP, CBI, SSB, CISF, BSF & SI in Delhi Police etc. Due to its National Approach job aspirants across the country who wants to join these organizations apply for this exam.
Let us discuss about the Eligibility required for SSC CPO SI recruitment 2017.
A citizen of India, or (b) a subject of Nepal, or (c) a subject of Bhutan, or (d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania ( Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Educational Qualification :-
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or equivalent
- For Delhi Police SI Post – a valid Driving License for LMV(Motor cycle and Car) on the date fixed for Physical Endurance and Standard Tests.
- All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission will be required to produce all relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets for all the three years of Graduation/ Provisional Certificate/ Certificate of Graduation as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification, failing which the candidature of such candidate will be cancelled by the Commission. The candidates who are able to prove by documentary evidence that the result of the educational qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date and he/she has been declared passed will also be considered to have met the required educational qualification.
Age Limit :-
- For the post of Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police & CAPFs and Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF is 20-25 years.
- The upper age limit for the post of Sub Inspector in CAPFs and ASI in CISF is relaxable for Central Government Civilian Employees as per extant Government order.
- Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate will be accepted by the Commission for determining the age eligibility and no subsequent request for its change will be considered.
- Sub-Inspector in CAPFs :(Central Armed Police Forces) The post carries pay scale of Rs 9300-34800 in Pay Band 2 with Grade Pay of Rs 4200 and is classified as Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial.
- Sub Inspector(Executive-Male) in Delhi Police : The post carries pay scale of Rs.9300-34800 in Pay Band 2 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4200 and is classified as Group ‘C’ by Delhi Police.
- Assistant Sub-Inspector in CISF: The post carries pay scale of Rs.5200-20200 in PB-2 with Grade Pay of Rs.2800/- and is classified as Group ‘C’.
The SSC CPO Recruitment 2017 Selection Process consists of the following stages :
- Written Test.
- Physical Endurance Test/Medical Test.
- Personal Interview.
Written Test : –
- The written test will consist of Two Papers Paper I and Paper II.
- Questions in both papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type. Questions will be set in Hindi and English in Parts A, B and C of Paper I.
- Deduction of 0.25 marks will be made for each incorrect answer marked on OMR Answer Sheet.
- Note-I: The Commission reserves the right to conduct Tier I and/or Tier II Exam in computer based mode. The Commission also reserves the right to add an additional Tier in the scheme of Examination.
- NOTE-II: Candidates are not permitted to use Mobile Phone, Calculator or any other electronic/electrical device for answering any paper (Test Booklets).
- NOTE-III: Commission will place the answer keys of Paper-I and Paper-II on its website after the examination. Objections and claims if any, received within the time limit specified while placing answer keys will be examined by the Commission with the help of experts, if necessary, and the decision of the Commission will be final.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
Paper I :
Duration – Two Hours [ 10 AM to 12 PM ]
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness2||50||50|
|Part C||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50|
|Part D||English Comprehension||50||50|
Paper II :
Only those candidates, qualified in PET/PST and found medically fit will be allowed to appear in Paper-II.
|Subject||Maximum Marks /Questions.||Duration and timing|
|English language & Comprehension||200 marks/200 questions||Two Hours (2.00 PM to 4.00PM)|
A. General Intelligence & Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non- verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc. The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number 9 Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/pattern-folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern- folding and completion, Indexing Address matching, Date & city matching Classification of centre codes/roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other subtopics if any.
B. General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates’ general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, scientific Research etc.
C. Quantitative Aptitude: The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit & Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time & work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
D. English Comprehension: Candidates’ ability to understand Correct English, his basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
English Language & Comprehension : Questions in this components will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of English Language and will be based on error recognition, filling in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc), Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words, comprehension etc.
PHYSICAL ENDURENCE TEST (PET) / PHYSICAL STANDARD TEST (PST)
Only those candidates, who have scored above the cut off marks fixed by the Commission in Paper I would be required to appear in the Physical Endurance Test/Medical examination. The Physical Endurance Test and Physical Standard Test is Mandatory for all posts which is as follows –
Physical Standard for Male candidates
|SN||Category of candidates||Height||Chest (unexpanded)||Chest (expanded)|
|1||For male candidates only (General)||170 cm||80 cm||85 cm|
|2||For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas. Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States, and Sikkim||165 cm||80 cm||85 cm|
|3||For all candidates who are is belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5 cm||77 cm||82 cm|
Physical Standard for female candidates
|SN||Category of candidates||Height||Chest (unexpanded)||Chest (expanded)|
|1||For Female candidates only General||157 cm||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
|2||For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas. Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States, and Sikkim||155 cm||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
|3||For all candidates who are belonging to Scheduled Tribes or ST||154 cm||Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
Physical Efficiency (Endurance) Test (PET):
Candidates will have to undergo the following test during the endurance test. It is essential for the candidates to qualify the following test:
|SN||For Male Candidates||For Female Candidates|
|1||100 meters race in 16 seconds||100 meters race in 18 seconds|
|2||1.6 kilometers run in 6.5 minutes||800 meters race in 4mints|
|3||Long Jump: 3.65mtr in 3 chances||Long Jump: 2.7m (9 feet) in 3 chances|
|4||High Jump: 1.2m in 3 chances||Long Jump: 2.7m (9 feet) in 3 chances|
|5||Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5m in 3 chances|
Weight: Corresponding to height for all posts.
Medical standard (For all posts):
- Eye Sight : The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of two eyes without correction i.e. without wearing of glasses.
- The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess high colour vision.
- They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
SSC SI & ASI EXAM PAPER-1 CUT OFF/ MERIT LIST (Expected)
|CUT OFF MARKS||63.25||59.25||70.00||40.00||85.00|
FINAL CUT OFF MARKS OF PAPER-I FOR FEMALE CANDIDATE (Expected)
|CUT OFF MARKS||61.00||54.00||68.00||81.50|
HOW TO APPLY FOR SSC CPO SI RECRUITMENT 2017
- All applications must be submitted online only from the official site www.ssc.nic.in.
- All candidates who apply in response to the advertisement released by the CLOSING DATE will be assigned Roll numbers which will be placed on the website of the concerned Regional Office at least two weeks before the date of the examination.
- A candidate must write his/her Roll number along with his/her name, date of birth and name of the examination while addressing any communication to the concerned regional office of the Commission. Communication from the candidate not furnishing these particulars shall not be entertained.
- Admission Certificates (ACs) for the Examination indicating the time table and also venues of examination for each candidate will be placed on the website of the concerned Regional Office at least two weeks before the date of examination. It will not be sent by post.
- If any candidate is unable to download his admission certificate for the examination one week before the date of examination, he/she must immediately contact the concerned regional/sub regional office(s) of the commission with details such as registration id, transaction id of SBI, copy of challan etc. for obtaining the admission certificates. Failure to do so will deprive him/her of any claim for consideration.
- The photographs used by the candidates must be a recent, relaxed face, colour picture, against a light- coloured, preferably white, background.
- Candidates should bring 3 passport size photographs for affixing it in the Commission’s copy of Admission Certificate in the presence of Invigilator, if required. Candidates not carrying photographs will not be allowed to appear in the examination. Candidate are advised to keep 10 copies of the same photograph, which was uploaded/affixed in the application form, with them till the completion of entire examination process to facilitate easy identification.
Note : For the exact details the candidates are advised to visit the official site of Commission.
Keep connected to our site. We will always update you about the latest recruitments in various sectors. If you have any queries you can write us in the below provided box.