Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited (TMB) was founded in 1921 as the Nadar Bank, but changed its name to Tamilnad Mercantile Bank in November 1962 to widen its appeal beyond the Nadar community. The bank has its headquarter at Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu, India. Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd., focused its attention on the customers from the very beginning and the bank is known for its personalized service. The team of management and staff members of the bank are having the practice of meeting people from various walks of life and hear their requirements on a regular basis. The bank has 500 full fledged branches all over India, 12 Regional Offices, 11 Extension Counters, 6 Central Processing Centres, 1 Service Branch, 4 Currency Chests and 1057 Automated Teller Machines. All the 500 branches are computerised and interconnected. Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd., is the only bank in India declaring consistently higher rate of dividend to its shareholders from the very beginning.
TMB was rated as the fastest growing Private Sector Bank continuously for the five years from 2010 to 2015. It was also rated as the Best Bank in the years 2013, 2014 and 2015, due to its robust growth. During the years of 2015 and 2016 it did total business of 529 billion rupees. The bank has won the Lokmat BFSI Best Private Sector Bank 2014-15 award.
The official website of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank is www.tmb.in. Candidates can apply for the latest recruitment which are coming up in the bank. Candidates can download the admit card from this site. They can even download the sample papers from the official website of the bank. They can also apply for the latest schemes and products which are offered by the bank to its customer’s. They can also apply for the loan from the official website.
WHY JOIN TAMILNAD MERCANTILE BANK?
A Bank job are one of the most sought after jobs in India. Getting a bank job is a matter of prestige. Growth opportunities in banking sector are immense. Salary in a bank job is high as compared to other entry-level jobs. In addition to the salary the employees of the banks also receives other benefits such as bonus, house rent allowances, medical allowance etc. So, it is better to be a part of this outstanding team and family of TMB and grow to greater heights.
TAMILNAD MERCANTILE BANK RECRUITMENT 2017
TMB has announced that soon they will come up with an Employment Notification as TMB Recruitment 2017 for filling up Various Posts of different designations such as Security Officer, DGM, Chief Security Officer, Clerk and many more other posts. This is a very good job opportunity for those aspirants who were searching for Bank Jobs. In this article we have provided a list of some posts alongwith their eligibility.
Nationality : Indian
Deputy General Manager (Integrated Treasury)
Qualification : Graduate/Post Graduate in any discipline with CAIIB. A Chartered Accountant qualification is desirable. Should have exceptional experience in Money market operations, dealing in G-Sec to meet SLR obligations as well as Non-SLR securities, Dealing in Forex operations and in Integrated Treasury Operations in Public/Private Sector Bank in various cadres for about 10 years.
Age : 50 to 60 Years
General Manager (IT)
Qualification : B.E. / M.E. / B.Tech. / M.Tech. / MCA or any other IT related Qualification from IIT or any recognized university / Institution. CISA qualification will be an added advantage. Candidate should have exceptional experience in Information Technology field with at least minimum 10 years and should have had practical experience in a Bank in Core Banking environment.
Age : 50 to 60 Years
Database Administrator (Assistant Manager)
(1) First Class degree in B.E. / B.Tech. in Computer Science / IT / Electronics / Electrical from a reputed University. (Open University and correspondence degree are not eligible).
(2) CCNP certification with minimum 2 years Networking experience or 3/6 years experience in CISCO Routers, Firewalls and Switches is preferred. Candidates having experience in Banking & Financial Institutions / Appropriate Certification are preferred.
Age : 35 years
Economist (Senior Manager)
(1) A Post Graduate degree in Economics (Other than Engineering Discipline) with Mathematical Economics with minimum 55% marks and from recognized Universities (UG & PG from open Universities and Correspondence courses are not eligible).
(2) Experience – 4 years experience in the relevant field in a reputed organization.
Age : 35 years
Statistician (Senior Manager)
(1) A Post Graduate degree in statistics (or) Mathematics / Economics with Statistics as an ancillary subject (Other than Engineering Discipline) with minimum 55 % marks and from recognized Universities (UG & PG from open Universities and Correspondence courses are not eligible).
(2) Experience – 4 years experience in the relevant field in a reputed organization
Age : 35 years
Probationary Asst Manager
Qualification : Post Graduation degree in Commerce/ Business Administration/ Mathematics with First Class from a recognized University in regular college course with knowledge in Computer Operations.
Age : 26 years
Qualification : Graduation or the Post Graduation degree along with the knowledge of computer applications.
Age : For the graduates is the 24 year and for the post graduates the age which is demanded is mentioned as 26 years.
SALARY STRUCTURE :–
Salary depends on the designation of Post.
DGM (Integrated Treasury) : Rs.48,000/- pm. and DA for Rs.49,176 and other perquisites available to regular DGMs.
GM (Information Technology) : Rs.53,000/- and DA for Rs.54,605/- and other perquisites available to regular GMs+Special allowance of Rs.10,000/- pm.
Credit Officers (Manager) : Manager (Scale II) Rs. 4,71,303/- p.a.
Database Administrator (Assistant Manager) : Assistant Manager (Scale I) Rs. 3,52,263/- p.a.
Network Administrator (Assistant Manager / Manager) : Assistant Manager (Scale I) Rs. 3,52,263/- p.a. / Manager (Scale II) Rs. 4,71,303/- p.a.
Economist & Statistician (Senior Manager) : Senior Manager (Scale III) Rs. 6,24,355/- p.a.
Clerk : Rs.7200-400/3-8400-500/3-9900-600/4-12300-700/7-17200-1300/1-18500-800/2-20100/-
The emoluments during the period of probation will be Basic Pay of Rs. 8000/- plus applicable DA.
SELECTION PROCESS :–
- Online Test
- Group Discussion
EXAM PATTERN :–
- The questions have a problem followed by multiple-choices (as answers). You need to read and solve the problem and mark the most appropriate choice.
- The steps involved in solving the questions do not give you marks. You get marks only if you mark the correct option. Also, if you mark more than one option, you do not get marks.
- You get penalized if you mark the wrong answer.
- Each section in the test may have a separate cut-off. You need to get some minimum marks in each section to qualify for the next stage of the bank recruitment process.
- There is no fixed syllabus for such exams. While the broad areas from which questions can be asked are known, no question is generally considered “out-of-syllabus”. You have to keep this in mind and prepare for aptitude tests. However, you can identify the most common areas by solving previous year question papers(or sample papers) and taking sufficient mock tests.
- Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation – school level maths, basic charts and tables
- Logical Reasoning – puzzles, analytical and critical reasoning
- English Language – school level grammar, English comprehension
- General Awareness – GK and current affairs
- Computer Awareness – computers, applications, internet
BOOKS FOR PREPARATION OF BANK EXAMS
Nowadays there are many books available at the book stores and online stores for the bank exams preparations. There are many books which have the previous years papers of bank exams. With the help of these books the candidates will have the knowledge of question paper which might can come in the exams. These books are the best tool for bank exam preparation.
Here, we are providing the names of some books to help the candidates :-
Quantitative Aptitude Made Easy by Ramandeep Singh
A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Aggarwal
Logical Reasoning by Nishit Sinha
Objective English for Competitive Examination by Hari Mohan Prasad & Uma Rani Sinha
MCQs ON Computer by Alik Kumar
Banking Awareness by Arihant
HOW TO APPLY
- Log on to tmb.in
- Click on “Recruitment /career” on the top of home page
- Click on Click here to register
- Fill the application form and submit
- Download and take print copy of it
- Candidate should send the e-application along with DD and relevant documents to the given address on or before the last date.
NOTE :– Candidates are advised to read the recruitment notice properly before applying. Keep in touch with our site for more job updates. If you have any queries you can write us in the below provided box. We will try our best to sought out you queries.