Vijaya Bank, was founded on 23rd October 1931 by late Shri A.B.Shetty and other enterprising farmers in Mangalore, Karnataka. The objective of the founders was essentially to promote banking habit, thrift and entrepreneurship among the farming community of Dakshina Kannada district in Karnataka State. The bank became a scheduled bank in 1958.
Vijaya bank clerical recruitment 2017
A candidate must be either –
(i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently
settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Candidates must possess 60% in Matriculation/SSC/SSLC/10th Std Examination of 10+2+3 pattern or 50% in HSC Examination of 10+2 (10+2+3 pattern)/Intermediate/Diploma in Banking or Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University/Board.
- Candidates should also know to Read, Write & Speak the Official Language of the State / Union Territory for which she/he applies.
- Candidates should have scored minimum cut off marks in the Common Written Examination conducted by IBPS and should be holding a valid score card issued by IBPS.
Age limit : The minimum age of the candidate should be 18 years and maximum age is 28 years.
|Sr. No||Category||Relaxation in years|
|01||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) candidates||5 years|
|02||Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates||3 years|
|03||PWD candidates||10 years|
|04||Ex-serviceman||Actual period of service rendered in Defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum of 50 years|
|05||Persons who are ordinarily being domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State during 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 Years|
|06||Widows, Divorced women, and women legally separated from their husbands, who have not remarried||9 years|
|07||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|08||Regular employees of Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (applicable Madhya Pradesh State only)||5 years|
Selection Process :
Any eligible candidate, who aspires to join Vijaya Bank, is required to register for the Common Recruitment Process (CWE Clerks-V). The examination will be two tier i.e. the online examination which will be held in two phases -(1) Preliminary Examination and (2) Main examination. The candidates who qualify the preliminary examination and shortlisted will be called for main Examination and shortlisted candidates in Main Examination will be called for a Common Interview conducted by the Bank.
Vijaya Bank Preliminary Exam Pattern
|Sr No.||Test Name||Qns.||Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability Paper||35||35||01 hour|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude Paper||35||35|
|3||English Language Paper||30||30|
Vijaya Bank Mains Exam Pattern
|Sr No.||Test Name||Qns.||Marks||Duration|
|2||General Awareness Paper||40||40|
|4 A||English Language||40||40|
|4 B||Hindi Language||40||40|
Vijaya Bank Clerk Interview Call letter / Admit card 2017 :
- Candidates who got ibps vaild score must attend for interview which will be held at prescribed address. The centre, venue address, date and time for both preliminary and main examination and interview is intimated in the call letter.
- Candidates need to download Vijaya Bank PO / Clerk Call letter / Admit card 2017 from the official website of IBPS www.ibps.in by entering registration number and password. No hard copy of Vijaya Bank call letter / admit card will be sent through post or courier.
Vijaya Bank Clerk Results 2017 :
Qualified Candidates results will be declared or published at official website of Vijaya Bank i.e www.vijayabank.com. Joining date and time will be notified to the candidate through email.
IBPS Score Requirements:
|SN||State/Union Territory||Cut-off Marks (TWS)|
Individual Subject wise Qualifying Marks
|Individual Subjects||Unreserved /General||SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EXSM/DXS/DisXS|
|Test of Reasoning (TR)||24 & above||21 & above|
|Test of English Language (EN)||24 & above||21 & above|
|Test of Numerical Ability (NA)||24 & above||21 & above|
|Test of General Awareness with special reference to Banking Industry (GA)||24 & above||21 & above|
|Test of Computer Awareness (CK)||24 & above||21 & above|
How to Apply for Vijaya Bank Recruitment 2017
- Candidates should click on the official website of bank.
- Then search for the link for new recruitment.
- Then click on that link.
- Enter all your important details.
- Then upload your latest passport size photo and your signature.
- You can take a print out of application form for future
Recommended Books :
There are lots of recommended books available in book stores for competing in a bank clerk job. Erik T. Mueller’s Common Sense Reasoning Book. Reasoning and thinking by K.I. Manktelow. These books can be easily referred to when giving emphasis on clerk examinations. English book by Raymond Murphy also is a good example of English book.
Hope the information provided above will be helpful for the candidates who are interested in recruitment. Keep visiting our page regularly for more updates. You can also share your comments with us.