Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited (TMB) is a bank headquartered at Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu, India. TMB was founded in 1921 as the Nadar Bank, but changed its name to Tamilnadu Mercantile Bank in November 1962 to widen its appeal beyond the Nadar community. For the financial year 2014-2015, the bank reported a net profit of Rs 3790 million. The bank currently has 437 full branches throughout India, ten Regional offices and eleven Extension Counters, six central processing centres, one Service Branch, three Currency Chests and 911 Automated Teller Machines (ATM). The bank has been expanding its footprint all over India. The bank has won the Lokmat BFSI Best Private Sector Bank 2014-15 award. Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd., focused its attention on the customers from the very beginning and the bank is known for its personalized service. The team of management and staff members of the bank are having the practice of meeting people from various walks of life and hear their requirements on a regular basis. The bank has had a vision of extending banking service to common people of rural areas. The bank dotted more and more non-metro centers with its branches thereby extending its service area in range, variety and magnitude. Out of 451 branches, 403 branches are located at rural, semi urban & urban (non-metro) centers. Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd., is very fortunate in having dedicated employees at all levels who have been energetic and working with untiring zeal for the good growth and prosperity of the institution for the past 94 years.
OFFICIAL SITE :–
The Offficial site of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank is www.tmb.in. All the details of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank can be gained visiting this site.
LATEST RECRUITMENT NEWS :–
TMB has announced that soon they will come up with an Employment Notification as TMB Recruitment 2016 for filling up Various Posts of different designations such as Security Officer, DGM, Chief Security Officer, Clerk and many more other posts. This is a very good job opportunity for those aspirants who were searching for Bank Jobs.
WHY TAMILNAD MERCANTILE BANK :–
A Bank job are one of the most sought after jobs in India. Getting a bank job is a matter of prestige. Banking sector is going through a transience phase. With more and more technology being integrated into banks via core banking solutions, it is imperative for technically-driven youngsters to take up these entry-level jobs in banks to interact with customers in a better and efficient manner. Growth opportunities in banking sector are immense. Candidates joining as probationary officers (PO) or as clerks may have to rough it out in rural areas in the beginning, but by their fourth year, they can expect a second promotion and even rise to General Manager (GM) rank by their 15th year. Salary in a bank job is high as compared to other entry-level jobs. So, to join Tamilnad Mercantile Bank will be the best option for the Job Seeking Youths.
Tamilnad Mercantile Bank often releases vacancies of different designations. We have provided a list of some posts alongwith their eligibility.
Deputy General Manager (Integrated Treasury) : Graduate/Post Graduate in any discipline with CAIIB. A Chartered Accountant qualification is desirable. Should have exceptional experience in Money market operations, dealing in G-Sec to meet SLR obligations as well as Non-SLR securities, Dealing in Forex operations and in Integrated Treasury Operations in Public/Private Sector Bank in various cadres for about 10 years.
AGE : 50 to 60 Years
General Manager (IT) : B.E. / M.E. / B.Tech. / M.Tech. / MCA or any other IT related Qualification from IIT or any recognized university / Institution. CISA qualification will be an added advantage. Candidate should have exceptional experience in Information Technology field with at least minimum 10 years and should have had practical experience in a Bank in Core Banking environment.
AGE : 50 to 60 Years
Database Administrator (Assistant Manager) :
(1) First Class degree in B.E. / B.Tech. in Computer Science / IT / Electronics / Electrical from a reputed University. (Open University and correspondence degree are not eligible).
(2) CCNP certification with minimum 2 years Networking experience or 3/6 years experience in CISCO Routers, Firewalls and Switches is preferred. Candidates having experience in Banking & Financial Institutions / Appropriate Certification are preferred.
AGE : 35 years
Economist (Senior Manager) :
(1) A Post Graduate degree in Economics (Other than Engineering Discipline) with Mathematical Economics with minimum 55% marks and from recognized Universities (UG & PG from open Universities and Correspondence courses are not eligible).
(2) Experience – 4 years experience in the relevant field in a reputed organization.
AGE : 35 years
Statistician (Senior Manager) :
(1) A Post Graduate degree in statistics (or) Mathematics / Economics with Statistics as an ancillary subject (Other than Engineering Discipline) with minimum 55 % marks and from recognized Universities (UG & PG from open Universities and Correspondence courses are not eligible).
(2) Experience – 4 years experience in the relevant field in a reputed organization
AGE : 35 years
Probationary Asst Manager : Post Graduation degree in Commerce/ Business Administration/ Mathematics with First Class from a recognized University in regular college course with knowledge in Computer Operations.
AGE : 26 years
Clerk : Graduation or the Post Graduation degree along with the knowledge of computer applications.
AGE : For the graduates is the 24 year and for the post graduates the age which is demanded is mentioned as 26 years.
SALARY STRUCTURE :–
Salary depends on the designation of Post.
DGM (Integrated Treasury) : Rs.48,000/- pm. and DA for Rs.49,176 and other perquisites available to regular DGMs.
GM (Information Technology) : Rs.53,000/- and DA for Rs.54,605/- and other perquisites available to regular GMs+Special allowance of Rs.10,000/- pm.
Credit Officers (Manager) : Manager (Scale II) Rs. 4,71,303/- p.a.
Database Administrator (Assistant Manager) : Assistant Manager (Scale I) Rs. 3,52,263/- p.a.
Network Administrator (Assistant Manager / Manager) : Assistant Manager (Scale I) Rs. 3,52,263/- p.a. / Manager (Scale II) Rs. 4,71,303/- p.a.
Economist & Statistician (Senior Manager) : Senior Manager (Scale III) Rs. 6,24,355/- p.a.
Clerk : Rs.7200-400/3-8400-500/3-9900-600/4-12300-700/7-17200-1300/1-18500-800/2-20100/-
The emoluments during the period of probation will be Basic Pay of Rs. 8000/- plus applicable DA
SELECTION PROCESS :–
- Online Test
- Group Discussion
EXAM PATTERN :–
- The questions have a problem followed by multiple-choices (as answers). You need to read and solve the problem and mark the most appropriate choice.
- The steps involved in solving the questions do not give you marks. You get marks only if you mark the correct option. Also, if you mark more than one option, you do not get marks.
- You get penalized if you mark the wrong answer.
- Each section in the test may have a separate cut-off. You need to get some minimum marks in each section to qualify for the next stage of the bank recruitment process.
- There is no fixed syllabus for such exams. While the broad areas from which questions can be asked are known, no question is generally considered “out-of-syllabus”. You have to keep this in mind and prepare for aptitude tests. However, you can identify the most common areas by solving previous year question papers(or sample papers) and taking sufficient mock tests.
- Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation – school level maths, basic charts and tables
- Logical Reasoning – puzzles, analytical and critical reasoning
- English Language – school level grammar, English comprehension
- General Awareness – GK and current affairs
- Computer Awareness – computers, applications, internet
WHO CAN APPLY :–
Candidates fulfilling all the eligibility criteria as mentioned in the notification can aply for the vacancies released by TMB.
HOW TO PREPARE :–
Candidates can take the help of exam pattern for their preparation. Nowadays many coaching centres are providing Bank Coachings. Candidates can join these Coaching centres for their preparation for bank exams. There are various books available in the Book store for Bank Preparation Exams. Candidates can also take the help of these books. We have mentioned the names of some books below :
Quantitative Aptitude Made Easy by Ramandeep Singh
A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Aggarwal
Logical Reasoning by Nishit Sinha
Objective English for Competitive Examination by Hari Mohan Prasad & Uma Rani Sinha
MCQs ON Computer by Alik Kumar
Banking Awareness by Arihant
HOW TO APPLY FOR TMB RECRUITMENTS :–
- Log on to tmb.in
- Click on “Recruitment /career” on the top of home page
- Click on Click here to register
- Fill the application form and submit
- Download and take print copy of it
- Candidate should send the e-application along with DD and relevant documents to the given address on or before the last date.
NOTE :– Candidates are advised to read the recruitment notice properly before applying. Keep in touch with our site for more job updates.