Uttar Pradesh Police or U.P. Police was formed in 1863 as the Office of the Inspector General of Police, Uttar Pradesh under the Police Act of 1861. It is the law enforcement agency of the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh headquartered in Allahabad. Uttar Pradesh has the distinction of being the largest single Police force not only in the country but of the entire world. The Uttar Pradesh Police is headed by Director General of Police (DGP) S. Javeed Ahmed, IPS of 1984 Batch. The DGP commands a force of approx. 2.5 Lacs aprox. personnel spread over 75 districts, 33 armed Battalions and other specialised wings/ branches relating to Intelligence, Investigation, Anti-corruption, Technical, Training, Forensic Science etc. This UP police department keep the law and order in UP State.
Recently Uttar Pradesh Police has revealed a Recruitment notification for filling 3789 posts of Jail Warder (Male & Female) and Fireman. This is a very good job opportunity for the job seekers. Eligible candidates have to apply online from the official website of UP Police on or before the due date which is 30/01/2017. Below we have furnished all the details of the recruitment i.e eligibility criteria, selection process etc, how to apply. Candidates must read the details and if they possess the eligibility conditions can apply for the recruited posts.
Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment 2017-Apply Online
The Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment & Promotion Board has released a Recruitment Notification for those Aspirants who were seeking for UP Police Government Job. According to official notification the application form release to 3789 Jail Warder and Fireman post. All applicants those are eligible and have education qualification, age limitation, selection process, application fee, and vacant important dates now they can register UP Police Jail Warder Vacancy Application Form.
Details of Recruitment
Name of Department : Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment & Promotion Board
Official Site : www.uppolice.gov.in
Job Category : Government Job
Job Location : Uttar Pradesh
Mode to Submission Application Form : Online
Total Number of Posts : 3789
Name of Posts-
- Fireman : 1478 Posts
- Jail Warder (Male): 1759 Posts
- Jail Warder (Female): 552 Posts
Important Dates :
- Starting Date of UP Police Online Registration: 21st December 2016
- Last Date of UP Police Online Registration: 30th January 2017
- Last Date of UP Police Application Fee Submission: 1st February 2017
- Last Date to Submit UP Police Application Form: 4th February 2017
- UP Police Fireman Post Exam Date – Will be Released Soon
- UP Police Jail Warder Post Examination Date – Will be Released Soon
- UP Police Physical Test Date – Will be Released Soon
- UP Police Medical Test Date – Will be Released Soon
- UP Police Fireman and Jail warder Result declaration Date – Will be Released Soon
Pay Scale : Rs. 5200-20200/- + GP of Rs. 1800-2000/-
Candidate must be either a:
- citizen of India or
- subject of Nepal or
- subject of Bhutan or
- Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with intention of permanently settling in India or
- person of Indian origin who migrate from Uganda, Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with intention of permanently settling in India.
- Candidate belonging to categories (II), (III), (IV) & (V) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India.
Educational Qualification :
(i) For Jail Warder Post (Male) : Aspirants must be 10th / 12th passed from well recognized Board/ University/ Institute according to post.
(ii) For Jail Warder Post (Female) : Aspirants must be 10th / 12th passed from well recognized Board/ University/ Institute according to post.
(iii) For Fireman Post : Candidates must have completed the Intermediate (10+2) from the UP Board or equivalent.
Additional Qualification (for all posts : The candidates applying for the recruited posts must possess ‘O’ level certificate from DOEACC/NIELIT.
The candidate must have served in PRADESHIK SENA for two years.
The candidates must possess ‘B’ Certificate in NCC.
Age limit :
- For Jail Warder Male posts : The candidate’s age should be between 18 to 22 Years as on 01-07-2016.
- For Jail Warder Female Posts : The candidate’s age should be between 18 to 25 Years as on 01-07-2016.
- For Fireman Posts : 18 to 25 Years as on 01-07-2016.
- Reservation in upper age limit for reserved categories shall be as per recruiting organization norms.
Selection Process :
First of all the merit list will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in qualifying examination (10th & 12th class score card) and after that selected candidateswill be invited for Physical Test.
Merit List Calculation :-
|Particular||Max. Marks to be given|
|High School (10th) Marks||100|
|Intermediate (12th) Marks||200|
High School (10th) Marks Calculation –
Maximum 100 marks shall be awarded on the basis of marks(%) obtained in 10th class. Marks equal to percentage in 10th will be given.
– For example, if a candidates have 62.56% in class 10th then 62.56 marks out of 100 will be given to him/her.
Intermediate (12th) Marks Calculation –
Maximum 200 marks shall be awarded on the basis of class 12th marks(%). Marks equal to twice of percentage in 12th class will be given.
– For example, if a candidates have 73.45% in class 12th then 146.90(2×73.45) marks out of 200 will be given to him/her.
Note- Candidates having Grade/CGPA/OGPA in their 10th or 12th marksheet instead of percentage. Percentage is to be calculated against grade points as per the instructions of that education Board.
► After that, a merit list will be prepared of 300 marks by adding marks made from 10th & 12th basis.
Race Marks Calculation : –
Male 4.8 KMs
17 minutes or less – 200
17 minutes 15 seconds – 198
17 minutes 30 seconds – 196
17 minutes 45 seconds – 194
………..2 marks less with every 15 seconds
26 minutes 30 seconds – 124
26 minutes 45 seconds – 122
27 minutes – 120
Female 2.4 KMs :-
11 minutes or less – 200
11 minutes 15 seconds – 196
11 minutes 30 second – 192
11 minutes 45 second – 188
………..4 marks less with every 15 seconds
15 minutes 30 seconds – 128
15 minutes 45 seconds – 124
16 minutes – 120
Candidates are advised to be on Time & date for the PST/ PET. Any absent candidate will be disqualified.
Physical Standard Test (PST) :-
It is test of candidates physical norms such as Height, Chest & Weight. Candidate have to attain these physical norms otherwise their candidature will cancel. Norms of Height, Chest & Weight are given below:-
Height:- Minimum Standards for Heights are as follows:-
|General/ OBC/ SC||168 cm||152 cm|
|ST Candidates||160 cm||147 cm|
Chest : Chest for Male candidate is as follows:-
- General/ OBC/ SC – 79-84 cm (Minimum 5 cm expansion is required)
- ST Candidates – 77-82 cm (Minimum 5 cm expansion is required)
Weight : Weight for female candidate is as follows:-
|General/ OBC/ SC/ ST||Minimum 40 Kg.||Not Applicable|
How to Apply for UP Police Recruitment 2017
- Firstly, candidates need to visit the official website of Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotional Board which is – www.prpb.gov.in
- Read the official notification of UP Police Vacancies 2017.
- After that, Click on the ‘Candidate Registration.
- Enter all the required and important details properly.
- Make payment for UP Police application fee.
- Fill other details and Upload your photograph and Signature in appropriate place provided.
- Submit the filled UP Police 2017 online application form.
- Save and Take printout of application from for future references.
Candidates need to check the Official Link of the UP Police website for acquiring more details related to this job notification. Keep visiting our site regularly to collect up-to-date information regarding latest Recruitments 2017 – 2018. You can also share your comments with us.