Vijaya Bank is a medium-sized public sector bank with their branches all over Indiawas. It was founded on 23rd October 1931 by late Shri A.B.Shetty and other enterprising farmers in Mangalore, Karnataka. The objective of the founders was essentially to promote banking habit, thrift and entrepreneurship among the farming community of Dakshina Kannada district in Karnataka State. The bank became a scheduled bank in 1958. Vijaya Bank steadily grew into a large All India bank, with nine smaller banks merging with it during the 1963-68. The credit for this merger as well as growth goes to late Shri Mulki Sunder Ram Shetty, the then the Chief Executive of the bank. The bank was nationalised on 15th April 1980.
Vijaya Bank offers a bouquet of innovative and attractive products and services to the customers. Vijaya Bank also incorporated the latest technology to provide the best services to its customers. The Bank offers several technology products, such as, ATMs, Cash Deposit Machines, Debit and Credit cards, internet banking, Mobile Banking, Tab Banking, e-Passbook, Mobile Wallet, Funds transfer through RTGS and NEFT etc. All Branches / offices are under RTGS / NEFT. The Bank also offers RuPay cards to its customers.
Vijaya Bank today is a PAN India Institution, serving diverse sectors of the society. The bank has built a network of 2030 branches, 13 Extension Counters and 1865 ATMs as on 31.12.2016 that span across all States and Union Territories in the country.
The official website of Vijaya Bank is www.vijayabank.com. All the details of bank and schemes offered by the banks can be gained by visiting this site. Candidates can check all the latest recruitment in the official website. They can apply online and can download there admit cards from the official website.
WHY TO JOIN VIJAYA BANK ?
Banking is nowadays has become the best career options for the youths. Vijaya Bank is a very fast emerging bank in public sector. Employees in the Bank will be able to perform well when they are truly engaged and feel one with the organisation. The bank works not just to engage the workforce but it also aim at bringing the family into the fold. The Bank has a rigorous procedure for learning and development and maintains that the employees are developed holistically during their tenure at the Bank. Vijaya bank provides all the employee benefits such as medical,pension and even the loan facility.
VIJAYA BANK RECRUITMENT 2017-APPLY ONLINE
Vijaya Bank is one of India’s fastest growing public sector banks with an expanding presence across the country. The bank has more than thousand branches spread across the country so it is constantly looking for talented and motivated new employees who can attribute to the success of the company. Every year various recruitments notifications is released by RBL Bank inviting online applications from the eligible contenders for various posts.
In this article we are furnishing all the details of recruitments, age, qualification, selection procedure, pay scale, how to apply etc.
- CA (Chartered Accountant), MBA/ PGDM
- B.Com. (Commerce)
- Experience of 6-8 years
Age : 35 years
- In High School : Minimum of 60 % marks
- In Intermediate : Minimum of 60% Marks
- Graduation: Pass in Graduation under 10+2+3/4 regular course with more than 55% marks for science graduates and 50% marks in the case of Arts/other graduates. .
Age : Between 20 to 28 years.
Probationary Manager (Security)
Qualification: Candidates should have pass in any Degree from a recognised University.
Age : Between 20 – 45 years
Probationary Manager (Rajbhasa)
Qualification : Post Graduation Degree in Hindi with English as a subject at the Degree (Graduation) Level or Post Graduation Degree in Sanskrit with English and Hindi as a subject at the Degree (Graduation) Level.
Age : Between 20 to 35 years.
Probationary Manager (Law)
Qualification : BL (LLB) (Regular Full Time) from a recognised University for with relevant experience.
Age : Between 20 to 35 years.
FOR CHIEF MANAGER: Salary given to chief manager in Vijaya bank is very attractive and they are paid paid the basic pay ranging between Rs. 4.5 Lakh – Rs. 7.30 Lakh yearly. Chief Manager is also entitled to allowances and perks.
FOR ASSISTANT MANAGER: Salary paid to assistant manager is between Rs. 2.52 Lakh – Rs. 4.2 Lakh with an annual average of 3.36 Lakh.
SALARY OF PROBATIONARY OFFICER :
|Particulars||Tier 1 City||Tier 2 City||Tier 3 City|
|Dearness Allowance (99.99%)||Rs.14458.50||Rs.14458.50||Rs.14458.50|
|CCA (4% Max = Rs. 540)||Rs.540||Rs.375||NIL|
|HRA (Major class cities – 8.5% Other places in Area I -7.5% Other places – 6.5%)||Rs.1232.50||Rs.1087||Rs. 942.50|
SALARY OF CLERK: The salary of clerk ranges between Rs. 7,200 – Rs. 19,300 per month. Clerk is also given increments yearly and they are also entitled to several incentives as well.
Note : DA, HRA, CCA will be paid as per rules of the Bank in force from time to time depending upon the place of posting. Medical Aid, Hospitalization Scheme, Leave Fare Concession, retirement benefits and other perquisites will be admissible as per Bank’s rules.
For Clerk and Probationary Officer (PO)
(I) Selection will be based on Aptitude Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview or any other mode of selection to be decided by the Bank. The process will be conducted in various centers depending upon the number of candidates. The Bank reserves the right to allot the candidate any of the centers other than the one opted for by him, to advance/ postpone / reschedule the interview dates and/ or to add or delete or modify/ change the centre and venues and/ or cancel the selection process on account of technical or administrative exigencies or any other reason.
(II) Only the short-listed candidates will be called for the second phase of selection process consisting of Group Discussion (GD) & Personal Interview (PI). The short-listing of the candidates will be made on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the Aptitude Test. The Bank reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates for GD & PI, after shortlisting as aforesaid.
Test pattern : The online aptitude test will consists of 5 sections as given below :
- Logic and Reasoning Skills
- English Language Skills
- Quantitative/Numerical ability
- General and Financial Awareness
- Computer Knowledge
Note : There will be negative marks at the rate of 0.25 for wrong answers. The qualifying criteria will be decided by the Bank as per its selection / recruitment policy. Online Aptitude Test will be followed by a Psychometric test for a maximum duration of 30 minutes.
TIPS TO PREPARE FOR EXAM
The candidates who are going to apply for the Vijaya Bank vacancies have to follow the below mentioned tips to crack the exam –
1) English language – Out here, you have to focus specifically on four aspects: Vocabulary, grammar, English usage and reading. Reading comprehension and vocabulary are generally interlinked as synonyms and antonyms asked in the exam are from the passage itself.
2) Numerical ability/ quant aptitude – Within quant, the most important aspects are arithmetic and data interpretation. The questions based on simplification and numerical series also have significant weightage. Besides that, mensuration too accounts for a couple of questions.
3) Reasoning ability – Puzzle test, mathematical inequalities, syllogisms, seating arrangement, blood relations, coding-decoding and input-output are the key topics in this area.
However, logical reasoning questions such as: Statement-assumption, statement-argument, statement-course of action and statement-conclusion must not be neglected as well.
4) Computer knowledge – To comprehensively cover all the questions from this area you should study (a) keyboard shortcuts (b) software packages and usage (c) cyber security and security tools (d) abbreviations and acronyms (e) networking fundamentals (f) history of computers and programming languages (g) internet knowledge and protocols (h) basic computer terminology (i) computer hardware.
5) General and banking/ financial awareness – The syllabus of this area generally seems vague to most candidates. However, preparing yourself to handle questions based on the following topics will be of maximum benefit.
(a) New appointments and who is who (b) prizes and awards (c) international summits /conferences (d) government welfare schemes and initiatives (e) sports tournaments (f) science and technology projects (g) books and authors (h) international organisations
Banking/ financial awareness
(a) Fiscal and monetary policy announcements (b) macroeconomic indicators (c) Indian banking system (d) regulatory framework (e) banking and financial terms (f) financial market developments (g) banking operations
IMPORTANT BOOKS FOR BANK EXAMS
Here we are providing a list of some books which will be helpful for the candidates who are preparing to apply for Bank Jobs.
- Comprehensive Guide to IBPS-CWE Bank PO/MT Prelim + Main Exam by Disha Publications
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination Paperback by Abhijit Guha
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by RS Aggrawal
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Aggarwal
- Logical Reasoning by Nishit Sinha
- Objective English for Competitive Examination by Hari Mohan Prasad & Uma Rani Sinha
- MCQs ON Computer by Alik Kumar
- Banking Awareness by Arihant
- Book for full length tests : IBPS Bank PO/MT CWE Common Written Examination Practice Work Book : Kiran Prakashan
HOW TO APPLY
I) Search for Open Positions : Visit Vijaya Bank career site and search for the available job openings.
II) Applying for Jobs : Once the search is complete, a list of jobs available in Vijaya bank`s branches across India along with the Location,Position & Job date is displayed. Click on the desired position to read the job responsibilities,eligibility etc., & click on ‘Apply Now’, if you are eligible for that position.
Candidates applying for the first time will have to register & submit their resume.The resume is stored in their database,so the next time you want to apply for openings in Vijaya bank – just login on their site & send your application online.
Note : Keep regularly connected with our site. We will update all the recruitment notification and updates as soon as the bank will release it officially. Share your comments with us.