The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) of India conducts the Central Police organisation (Sub-Inspectors) Exam acronym as CPO(S.I) on National level to fill required number of candidates to the post of Sub Inspectors in various Central Government Police Organisations like CRPF, ITBP, CBI, SSB, CISF, BSF and SI in Delhi Police etc. For the recruitment Of eligible candidates SSC always releases notification and invites application from the dynamic candidates. This year also 9th Jan, 2016 SSC released an employment notification for SSC SI CPO Post. The eligibility criteria for appearing in SSC SI & ASI exam is that the prospective candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University. The age limit for the candidates must be within 20 to 25 years of age. However for the candidates who belong to the reserved category, the age limit has been relaxed up to 27 years as per the rules of Government of India. For the recruitment process SSC conducts written examination, physical efficiency test and at last interview process. Below we have mentioned the links through which the candidates can download the previous papers and can have an idea about the examination. And it will prove helpful fo the candidates to crack SSC SI CPO written examination.
Details of SSC SI CPO Exam 2016
Name of Organization : Staff Selection Commission
Official site : www.ssc.nic.in
Name of Exam : SSC SI CPO Exam 2016
CPO (SI) Exam 2016 Important dates
- Date of advertisement/Notification : 9th Jan, 2016
- Last Date for Filing up of the Application Form : 5th Feb, 2016
- Date of Exam : 3rd Mar, 2016——-Paper 1
: 5th Jun, 2016——-Paper 2
SSC SI Exam Eligibility Criteria 2016
- Nationality : Candidate should be an Indian Citizen.
- Qualification: The eligibility criteria for appearing in SSC SI & ASI exam for the year of 2016 is that the prospective candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University.
- Age Limit: The age limit for the candidates must be within 20 to 25 years of age. However for the candidates who belong to the reserved category, the age limit has been relaxed up to 27 years as per the rules of Government of India.
Physical Standard for SSC CPO –(For Male Candidates)
|General candidates||170 cm||80 cm||85 cm|
|candidates from hill areas Garhwal , Kumaon , Himanchal Pradesh , Gorkhas , Dogras , Marathas , Kashmir Valley , Leh & Ladakh , North Eastern states and Sikkim.||165 cm||80 cm||85 cm|
|SC & ST candidates||162.5 cm||77 cm||82 cm|
For Female Candidates
|General candidates||157 cm|
|candidates from hill areas Garhwal , Kumaon , Himanchal Pradesh , Gorkhas , Dogras , Marathas , Kashmir Valley , Leh & Ladakh , North Eastern states and Sikkim.||155 cm|
|SC & ST Candidates||154 cm|
SSC CPO (SI ASI) Written Exam Pattern
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allowed
||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|| 2 Hrs
10:00am to 12:00pm
||General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|Part C||Quantative Aptitude||50||50|
|Part D||English Comprehension||50||50|
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration and Timing|
|English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hrs. 2:00pm to 4:00pm|
Note:- Paper-II is evaluated for only those candidates who qualify in Paper- I (Objective type paper).
Physical Endurance Test
After clearing Written Test Candidates need to clear Physical Efficiency (Endurance) Test (PET) consisting of following components:
For Male candidates.
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds.
- 1.6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes.
- Long Jump : 3.65 metres in 3 chances.
- High Jump : 1.2 metres in 3 chances.
- Shot put ( 16 Lbs ) : 4.5 metres in 3 chances.
For Female Candidates
- 100 metres race in 18 seconds.
- 800 metres race in 4 minutes.
- Long Jump : 2.7 metres ( 9 feet ) in 3 chances.
- High Jump : 0.9 metres ( 3 feet ) in 3 chances.
PET is followed by the last step ie Personality Test/Interview.
Links to Download SSC SI CPO Exam Previous Paper
2012 I https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B45Zt7UZ_h2oM0hDNzdIeUhZemM/view?pref=2&pli=1
2012 II https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B45Zt7UZ_h2oT2ZyZF9XbXdHbVU/view?pref=2&pli=1
Keep visiting our site regularly for more updates. Share your thoughts with us. For any queries drop comments in the comment box provided at bottom.